AyrUnited1

Reaction score
in my second season on fm. first season i met my expectations and qualified for the euro cup again and won the fa cup with the default squad + zaha. second season i have got rid of reina(seemed error prone) johnson(always injured + kelly played better than him) doni, jones, borini, coates.
i have signed falcao, butland, baumann(german keeper), peirera rb and insua lb. basically i can't win games anymore i will dominate and get goals but i will always concede. does this have anything to do with getting rid of so many players and bringing in a large amount of new 1s at the same time? anyway my line up is

----------Carrol-Falcao--------

Sterling-----Gerrard--------Zaha

-------Lucas--Shelvey/Allen

Insua----Agger----Skrtel---Kelly

------------Butland------------

atm i have suarez benched, although i do prefer him over carrol but carrol is on amazing form atm scoring in all 6 prem games so far and suarez is currently 6.43 rating atm. Carrol as TM and Falcao as Poacher. Zaha and Sterling Inside forwards. not sure about gerrards but lucas bwm and shelvey dlp. kelly just full back on attack and insua wb, enrique the same.
this is what i would prefer to have but i can't seem to win with it despite going out dominating every game but not getting the results i deserve. i realise it would be a lot easier if i posted pics of my tactics etc but i have this **** replacement laptop until christmas and it runs fm slow takes like 15seconds to load up a players profile and to register a "continue".
basically i would like some feedback on what i should have like if i should play direct or short narrow or wide.

i am also in my second season with liverpool and on course to challenge for the title, doubt i will win the league though. teams may have figured out your tactic i have had to chop and change dependent on opposition. play falcao ahead of carol everytime from my experience, i also signed him and use him as a poacher gets a goal a game almost for me. i found agger made alot of mistakes so got rid and played coates. look at inigo martinez as a young centre half very veyr good for me.

i would use the tactic you have posted as attacking and quite direct, exploiting flanks as you have pace either side. then also set up a 4-4-1-1 with one defensive winger and one winger, a box to box centre mid and a centre mid set to defensive. again use direct football and counter attacking and neither narrow or wide just standard and change in game as neccessary. i use the latter when away from home against similair/larger teams and the one you have in most other games

then i normally create an experimental tactic as a third choice ready to deploy when the game figures out my standard preset then just rotate back after 7/8 games until i begin struggling again.

i found sterling to have little impact for me so i have shipped him out on loan and will do until he gets better and signed andre schurrle on the wing who has been sensational, and suarez is top of the assist charts as an inside forward for 75% of games

Last edited:
thanks. i was thinking of maybe signing someone to replace sterling for a bit and either loaning him out or playing in the league cup. but seeing as falcao took up £50m and had other areas to strengthen i thought i better keep him as he was getting better and does make some good runs up the wing. most of the time he doesn't seem to have any end product. just brought in jordon ibe against reading. lost 1-0 but he got motm. they got bullshit pen. i just honestly feel like the real liverpool right now with my lack of luck lol. anyway yh i'll try what you said, cheers.

i would definitely recommend bringing in another winger and loaning out the youth for a few years. look at schurrle(may have spelling wrong), or get demba ba on the min fee release clause. i spread my spending across 48 months, it uses less of your budget so you can bring in more quality. And hate to rub salt in wounds but i got falcao for £30m :)

i would definitely recommend bringing in another winger and loaning out the youth for a few years. look at schurrle(may have spelling wrong), or get demba ba on the min fee release clause. i spread my spending across 48 months, it uses less of your budget so you can bring in more quality. And hate to rub salt in wounds but i got falcao for £30m :)
Spending over 48months isn't something you should do just because it uses less of your budget. If you play on a longer save and keep doing it you can seriously screw your team over, I see people all the time buying players for 25-30mil over 48months, do that often and before you know it your team is in huge trouble.

granted yes, but i have acquired 3 players doing this and will do it for perhaps do it for 3 more across a period of 10 years. I only use it for the initial stage of setting up a strong 1st 11 and look to bring through youngsters, either through the academy or who i buy age 18 or below for a far smaller fee. For me the liverpool squad was dreadful and i couldn't have achieved what was required without doing this, when managing further down the football pyramid i avoid money transfers wherever possible and just get players on bosman deals.

Why not go for à flat 442 ( are you playing 4231 now?) and use Counter when playing away and exploit the flanks and play Standard/Attack at home, overloading ( wider, overlaps) the flanks.

Edit: Standard, Not Balanced

Last edited:
i've got a flat balanced 4-4-2 as a currently trained tactic but i havn't used it yet. i'll give it a bash against APOEL or whatever they're called in the europa group match. and yh i've been using 4231 so far this season and occasionally have removed allen/shelvey and moved my full backs up into wing back positions to allow 2 strikers

With my tactic you can dominate with Liverpool forever.

go check my tread how me dominate with Peterborough probably i will win Premiership in 3 season