Reaction score
*Ok, so I appreciate I started a West Brom story very recently, however I've been having issues with FM, and although I've got it working again, my West Brom save is corrupted, so I have started on a save I've been wanting to do for a while: Liverpool FC. I swear, I will stick with this one, and my aim is basically to turn the club into to a silverware winning machine, as well as a successful youth academy to provide players for the future.*
View attachment 444606

History
European Champions Cup
Winners: 1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005
Runners Up: 1895, 2007
European Cup Winners Cup
Runners Up: 1966
EURO Cup
Winners: 1973, 1976, 2001
Club World Championship
Runners Up: 2005
Intercontinental Cup
Runners Up: 1981, 1984
European Super Cup
Winners: 1977, 2001, 2005
Runners Up: 1978, 1984
English Premier Division
Winners: 1901, 1906, 1922, 1923, 1947, 1964, 1966, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990
Runners Up: 1899, 1910, 1969, 1974, 1975, 1978, 1985, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2002, 2009
Sky Bet Championship
Winners: 1894, 1896, 1905, 1962
FA Cup
Winners: 1965, 1974, 1986, 1989, 1992, 2001, 2006
Runners Up: 1914, 1950, 1971, 1977, 1988, 1996, 2012
Community Shield
Winners: 1964, 1966, 1974, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2001, 2006

Season 2013/14

Season Expectations: EURO Cup
Transfer Budget: ?15m
Wage Budget: ?1.5m/Week

Squad Analysis

Squad Analysis.
GK
First Choice: Mignolet
Sub : Ryan Fulton
Youth: Ryan Fulton
Determined not to let Brad Jones sully the wage budget at the club, i've promoted young keeper Ryan Fulton, and assigned Mignolet to tutor him, to help him reach his potential. Looking to bring in a secondary goalkeeper, preferably young, but of a higher Current Ability than Fulton.

Left Back
First Choice: Jose Enrique
Sub: Aly Cissokho
Youth: N/A
Very thin on the ground here, it's understandable now why Rogers plays 3 at the back. Looking to bring in a talented youngster to be rotated with these guys, possibly a second in summer if I can't get Cissokho on a permanent deal.

Right Back
First Choice: Glen Johnson
Sub: John Flanagan
Youth: Ryan McLaughlin
In Ryan, we have a solid talent for the future...again, i?m not sure Flanagan can quite cut it at this level, but he's another solid prospect for the future, and so will get a fair crack at the whip this season.

Centre Backs
First Choices: Daniel Agger/Martin Skrtel
Sub: Mamadou Sakho
Youth: Tiago Illori/Andre Wisdom
A long-standing partnership remains the heart of my defence, and is backed up by new signing Sakho, along with Martin Kelly, if he stays. In the youth prospects we have a partnership with high ratings for the future, and a pairing who could be the rock of the team for years to come.

Defensive Midfielder
First Choice: Lucas Leiva
Sub: Jordan Rossiter
Youth: Pedro Chirivella
Here, all three players are still relatively young, and both Jordan and Pedro are really youth options, but Jordan has a higher Current Ability, so its likely he?ll stay at the club while Pedro goes on loan or plays in the u21s.

Central Midfielders
First Choices: Steven Gerrard/Jordan Henderson
Sub: Joe Allen
Youth: Jordan Lussey
Maybe not the player to set the league alight, but Jordan Lussey is a decent prospect for the future, so i?m aiming to get him as much time with the senior side as possible. Otherwise the central midfield position is looking really strong as a base for our attacks.

Left Winger
First Choice: Coutinho
Sub: Raheem Sterling
Youth: Harry Wilson
Perhaps controversial playing with Wingers on a Liverpool save, but I feel confident that players like Coutinho will be able to stretch teams out and give the midfield space to rip them to shreds. In terms of youth, both Raheem and Harry have a bright future

Right Winger
First Choice: Luis Suarez
Sub: Jordon Ibe
Youth: Sergi Canos
Again, another position which needs strengthened, as I sent Victor Moses back to Chelsea, because he was eating up wages and wasn't going to play enough to merit them. Suarez has what it takes to tear defenders apart on the right wing, and also fire goals in himself.

