Euro Cup

AIK 3 Liverpool 2 (Euro Cup 3rd Qualifying Round, 1st Leg)

View attachment 295756

As manager I am solely to blame for this defeat, with the changes to the backroom staff I left it too late in arranging friendlies and the fitness in the starting XI showed it. It's not what I hoped for in my managerial debut.

It started so brightly too - Oussama Assaidi went on a fantastic run after picking the ball up on the half-way line, and after dribbling around four AIK players slotted it neatly into the bottom corner. Soon after Liverpool were 0-2 up again from the Moroccan debutant (this time a tap-in).
It didn't last till half-time however, as players started to panic when tiredness began setting in, they started to surrender possession to their Swedish opponents. After some good work around the edge of the box AIK forced a corner, which Robert Ahman-Persson duly scored from (22nd minute), and in a repeat of the first goal Alexander Milosevic did the same (41st).
The Reds hoped to last till half time, but from a dangerous free-kick the ball was curled in beautifully onto the head of 31yr old striker Ashkan Petri to send the Liverpool players in at the break with their heads down.
The introductions of Sebastian Coates, for the disappointing Martin Skrtel, Wellington Nem for the equally bad Fabio Borini and Steven Gerrard for the tiring Jordan Henderson on the hour mark did little to rouse a comeback.
MOTM - Oussama Assaidi

INJURY NEWS - JACK ROBINSON OUT FOR 6 to 7 WEEKS
Jack Robinson has been ruled out for 6 to 7 weeks with a double hernia.
'Without Jack we do not have a natural left back or back-up, but with Glen (Johnson), Danny (Wilson) and Jamie (Carragher) we will find cover if it's needed'.

Liverpool 6 AIK 0 (Euro Cup 3rd Qualifying Round, 2nd Leg)

View attachment 295757

That's more like it!! The three players who came on as subs in the first leg started this game, the players has a higher match fitness (80%+) and the addition of Home advantage certainly played it's part.

Captain Steven Gerrard scored in the 7th minute with a diving header on the 6 yard box, celebrations soon increased in the Kop as Oussama Assaidi slotted home after neat work from Luis Saurez (10th minute).
Assaidi did it again after stealing the ball from a labouring centreback to smash the ball past an unexpecting 'keeper. With the second half still far off Daniel Agger scored a flicked header from a Wellington Nem corner in the 21st minute, to all but end the contest.
Liverpool eased off in the second half with fitness still an issue, Luis Saurez then got in the action blasting home form out side the box, before that man again Oussama Assaidi drilled the final nail in AIK's coffin after some good work by substitute Fabio Borini.
MOTM - Oussama Assaidi

Liverpool drew Swiss side Servette FC in the Next Round (Euro Cup Playoff)

With Inter, Stuttgart, PSV out their I was pleased with the draw to say the least.

Last edited:
Pre-Season: DONE

View attachment 295785
Friendlies are over, and although we only had three (and against terrible opposition), I'm quite pleased with the improvement shown; less misplaced passes etc.
The Spanish duo of Suso and Dani Pacheco impressed, as did Oussama Assaidi for more obvious reasons.
The Moroccan has really surprised me as I fully expected him to lavish in the reserves at the start of the season.

INJURY NEWS - GLEN JOHNSON OUT FOR 6 WEEKS

Glen Johnson has been ruled out for 6 weeks with a hernia.
'Another Hernia!! Martin Kelly is a capable right back, I will not be looking to recall John Flanaghan at this time though'.

First Up Reading

I'm pleased with starting the campaign away to Reading, after the fearful performance away in Sweden I'm looking forward to seeing how we fair against the newly promoted team.
I'm still unsure who the XI at kick-off will be.

images

Certain players are a certainity:

Four of the back five pick themselves (Reina, Kelly, Agger, Enrique) but it's between Skrtel and Coates (sorry Jamie) as to who will start alongside Agger.
Gerrard and Assaidi are the only midfielders I have penciled in, while Saurez will start but I am unsure where as of yet.
I am really earning my new wage!

AUGUST

Reading 1 Liverpool 3

View attachment 295814

A solid start to the season, some promising movement but also a little bit of worry as well.

