Liverpool agree to sale of Alonso

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 946

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool reach an agreement to sell midfielder Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid, subject to a medical.

More...

its about time! how much? he ain`t worth more than £15 mill! probley go for 30mill as its real!

Yeh around 30million but i think its ok i think now we can play with 2 up front and have a diomond tactic will be better now he wont have to pick out of alonso and masch

£30 mil for a 27 year old is good stuff. Same I cant see him play in EPL he was a great player, would of loved to see him play for Arsenal (only going to happen in FM 09 lol). Be interesting to see how Liverpool cope with him gone. Who will they get in to replace him? I think this sale will effect them in a negative way. Which is good from my point of view lol.

its a massive loss 2 the scousers. the only fing chelsea have done this summer that man utd,arsenal and now liverpool have done is keep hold of all their big game players.

its a massive loss 2 the scousers. the only fing chelsea have done this summer that man utd,arsenal and now liverpool have done is keep hold of all their big game players.
Do you mean "haven't done"?
If so I don't really see Ade and Toure as "Big game players"

its about time! how much? he ain`t worth more than £15 mill! probley go for 30mill as its real!

He's not worth more than £15Mil? What the ****.. You just sold Aderbayor for about £22M and Toure for like £15M! If those two were worth those mental values then Alonso is easily worth £30M..

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Do you mean "haven't done"?
If so I don't really see Ade and Toure as "Big game players"

Lol they are 2 of your better players..

But nobody wants Chelsea's "Big game players" because they are all too old and over-valued.. And technically Liverpool haven't even sold anyone yet? Chelsea are in no advantageous position.. And when we bring in Villa then Alonso will soon be forgotten.. But he is an amazing player =|

He's not worth more than £15Mil? What the ****.. You just sold Aderbayor for about £22M and Toure for like £15M! If those two were worth those mental values then Alonso is easily worth £30M..

I agree with both of you. You just have to remember we have both done deals with 2 clubs that are throwing money around like it grows on trees.

But nobody wants Chelsea's "Big game players" because they are all too old and over-valued..

I must of just been hearing things then when City were prepared to bid 40M for John Terry..

its not the fact our players arnt wanted its the fact they dont want to go.

???

toure and adebayor are arsenal's better players? gallas is by far arsenal's best defender and is nearly twice the player toure is..its just that gallas is like drogba if hes in the right frame of mind he can be brilliant.

adebayor is good.. but rvp is the better player and is more consistant and majority of the arsenal fans would prefer adebayor to leave instead of rvp..

your totally wrong on that one mate..

A good deal for both parties. Xabi is a class player who will be missed in that Liverpool side. Time for Lucas to step up ?

what happened. am i the only one who still thinks lucas sucks. i remember a time when even pool fans admitted he couldn't kick a ball

what happened. am i the only one who still thinks lucas sucks. i remember a time when even pool fans admitted he couldn't kick a ball

Yeh he really does suck, maybe a little bit worse than Anderson ;)
See his freekick the other day?

Apprently Liverpool are after either Defour or Poulsen?

A good deal for both parties. Xabi is a class player who will be missed in that Liverpool side. Time for Lucas to step up ?

Yeah, and he'll be playing further up in midfield than Alonso does so it will suit his game. 4-3-3 might be what we're heading for though.

20 million quid profit on Alonso isn't bad business (edit: with another 4 million on top of that for performance add-ons possible). Credit to Rafa for sticking to his guns and credit to Alonso for being so professional about the whole thing. Rafa obviously didn't want to be seen to be forcing the player out after last summer's reaction by the fans to the Barry saga. Nice to actually screw Real out of some money too after the Macca and Owen transfers. So nearly 40 million left in the transfer kitty with rumours aplenty on who is coming in (19 million for Aquilani seems very likely to me). Sneaky bid on the cheap for Sneijder or Negredo too? ;)

@19-11-08 - you probably could find some Liverpool supporters who think Lucas is ****. They tend to be at the shallow end of our gene pool though. Lucas is a cracking prospect, but we've had this discussion before ;)

edit: if we sign Poulsen, then it means Mash may be into his final season here btw. Though we are short of cover for Mash, and Poulsen is apparantly available for 6 million or less.

Last edited:
I really dont rate Poulsen that highly in the few games i have seen him...If sissoko is keeping him out of the Juve team then he cant be that good

Back