Liverpool 3-3-2-1-1/5-3-1-1/5-2-1-2 Smooth Attacking Football *Help* before release!

Maaaaaardy

Reaction score
Hi all! This is a tactic which I have tweaked on for a good while, and I have to say it's been refreshingly good but ever so frustrating to use! First I must say I have tweaked this tactic heavily but used the instructions of Jesaustralia's Cruyff Tribute, which I was using for my team to play a flat 3-4-3 formation. So thanks Jes, your base of instructions really helped with this and I hope you don't mind me using that set up of instructions!

Onto the tactic at hand. It's a 5-2-1-2 at heart, however as I have struggled to score as many goals as I like, I am also experimenting with the exact same tactic but with a Regista instead of two forwards, leaning towards a 3-3-2-1-1 formation, or a 5-3-1-1 depending on how you look at it.

The only question is, even though I have a LOT of possession and chances, averaging around 30 a game and 65%+ possession, I rarely give teams a thumping and don't tend to score a lot of goals. A player like Firmino, who is a jack of all trades style forward, has flourished in this formation and scored and assisted, but other than that nobody else is really banging them in up top, but I do score a fair bit from my centre midfield players.

So the question is, any way somebody can recommend to score more goals? For example, this season in the league I have played 21 games so far (This is second season) and W13, D6 and L2. I have only conceded 10 goals in the league, but only scored a lowly 32, which is the lowest of the top 5 sides. This also concedes to drawing a lot of games 0-0, or scraping 1-0 wins where everyone gets an 8 and the game is far too close. I have the full backs marauding up field, multiple forwards causing havoc and free flowing, possession based football but can't seem to find the back of the net!

Here is the first tactic. This is the original version I have used for around a season and had good success with, but the goals are still missing.

a0c9be724258577512a46acd694b1d35

Here is the second version of the tactic, where I have loaded the midfield a bit more. The possession is still good, but even so, the goals aren't really flowing as much as i'd expect.

dae2adb1b1135971fe838bc951b82ad9.png

For example, this is generally how every game goes, without the scoreline, Derby happen to be last in the league.

1dd16c33f22f2bdd4e7122b0b5e772d2

The tactic does work, it just requires some more goals! If anybody has any ideas how to play my CAM/Strikers I would be willing to experiment as it's driving me crazy, it's so close to being a pretty boss tactic! Once I score goals a bit more regularly, I will release. Defensively, it is very sound though it must be said. 10 goals conceded in 22 games is rather impressive.

Thanks!

*EDIT* For some reason, pictures don't work on 2/3. Basically, the first tactic is the same as the one pictured but the strikers are a CF and a Poacher.

Last edited:
Mate, I do not think a regista and a dlp go well together. Both sit deep and do not go forword to join attacks. It would be better if the DLP is changed to another BBM. And you can remove the AM and use him as another forward. The right forward with a strong right foot and a left forward with a strong left foot will be productive. The reason is because the CWBs are going to bombard crosses and these can be converted to goals. Engourage playing through the flanks and make the full backs cross as much as possible. This patch has great success with a proper crosser.

Last edited:
What OI do you use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some tweaks to the tactic now. The BBM has been switched with a BWM (S) and the AM is now a SS (A). I get what you mean about two lying back, but oddly the Regista scores a fair few goals, he actually pushes forward quite aggressively but I am using Grujic (World class) who's PPM is get forward whenever possible. It works well though.

I will try the two forwards and switch the DLP into another role, any suggestions?

And no OI's BigSean.