The game started off well with Jonjo Shelvey managing to worm his way into the box before finishing calmly while surrounded by Reading defenders.
Luis Saurez then managed to pull off an amazing feat, which the supporters will hope never to see again, after picking the ball up just inside the opponents half the striker, who found himself start on the left wing today, cut inside and beat the entire Reading defense before hitting the post with his effort, and then hitting the other post with the rebound! Oussama Assaidi ("Feed the *** and he will score" was heard from the stands) made it 0-2 with a smart header from a Shelvey corner.
The second half was more of the same, Daniel Agger added a third from another Jonjo Shelvey corner before Robson-Kanu got a late consolation. With added time in play Sebastian Coates thanked me for the start ahead of Skrtel by getting himself sent off with what was the only card of the game.
MOTM - Jonjo Shelvey

overview19.jpg

Lucas Back In Contention

It's been a long 9 months for Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva, with damaged knee cartilage keeping him out for the entire pre-season. That is now behind him and he was seen today back in full training at Liverpool's training ground.
Fans hoping to see Lucas back in the squad for the up-coming game against FC Servette will be let down, with Frederik Josef admitting that although it is great to have Lucas back in training, there needs to be patience as he builds up his match-fitness.

FC Servette 1 Liverpool 2
(Euro Cup, Playoff Round 1st Leg)

View attachment 295823

The scoreline says nothing about the performance, we dominated throughout and I still have no idea how it ended up as 1-2

A strong team traveled to Switzerland in hope of a big win, so the reserves could play the second leg.
It all started well for Liverpool, dominating possession and looking dangerous from debutant Nuri Sahin's freekicks. Then disaster struck for the Merseyside team with Daniel Agger putting the ball past his own 'keeper on the half hour mark. At half-time the score was still 1-0, FC Servette had not had a single shot on target, Liverpool had had eight!
The second half began and when Liverpool need someone to score you can always count on Luis Sau..... Oh, no it was Oussama Assiadi AGAIN! Scoring his second headed goal in as many games thanks to a Nuri Sahin freekick, the turn around was complete when Steven Gerrard (who had gone unnoticed all until now) scored when the ball landed at his feet 6 yards out.
At the final whistle the FC Servette had had 3 shots, Liverpool had managed 32.
MOTM - Nuri Sahin

INJURY NEWS - SUSO AND COATES BOTH INJURED
Suso has been ruled out for 3 weeks with an undisclosed chest injury suffered during training.
'Suso was in line to make his competitive debut against FC Servette, but our plans will have to change with this news; I have
no doubt he'll come back to play his part this season.'

Sebastian Coates has been ruled out for 2 months after dislocating his shoulder.
'We are beginning to look a little short at the back, hopefully we have no more injuries. With Coates suspended in the league we shouldn't be too harshly affected.'

Liverpool 2 FC Servette 0
(Euro Cup, Playoff Round 2nd Leg)
View attachment 295840

Jamie Carragher got his first minutes of the campaign and Samed Yesil made a goalscoring debut in what will be a quickly forgotten game. Nothing to see here people.

In the first half nothing of note happened, not even a booking. When the second half started noticeable tweaks had been made to get Fabio Borini more involved, and after hitting the bar with a good header the Italian managed to get his first goal for his new club with a neat finish; before being substituted after sustaining a knock.
Samed Yesil however looked likely in his 20 minute cameo, popping up with a good finish which showed promise. His manager looked very pleased with the strike, and will no doubt be keeping a close eye on the striker in training.
MOTM - Martin Kelly

MONTHLY ROUND-UP

It wasn't the busiest month in terms of games but we didn't lose, we progressed in the Euro Cup.
According to the board they are very pleased with the 'Superb' attacking football, considering the players are still learning the tactics I'm very happy with that. There has been a few bright sparks, and a few low ebbs which will be explained in the next few posts (Which will follow in the New Year).