Striker
First Choice: Daniel Sturridge
Sub: Iago Aspas
Youth: Jerome Sinclair/Alberto Cerri
Potentially a position which needs strengthened, as i'm not sure Aspas can provide the quality. However, Sinclair is an incredible talent, and will be getting some playing time if all goes according to plan.

Essentially, the idea here is that the players who are first choice and subs will be the Senior Squad, and the Youth players will be the mainstays of the u21 squad, to enable them to play against a higher standard of opposition...i?m going to try to only sign ?wonderkids? if they would replace one of the Subs, to allow me to focus on developing the club?s youth, rather than smothering it with players from outside the club/country.

Last edited:
finally a Liverpool story...i've started a save with Liverpool too!! currently i'm in September first season...

finally a Liverpool story...i've started a save with Liverpool too!! currently i'm in September first season...
Awesome mate, I was finding the tactics a bit tricky during preseason, think i'm sorted now though! Got another update coming soon :)

Summer Transfers 2013

Transfers: Summer 2013

In

Alberto Cerri (ST) - 17 - Parma - 825k
Richairo Zivkovic (ST) - 16 - FC Groningen - 600k
Eder Alvarez Balanta (DC) - 20 - River - 6.5m
Jay Rodriguez (ST) - 24 - Southampton - 5.75m
Total: 13.69m
Out
Many, either for free or on loan.
Total:0

We were less active in the transfer market than i would have liked. Most of the outgoing movement was players released on free transfers, or moving on loan for a season, with a view to either develop them, or persuade clubs to take them permenantly. In terms of incoming signings, Cerri and Zivkovic are both incredible talents for the future, and i?ve read a lot about Balanta becoming one of the best CBs in the game. Jay Rodriguez was bought to provide depth in the striker position, which allowed me to send Aspas out on loan. In terms of how this affects the Squad, Cerri will be a rotation option up front, probably mostly playing in cup games, while Zivkovic will play in the u21s, and possibly go out on loan to a feeder club. Balanta will be a rotation option at the back, and i?m considering selling Sahko, as he?s unhappy that i?ve got 4 central defenders (well, 5 if we include Martin Kelly). Rodriguez will be my ?sub? striker, being rotated with Sturridge once Suarez is back, with Suarez alternating between the right wing and the false nine role.

Preseason Results 2013

Liverpool 3-0 Academica
Luis Suarez (15)
Makelele og (42)
Raheem Sterling (60)
A good result, and I'm very pleased with the way the team played, and also the performance of the subs as i made wholesale changes at half time, with no clear drop in performance overall.

Liverpool 1-1 Lazio
Gerrard (85)
Good performance defensively, and we created a decent amount of chances. Ididn't really rotate the squad here, instead testing my first team as it is, and they performed, with Gerrard scoring from a penalty to put us ahead before Ederson capitalised on a mistake to draw Lazio level on 90 minutes. Overall, I'm pleased with the performance.

Liverpool 1-2 OM
Jose Enrique (62)
Again, due to the standard of the opposition, I fielded more or less my first team, however I did give Balanta his first start, along with Alberto Cerri, in order to rest Sturridge, with the net result that Cerri got injured within his first 45 minutes in a Liverpool shirt. As we were a goal down at half time, I also introduced John Flanagan and Raheem Sterling to give them a taste of the action. Both of them impressed as we pulled a goal back. Overall, it was a good performance, and we look well set up for the season to come.

