Liverpool admit Benayoun approach

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool reveal they are interested in bringing West Ham midfielder Yossi Benayoun to Anfield.

More...

I'd like that alot, I think playing with better players he can do even better than he did with West Ham.

Persnally, I don't think he's good enough for liverpool. If mark gonzalez aint, then he aint.

How can you compare Mark Gonzalez to Benayoun?

Gonzalez is only young, Benayoun is 27! Gonzalez has had one season in the premiership and struggled with injury throughout the season. Benayoun has had two seasons in the Premiership and has shown what he can do.

Cos Gonzalez was a better prospect and was probably better in his position? What the balls is benayoun gonna do compared with alonso, sissoko and gerrard.

Perhaps all the players you named in your last post all play in different positions?

meh he COULD be a good signing for the scousers, but i think its another example of buying someone who could be a bit hit and miss cos he might not perform to a world class standard every week-which is what alot of liverpool fans are probably expecting now that the owners have promised money and they are being linked with players like Etoo and Villa. Don't get me wrong he could be a good signing, but if Liverpool want challenge for the league (which of course I don't want) as well as Cups then they should be after better players.

Yeh I know what you mean Andy I can only see Benayoun becoming a squad player, especially if we do make some big money signings. So far we've only signed Lucas and Veronin, not exactly world class players but both are big enough to get me excited.

Tidy player but i don't see him fitting into Liverpool's system especially if it's the one Benitez used all last season, he wouldn't play Gerrard central as he believed it left them vulnerable in defence so i don't see how Benayoun would feature.

Last edited:
Yeh it's true Gerrard brought more defensive qualities but he was better on the right than Pennant was but as the season went on Pennant got better and he was played on the right and Gerrard was moved to the middle.

Yeh it's true Gerrard brought more defensive qualities but he was better on the right than Pennant was but as the season went on Pennant got better and he was played on the right and Gerrard was moved to the middle.
Pennant hasn't convinced me yet he's good enough for your lot especially if you've got aspirations for the title, he needs to find some level of consistency as he seems a bit hit and miss imo and i don't think Benitez has time to wait for him to come good, you need to hit the ground running from the first game so it'll be interesting to see what you do in the summer regarding signings.

Persnally, I don't think he's good enough for liverpool. If mark gonzalez aint, then he aint.

your a tard. Benjy pwns he is an amazing winger who would walk into Liverpool. I love watching him he is class and a great footballer. Great signing