GAMES: 3 WON: 3
FOR: 7 AGAINST: 2

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
assaidi.jpg

OUSSAMA ASSAIDI

Last edited:
Transfer Round Up

Liverpool Fans Concerned

View attachment 296025
Liverpool fans are said to be concerned today as their team once again faltered in the transfer window.
With the Reds hoping to finish in a European position this season incomings were expected. As the transfer window drew close only one player was seen entering club to join precious signings Wellington Nem and Tristan Berghuis. That player however was Craig Gordon who was later confirmed as a free transfer by Managing Director Ian Ayre.

Players did however continue to leave Anfield in their droves, previous goalkeepers Doni (Udinese) and Brad Jones (Brighton) left seemingly not needed with Gordon in the ranks. While Raheem Sterling (Stoke) and Stewart Downing (Fulham), both first team players, were allowed to leave on long-term loan deals along with reserve team right back John Flanaghan (Cardiff). Joe Cole was sold to Norwich (2.1m) in an undisclosed deal also.

Fans are curious as to what the future holds for Liverpool as the new manager Frederik Josef seemed to struggle to get any significant funds for much needed players. In a Press Conference Josef stated that the squad needed to be trimmed before any meaningful decisions concerning the squad could be finalised, although he seemed more concerned than he was letting on.

Will-Hughes-of-England-202x121.jpg

Good news was given however as young Derby midfielder Will Hughes has agreed to join Liverpool at the end of the season, Hughes looks to have a very bright future in the game and has been compared to Paul Gascoigne with his ability to dictate the match.

Privately: I'm annoyed with Stewart Downing for rejecting three different 10m+ deals, three other players also refused contracts. With that I was stuck trying to get players in on loan or for free. It wasn't the transfer window I was hoping for as I had initially lined up a few young players to replace the bigger wages.
The finances will be very important for the first few seasons, I will seemingly have to be at my best to work around this.

Last edited:
well done so far. that tactic you have implemented seems to work really well and score plenty of goals and not concede too much and keep good amounts of possession. unlucky in the transfer window too but you may be able to add to the squad in january.

ps: care to share the tactic?

well done so far. that tactic you have implemented seems to work really well and score plenty of goals and not concede too much and keep good amounts of possession. unlucky in the transfer window too but you may be able to add to the squad in january.

ps: care to share the tactic?

Hopefully you are right about the tactic, I'm still making changes to it at the moment though as it's far from perfect (the strikers for example aren't scoring goals consistently yet), probably post it at the end of the season. The window was a nightmare, but Sterling will get more playing time at Stoke and at least I'll be able to evaluate my squad properly till January.

Last edited:
September

Wigan 0 Liverpool 1

View attachment 296419

"We controlled the game but just couldn't get the breakthrough, and in the end were lucky with the late own goal. Luis Saurez didn't get involved much which is a worry.
"

With the news that Fabio Borini had suffered a concussion on the eve of this match it meant a reshuffle for the starting XI with Luis Saurez moving up front and Dani Pacheco starting on the left wing. Lucas made the bench for the first time this season.
It was a forgettable game for Wigan and even more so for Ronnie Stam, whose 89th minute backpass crept under the foot of Al-Habsi and into the back of the net to gift Liverpool the victory.
Liverpool were looking as if they had ran out of any ideas as how to break down Wigan's stubborn back five. Few clear cut chances were made (0!). I'm sure both managers will come away with positives from the performances but only Frederik Josef will have the 3 points.
MOTM - Jose Enrique

Liverpool 1 West Brom 1
View attachment 296427

"I'm absolutely livid to have been robbed like this. West Brom came here to simply kick us off the park... Assiadi, Lucas, Kelly, Henderson were all carrying knocks at the end of the game and leaving us with 9 men for the last 10 minutes. After destroying them in the first half we just couldn't hold on.
"

Liverpool will feel themselves unlucky today after a last minute West Brom equaliser by midfielder James Morrison cost them all 3 points. Liverpool dominated the opening half with Luis Saurez particularly impressing, the striker hit the post and the bar before slotting home after a great pass by the returning Lucas. The earlier misses however cost the Reds when with nine men against ten (Olsen had been sent off for persistant fouling) proved too much for the war wounding Liverpool team. There was also a goal ruled out for offside against the Liverpool man, his manager looked angry but refused to comment.
MOTM - Luis Saurez

INJURY NEWS - OUSSAMA ASSIADI OUT FOR 2 WEEKS
Oussama Assiadi has been ruled out for 2 weeks after sustaining injury during the West Brom match.
'We saw this coming (Assiadi had to be subbed at half-time), the way West Brom played was disgraceful and with a couple of other players out for a couple of days it will be tough to get anything now against Napoli'

Napoli 1 Liverpool 4
(EURO Cup, Group H)

View attachment 296428

"What can I say?! That was fantastic, from the statistics you'd think we were lucky but we had all the best chances. When Napoli lined up with a back three I was surprised and we used the flanks against them early on in both halfs. Incredible result."

