SaoPaolo90

Reaction score
Right, I'm now into my fourth season with Liverpool and after winning the League and getting to the Champions League final, my board have given me a £52 million budget to play with. I know which areas I need to improve, but I'm struggling to figure out how. Here's my squad:

GK
Reina
Gulacsi

DF
Glen Johnson
Mattia Cassani

Jamie Carragher
Martin Skrtel
Simon Kjaer
Kyriakos Papadopoulos
Daniel Agger

Jose Enrique
Jack Robinson

MF
Nicolas Gaitan
Douglas Costa

Steven Gerrard
Charlie Adam
Jordan Henderson
Lucas Leiva
Arturo Vidal

Adam Johnson
Steward Downing
Gareth Bale

ST
Andy Carroll
Luis Suarez
Leandro Damiao
Carlos Tevez

I know I need a central midfielder to eventually replace Gerrard, and maybe even a striker and proper back up left back, I'm just not sure who to go for. I also need to be mindful of the homegrown rules, so I might have to get rid of the odd player. Any advice?

Use Sterling over Gaitan imo. For a Gerrard replacement, if there isn't a regen, I suggest Javi martinez, great B2B midfielder. Also, vidal is getting on a tad no? Andrea Poli or Verratti may be a good replacement. For LB I suggest Martin Olsson, best affordabe non-regen imo. Striker should be simple if you decide you need one, plenty regens and Carlos fierro and Erick torres should be beast by now.

Javi Martinez isn't exactly what I'm looking for - I'm thinking a player in the Kroos or Fabregas mould but neither want to come. Martinez is too defensive for what I'm looking for. Poli and Verratti can't really compare to Gerrard's ability.

Also, don't worry about affordability. I'm looking for 2 players tops and have an initial £53 million to do it with! Any recommendations?

You need a better back up keeper. Try PLAMEN ILIEV of Bulgaira.
Try and get Tom Crainey for your midfield. He can replace Gerrard. Look at Andrea Bertolacci.

Ah I see, you want top top top class.....
I therefore reccomend -
- Alaba (if developed well he should be around Kroos level with beast physical and slightly less technical)
- Hamsik
- Mkhitaryan (might be slightly under what you want but he's great)
- Thiago Alcantara (since he's a -9 pot player, it may be luck of the draw)

For LB I stick by olsson, also criscito is really good, absolutely ripped the left wing for italy against my england side too >< i did win though :)