Liverpool -- a very hard challenge.

Carine

Reaction score
This is a challenge I set-up for myself to try out for a bit of fun.

I've edited the database so that Liverpool are in the Europa League. The bank has also forced Liverpool's hand in terms of their loan repayments -- now you have to pay back all the money by 2014 (instead of 2020). Can you compete with the best and keep the top job whilst the club leaks money faster than a broken water-pipe? Download the file and find out...

http://rapidshare.com/files/405821311/LIVERPOOL.xml.html

nice idea mate,will give it a go

Nice one :) I've managed to do season one so far and just about able to keep hold of main stars like Gerrard, Torres etc... though Rodriguez, Agger and a few others had to be sold. Relied on youth at times, but that's not a bad thing. Finanaces are an absolute mess (even after a takeover -- new chairman literally bought the club and added no money for anything, lol). Keeping the club afloat for another four seasons is going to be tough if the first ones anything to go by.

like the idea mate, if i was more experienced in the game i would take it on.... maybe once i improve then i'll give it a go.

like the idea mate, if i was more experienced in the game i would take it on.... maybe once i improve then i'll give it a go.

Yeah, it's good fun -- makes for a change from the norm. With premier league prize money, tv rights for the new season and a few other things I've managed to get the balance upto 32,000,000 at the moment (July) -- was minus 19,000,000 last month. Qualified for Champs League too, so should be guaranteed a bit of cash there. Just need another 28,000,000 to cover the debt for the next 12 months, nevermind the wages etc, lol. Squad is still pretty much intact atm :)

when i try to download it says on the screen
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" ?>
- <record>
- <list id="db_changes">
- <record>
<integer id="database_table_type" value="3" />

<integer id="db_unique_id" value="676" />

<unsigned id="property" value="1130652276" />

- <record id="new_value">
<unsigned id="id" value="1701733492" />

<date id="value" day="31" month="0" year="2014" hours="0" minutes="0" />

<integer id="lsop" value="1" />

- <record id="olvl">
<integer id="cash" value="239500000" />

<integer id="sour" value="1" />

<date id="start_date" day="1" month="6" year="2009" hours="0" minutes="0" />

<date id="end_date" day="31" month="0" year="2020" hours="0" minutes="0" />

<real id="inrt" value="5.600000" />

</record>
is it ment to say that?

bonnerlawd,

What you're seeing there is the actual edited code from the file that is available for download. Have you downloaded the file and then opened it in Notepad or something similar? Or do you get that when you press the download button? If it's the former, then just move that file into the following directory and it will work (providing you play with only this database selected)...

Your Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2010 / editor data

If you're seeing this code as soon as you press the download link then I'm not sure why. I've just tested the link and that doesn't happen to me?

Carine.