In an action packed first half Liverpool went straight to their Italian opponents, which noticeably rocked the Napoli team. It wasn't long before after great work by Luis Saurez (shifted out to the right wing due to injuries), that Steven Gerrard opened the scoring with a tap in; it was 0-2 soon after when Wellington Nem managed to reach a parry by Morgan De Sanctis to slot home from a tight angle. Luis Saurez could have made it three if instead of shooting from the right hand side he had passed it to the unmarked Fabio Borini, or the equally unmarked Gerrard in the six yard box.
Liverpool made a tactically switch with JonJo Shelvey now sitting deeper at the start of the second half. After 50 minutes the score was 0-4, great work from Wellington Nem allowed Luis Saurez to poach from no more than 2 yards. Soon Saurez had his second from a corner (50th) before Joe Allen had another cruelly disallowed for offside. Goran Pandev pulled one back after some good interplay in the midfield (70th), before a red card for Gianluca Grava gave Liverpool the breathing room to relax and conserve strength for the long season ahead.
MOTM - Luis Saurez

Liverpool 0 Blackburn 0
- Liverpool go through 4-2 on Penalties
(Capital One Cup, Third Round)

View attachment 296429

"I'm pleased with the result rather than the performance, we had a few players out there who were not match fit (Carragher, Johnson, Assaidi (as a sub)), and a lot of young players who gained valuable experience (Wilson, Henderson, Suso, Yesil, Pacheco). They can hold their heads up high, Blackburn are a good side"

Liverpool put out a reserve side in this cup match, and with a game against Arsenal looming it was understandable. New signing Craig Gordon was given his debut and walked away with the champagne after a Man of the Match performance which culminated in him saving two penalties.
Both teams had chances in what was a relitively poor game, but overall the better team won.
MOTM - Craig Gordon

Liverpool drew fellow Premier Division side Stoke City in the Next Round (Capital One Cup)
I'd have been happier with Bournemouth, or any of the Championship sides left but I guess it could have been worse.

Liverpool 2 Arsenal 0

View attachment 296433

"We rode our luck at times, Arsenal had chances and we showed character to hold on and then get a second.
I'm pleased my risky choice to play move defensively at home paid off otherwise I'd have some explaining to do."

Liverpool started this game with two midfielders sat in front of the back four and this helped to keep Arsenal from attempting anything but long range efforts. The match started under controversy after Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard went down under a strong challenge by Diaby only to receive a yellow card for diving. Liverpool were using the pace given to them by Wellington Nem and Luis Saurez well, but it was the unlikely source of Lucas Leiva who broke the deadlock with a screamer into the top corner from just inside the 18 yard box.
The second half started brightly for Arsenal, dominating possession and creating attack after attack; Santi Cazorla hitting the inside of the post in the 68th minute only for the ball to fall kindly for Daniel Agger to clear.
Against the run of play, Liverpool found themselves breaking five on two and after good work by substitutes Fabio Borini and JonJo Shelvey, Luis Saurez crept the ball under the on rushing Wojciech Szczesny causing the Anfield crowd to go wild. Mikel Arteta was unlucky late on with a free-kick which hit the post, but Liverpool held out to get the result.
MOTM - Lucas Leiva

MONTHLY ROUND-UP

The month started slowly but I can't help be pleased with the results, and a couple of the performances in particular were a pleasure to watch. The strikers have started to get more involved in the play if not the goals (Fabio Borini I am looking at you). I'm still smiling about the Napoli win, and I'm still not exactly sure how we did it after drawing against West Brom, which is the biggest disappointment in a successful month.

