DannyLFC1892

Reaction score
Finished 4th with Liverpool last season, only 5 points off first, but need to strengthen a few areas for the CL and think I could do with a bit more depth.

Here's my current squad:
View attachment 473720

I've sold Reina (10m), Agger (11m), Aspas (17m) & Douglas Costa (10m), leaving me with a TB of 41 mil.

So far this season I've signed Butland (8.5m) and Bruno Martins Indi (Free).

I can get Griezmann for 21m and Benteke for 15m but not sure how good they are as I've never signed them before. I'm looking for a winger as opposed to an inside forward as I already have Lamela and Sterling and I heard about '2nd season syndrome' and the need to tweak tactics.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

To be honest, I wouldn't buy anyone else. Your team looks nice and features a ton of young talents that should be able to become worldclass in a few seasons. Also, the good thing about not buying anyone is that your teams gels better and you should be able to perform better or atleast equally as good as last season.

To be honest, I wouldn't buy anyone else. Your team looks nice and features a ton of young talents that should be able to become worldclass in a few seasons. Also, the good thing about not buying anyone is that your teams gels better and you should be able to perform better or atleast equally as good as last season.

Cheers mate! Think I might take your advice, but I do think i'm a bit thin on the ground up front without Aspas as i'll be playing with 2 up front in a few games next season, so might go for Benteke in January if i'm struggling.

Any ideas on tactics, do they need to be changed much for the 2nd season? I don't want to go through the whole of pre-season focusing on last seasons tactics if i'm going to get battered when the season starts. I scored the most goals in the league last season but I also conceded more than Hull, something like 42 goals! The 4-2-3-1 shown in the screenshot I used for the first 15 games or so then teams started to counter that tactic so I dropped the AMC to a CM role which worked really well until the end of the season, but almost any time I changed back to the 4-2-3-1 I got beat, or conceded tons of goals. So if I start the season again with that tactic is the same thing going to happen, or will the opposition 'forget' how to counter this tactic?

Look to invest some money into youth team players for the future. Regens from big clubs look at Barca and Real Madrid some of the german clubs can be quiet useful! USA normally have a couple of good cheap players on my saves along with the eastern european teams such as chez republic ukraine!

10mil for Reina and 11mil for Agger :(

You're a bit thin at CB, Wisdom isn't brilliant and a I prefer Kelly at RB so probably could do with bringing in someone either to replace Coates or just as a solid rotation/backup.

Southampton and Middlesborough and Crewe are teams in England who also have good youth!

RB CB and a wonderkid striker would be my priorities!

10mil for Reina and 11mil for Agger :(

You're a bit thin at CB, Wisdom isn't brilliant and a I prefer Kelly at RB so probably could do with bringing in someone either to replace Coates or just as a solid rotation/backup.

I know, 21 mil ain't much for those 2 but Reina wanted first team football and Mignolet is far better for me, same goes for Agger but Papadopoulos and Coates kept him out the team, plus he's to injury prone. Offered them both out for 18 mil each but no one would offer that much.

Forgot to mention I have Toure in the reserves. Coates got the highest average rating in the league last season (7.97), and was a rock at the back. I have Bruno Martins Indi as well who has 4* potential but I think I need more experience and cover at the back, which is probably why I conceded so many goals last season, any ideas who?

Southampton and Middlesborough and Crewe are teams in England who also have good youth!

RB CB and a wonderkid striker would be my priorities!

Cheers mate. Scouting a few regen RBs & CBs now. I have Maupay, Jerome Sinclair, Yesil and Sergio Canos in my youth squad so I think I have plenty of cover up front for the next few years.