Liverpool 0-2 Portland
Rotated the squad for this game, playing the 'subs' as it were. Also tweaked the tactics slightly, as we've not been taking/creating enough chances so far. After the first half, we were 2-0 down, despite controlling most of the possession and creating chances. I rotated again at half time, bringing on the first-team players to make the outcome more respectable, but it did not get any better. Overall i'm disappointed by this result.

Liverpool 4-3 Columbus
Daniel Agger (10)
Daniel Sturridge (75)
Suarez (79, 80)
For this game, I left Suarez out of the first XI, having just remembered his domestic ban, and having to settle the squad for the first league game...I'm also still tinkering with tactics, and tried a 4-2-3-1 for this game. We Started well, 1-0 within 10 minutes, but from then it went downhill, as we conceded 2 goals in 10 minutes. In the end, I came to admit that we needed Suarez, and brought him on at half time, and he set up Sturridge's goal, and scored twice as we fought back to victory.

Overall
Overall, pre-season was not the walk in the park I had hoped it would be, with some poor performances defensively. I can only hope that we tighten up a bit, and have as such put the main training focus on defending, with match prep alternating between tactics and attacking movement depending on who we are playing. I'm concerned about how we will fare without Suarez, and i'm mainly looking to Coutinho to provide the spark to kick our campaign into gear.

Last edited:
Great way to start a story. Being a Liverpool fan myself, I'll follow closely!

Keep it up!

Sorry i've not posted in a while, FM14 messed up, but i've got it fixed now, just need to catch up with myself :) update coming soon!

August 2013

August 2013

After our pre-season performances, I wasn't expecting fireworks in our first league games, however, we opened our season well, with 2 wins and 2 draws leaving us 7th in the league at the end of August.

Matches
Liverpool 4-0 Fulham
Jay Rodriguez (10,53)
Steven Gerrard (32)
Daniel Sturridge (81)

Liverpool 0-0 Norwich

Liverpool 3-1 Wolves
Raheem Sterling (29,74)
Alberto Cerri (33)

Liverpool 2-2 Aston Villa
Jordon Ibe (52)
Daniel Sturridge (64)

Overall, some good performances from the team, with encouraging signs from youngsters such as Ibe, Sterling and Cerri, all managing to get themselves on the scoresheet...again, i'm still tinkering with the tactics, and hopefully i'll have a settled line-up in time for our September games.

Player of the Month: Daniel Sturridge
View attachment 442044
He's really stepped up to fill the gap left by Suarez's suspension, both creating and scoring goals.

Young Player of the Month: Coutinho
View attachment 442043
Again, Coutinho has impressed me with his creative input and the way he pulls defences out of shape, allowing the rest of the team space to play.

Overall, August was a promising start to our season, and one that I hope to build on in the coming months.

Last edited:
August 2013

After our pre-season performances, I wasn't expecting fireworks in our first league games, however, we opened our season well, with 2 wins and 2 draws leaving us 7th in the league at the end of August.

Matches
Liverpool 4-0 Fulham
Jay Rodriguez (10,53)
Steven Gerrard (32)
Daniel Sturridge (81)

Liverpool 0-0 Norwich

Liverpool 3-1 Wolves
Raheem Sterling (29,74)
Alberto Cerri (33)

Liverpool 2-2 Aston Villa
Jordon Ibe (52)
Daniel Sturridge (64)

Overall, some good performances from the team, with encouraging signs from youngsters such as Ibe, Sterling and Cerri, all managing to get themselves on the scoresheet...again, i'm still tinkering with the tactics, and hopefully i'll have a settled line-up in time for our September games.

Player of the Month: Daniel Sturridge
View attachment 448603
He's really stepped up to fill the gap left by Suarez's suspension, both creating and scoring goals.

Young Player of the Month: Coutinho
View attachment 448605
Again, Coutinho has impressed me with his creative input and the way he pulls defences out of shape, allowing the rest of the team space to play.

Overall, August was a promising start to our season, and one that I hope to build on in the coming months.

You gonna show us your tactic and your style of football with the team please? Great start by the way