Liverpool agree fee to sell Insua

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with those ridiculing the Kuyt hatred... Kuyt's low-key, gritty, aggressive nature is exactly what LFC may need moving forward, especially if money continues to be an issue.

Hodgson = Racist? XD

Anyway, I think he is a good young player. Has a fantastic shot somehow, I fear when he gets the ball.. Well done Fiorentina, good luck for a left-back Liverpool.

How the **** is Hodgson racist? Explain to me that, please.

Cant belive some of the rubbish im reading here..

On the other hand, seeing Insua leave isnt a bad thing, im sure he is easily replacable.

Not sure why people want Kuyt to leave, he is one of the few at the club who I believe really loves playing for us and whilst he isn't the most technically capable his work-rate and determination are a real asset. Also like to see Lucas stay as I reckon Hodgson would play him in his more favoured attacking role. On-topic, why would Hodgson sell Insua and buy Figueroa? Doesn't make sense, Insua has a bright future and imo is already better than Figueroa.

Not sure why people want Kuyt to leave, he is one of the few at the club who I believe really loves playing for us and whilst he isn't the most technically capable his work-rate and determination are a real asset. Also like to see Lucas stay as I reckon Hodgson would play him in his more favoured attacking role. On-topic, why would Hodgson sell Insua and buy Figueroa? Doesn't make sense, Insua has a bright future and imo is already better than Figueroa.
this. if kuyt was a united player he wouldnt get half the stick he gets in the press

Yes, Kuyt was bought as a striker played on the wing ?
Lucas, well he wants to stay because no one else wants him

To be fair to Lucas the last 3 months of last season he was a revalation. Rumours today that Benitez wants Kuyt, id be sad to see him go because he works hard and scores goals in important games, plus how bad can he be he played in the world cup final. Kuyt wouldnt want to leave anyway hes said he wants to stay not only because he loves the club but because his family love it in England and his children are doing well at school.

Anyway guys you watch Insua make a name for himself in Italy and be in the Argentine starting 11 at World Cup 2014.

Last edited:
Lol at the racist remark. The fact there isn't enough managers willing to give English players a go in the Premiership is the problem with English football but as soon as a manager [such as Roy] signs and English player he is a racist? *****. In that case then Arsene Wenger is a racist for being French and signing a French player!

Lol at the racist remark. The fact there isn't enough managers willing to give English players a go in the Premiership is the problem with English football but as soon as a manager [such as Roy] signs and English player he is a racist? *****. In that case then Arsene Wenger is a racist for being French and signing a French player!

Very much agree. The problem goes beyond managers not playing English players. Wenger is widely said to be one of the most progressive coaches in giving youth a chance. Compare the English/British players he's brought successfully through the ranks and look at all those who he has had. It really is that bad.

Root cause is that back in the late 70s and early 80s, a chap called Charles Hughes got control of the coaching system in England within the FA. He kept control until 1998. (If you want some footage of the man trying to rig who his successor would be to make sure that his doctrine of football would continue to be followed, the Graham Taylor documentary Do I Not Like That has some clips of a boardroom meeting of the FA where he's doing just that!).

For nearly 20 years the vast majority of young players have been taught by coaches who themselves have been trained to pass on the wrong things to young players. We have several generations of players who have come through a system which is absolutely useless in producing players with skills required by the modern game at the highest levels. (England's recent 'failure' has brought it into the spotlight but it's something which has been highlighted for donkeys years - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ho-is-not-afraid-to-upset-the-apple-cart.html).

It should be no surprise that like for like there are better players, better young players, available world wide than are available to many clubs. Even clubs who have never bought into Hughes' coaching ideas are limited in the size of their cachement area and face competition from other clubs within the cachement area for the best young talent.

Thought Insua had potential (from a neutral prospective). If Hodgson brins in Maynor Figueroa as a replacemant, I fail to see how Liverpool has moved forward

Thought Insua had potential (from a neutral prospective). If Hodgson brins in Maynor Figueroa as a replacemant, I fail to see how Liverpool has moved forward
they're not moving forwards. sadly they're battling just to prevent themselves going backwards

how is wanting to buy english players racist ??? itis the english league after all :S

It's not so much because it's an english league that he would prefare signing home-grown players - it's to accomidate the new 8 player minimum ruling. LFC's first team & reserves have few decent brits featuring at present. This is not racism, this is dealing with reality

(H)

It's not so much because it's an english league that he would prefare signing home-grown players - it's to accomidate the new 8 player minimum ruling. LFC's first team & reserves have few decent brits featuring at present. This is not racism, this is dealing with reality

(H)

New rule doesn't actually mean that though mate. Nationality has nothing to do with it, just whether or not a player has been registered with any English or Welsh club for three years or more before their 21st birthday So eg Owen Hargreaves would not class as HomeGrown for Manchester United but Insua would have done for Liverpool.

Disappointed to lose him, if I'm honest. Young player with potential. Played below par last season, mainly because he was extremely overplayed, because of Fabio being injured so much. I don't see how we're going to progress with this sale, I must say, it's not looking bright for us. Maynor Figuerora isn't a viable replacement in my eyes. Hopefully Roy has something in plan for us all.

i like most saw potental in insua, he looked very tidy at full back for a young prospect. maynor is solid but it would be seen as a backwards step IMO

woy must have a plan for this summer, so i expect this to be the first of a good few transfers in and out of anfield this window

New rule doesn't actually mean that though mate. Nationality has nothing to do with it, just whether or not a player has been registered with any English or Welsh club for three years or more before their 21st birthday So eg Owen Hargreaves would not class as HomeGrown for Manchester United but Insua would have done for Liverpool.

Cheers for clarifying that - but Rafa bought a lot of his foreign youngsters from foreign parent clubs about 2 seasons back, so they won't count will they ?

Cheers for clarifying that - but Rafa bought a lot of his foreign youngsters from foreign parent clubs about 2 seasons back, so they won't count will they ?

Well, players like Pacheco and Nemeth have been here since 2007 so will clearly class as home grown. Go through our young players and you'll see a lot of British talent there too. Same as with most top flight clubs who like to play football. You bring in the best talent you can as young as you can, no matter where you find it.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/reds-back-in-for-flying-croat-left-back-2

Also nice to see Riera and Aquilani happy
prop100717-08-liverpool_al-hilal.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back