Liverpool 'approach BA chairman'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 1K
It's been up for sale for a couple of years Scott - all that's happened is that they've decided to use one bank and not two to find someone to buy it. The problem remains that the asking price is far higher than the club can be realistically valued at because H&G want to take the profit from the value of the club rising because of a new stadium, but without even starting the building of a new stadium never mind paying for it.

Bit like me selling a house and trying to persuade you it's worth twice the market value because if you spent the same amount of money as you were paying for the house on refurbishing it after you bought it, it would be worth twice as much and so you should pay me extra for allowing you to have such an investment opportunity...

In todays world and Market 600million doesnt look a bad price for liverpool. it is still a big club. The Galzers would want at least double that for Utd, who also have bigger debts to control. You cant expect them not to want a profit, They are business men, not footballling men. they bought liverpool as an investment to ultimately make a profit. So why expect any different?

In todays world and Market 600million doesnt look a bad price for liverpool. it is still a big club. The Galzers would want at least double that for Utd, who also have bigger debts to control. You cant expect them not to want a profit, They are business men, not footballling men. they bought liverpool as an investment to ultimately make a profit. So why expect any different?

H&G paid 218.9 million for Liverpool three years ago. We've had the largest financial crash since the thirties, but three years on they reckon the club has nearly trebled in value with the stadium still not being built. Revenue has gone up, so obviously the price for the club should go up to reflect that, but revenue has not trebled in three years.

As a business proposition, 600 million is way too high for Liverpool. Do you reckon anyone will buy Manchester United at treble what the Glazers paid (ie 2.2 billion)?

H&G paid 218.9 million for Liverpool three years ago. We've had the largest financial crash since the thirties, but three years on they reckon the club has nearly trebled in value with the stadium still not being built. Revenue has gone up, so obviously the price for the club should go up to reflect that, but revenue has not trebled in three years.

As a business proposition, 600 million is way too high for Liverpool. Do you reckon anyone will buy Manchester United at treble what the Glazers paid (ie 2.2 billion)?

I think it could honestly take that much for the Glazers to leave, i realy do.

I think it could honestly take that much for the Glazers to leave, i realy do.

I reckon that you're probably right (was having a chat with an old friend who does this kind of thing for a living and he reckons 1.8 billion is roughly where Glazer would decide the profit is enough for him to get out - because he'll want the profits he can get out of the club while running it into the ground paid up front to him). But no-one is going to invest at that kind of price - hence you guys having those muppets known as the Red Knights trying to grab some media attention but being approximately 1.8 billion away from being able to afford to buy the club rather than any serious interest by anyone capable of buying the club.

Our yanks setting equally silly asking prices means the same thing for us. - we need someone who's buying the club for vanity reasons as that'll be the only person who'll not care that all the profit in the club for the foreseeable future has been creamed off by H&G.

Last edited:
Back