TCold

Reaction score
Hey all.

I've just recently gotten fm16 and as always went for a Liverpool save first. One of the philosophies was possession football so i was like sure, let's try doing that. But now i'm feeling lost. The team isn't at all performing how i'd want them. I don't know if it's the tactics or what, but performance is generally poor and has been through 1st and now start of 2nd season. I need some help. Either being pointed towards a tactic to use or something really.

I've been mainly playing in what the game calls 4-1-2-3 DM formation. 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 you could say, i guess. I've now gotten a group of players that works with that so i'd like to somehow make it work if at all possible.

My team:
GK:
Timo Horn
Jordan Pickford

DL(FB-sup):
Alberto Moreno
Jetro Willems

DR(FB-sup):
Nathaniel Clyne
Jon Flannagan
Jonathan Bernard**

DC(CD-def):
Mamadou Sakho
Martin Skrtel
Joel Matip
Joe Gomez
Ryan Nambe**
Finn Syppli**

DM(DM-sup):
Ignacio Camacho
Emre Can
Jordan Rossiter**

CM (BOX):
Jordan Henderson
Renato Sanches
Kristoffer Ajer**

CM (RPM):
Joe Allen
James Milner
Marko Grujic**
Lincoln**

AML(IF-att):
Phillipe Coutinho
Luan
Sheyi Ojo**

AMR(W-sup):
Jordon Ibe
Breel Embolo

ST(F9):
Roberto Firmino
Domenico Berardi
Luis Henrique**

you can make pos football work eventually

seems like you've got some good players, but I wouldn't know how to get the best out of all of them. In my first liverpool season I've been using the 4222 standard mentality, with coutinho and firmino out wide in attack mid as advanced playmakers or inside forwards, behind benteke as a target man and either Ings or sturridge next to him as an advanced, or complete forward.

I've also been using the 433 like you but with origi wide right, firmino in the centre, lucas at the base as ball winning midfielder, can and henderson either side of him mostly for occasional europa matches though.