GAMES: 5 WON: 3 (+1 on Penalties)
FOR: 8 AGAINST: 3

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
suarez_263.jpg

LUIS SAUREZ

In other news Frederik Josef was named runner-up for the Manager of the Month award, losing out to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Last edited:
Is everyone OK with the general layout?
Any screenshots etc. wanted just say, and I'll bring them into the story in the next posts.
If there is anything you'd like included to improve the story too, I'll take a look.

October

INJURY NEWS - DANIEL AGGER OUT FOR 4 TO 5 WEEKS
Daniel Agger has been ruled out for over a month with what appears to a Hernia.
'I'm beginning to think that Hernia's are contagious!! Agger has been great, Wilson will replace him in the team and I have full faith that he'll step up, if not Carragher with be waiting in the wings to replace him.'

Liverpool 0 Vaslui 0

(EURO Cup, Group H)

View attachment 296627

"We have a Premier Division match coming up so the senior players were rested, but the team I put out should have still been able to get us the win, I pretty disappointed."

Liverpool's reserve side did not shine too brightly against Vaslui, if anything they were lucky to be level at half-time after the away side had an early goal chalked off for offside. Fabio Borini once again failed to impress in front of goal and could soon see himself out o the squad if improvement s not forth coming. The one performance of note was by right back Martin Kelly who has been very calm in possession and assured at the back whenever his team has called on him.
MOTM - Martin Kelly

Liverpool 5 West Ham 2

View attachment 296652

"Pleased with us finally taking our chances, Assaidi ran the show again. Saurez had to go off at half-time though, and I have my fingers crossed he'll be OK, Borini can't replace him. It was great to get Robinson back n the squad too, he played well when replacing Enrique."

Liverpool's first team showed the reserves how to do it against West Ham. Steven Gerrard had tested the goalkeeper, while Luis Saurez (bar) and Oussama Assaidi (post) were unlucky hitting the woodwork; all before Suarez made it 1-0 in the 11th minute with a real poachers effort. Wellington Nem made it 2-0 soon after (14th minute) after he collected the ball inside the box before skinning his man and lashing the ball home at the near post. Danny Wilson, in for the injured Daniel Agger, then scored his first goal for the club with a neat header in the 24th minute. West Ham did reply however, with a deep ball in from Mark Noble, Winston Reid headed the ball past a stranded Pepe Reina with what was West Ham's only shot of the first half.
Liverpool came out relaxed after half-time and West Ham took advantage, Mobodo Maiga bringing it back to 3-2 with a free header at the far post. Steven Gerrard put the match beyond doubt with a well struck penalty (86th minute) before Lucas capped off the scoring drilling home from just outside the area.
MOTD - Oussama Assaidi

Manchester City 2 Liverpool 0
View attachment 296668

"We didn't play that badly, the big difference here is simply in the money. Hamsik, Silva, Kaka, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero etc. I mean how can I cope with that. I hate Man City"

Nuri Sahin was given rare start in what I Josef had obviously hoped would be a game changer, and it certainly was when the Turkish international gave away a penalty in the 7th minute which Carlos Tevez duly struck home. That was the way it stood at half-time.
Substitute Fabio Borini caused confusion in the the Manchester City half, which ended up with Kolo Toure hauling down Luis Saurez for a penalty; up stepped Steven Gerrard but his tame penalty was easily saved by the City 'keeper. Kolo Toure then made amends for his earlier mistake with a goal at the other end making the score 2-0 with less than 15 minutes to go.
MOTM - Martin Skrtel

Anji 0 Liverpool 2

View attachment 296677

"It wasn't one or the purists, I have alot of kids playing and I guess it's a good result. We're having trouble breaking down defences recently I'm trying to figure a way to help but right now we are struggling to put teams away."

Liverpool once again sent out their reserves in the Euro Cup, this time against a strong Anji side containing Samual Eto'o, Lassana Diarra and Yuri Zhirkov. The young Reds started slowly and while the match played on a poor surface it was undestandable a poor affair.
At the one hour mark Liverpool made an amazing triple substitution but it was Pepe Reina who was keeping Liverpool in the match with an amazing double save from Eto'o. Liverpool finally made the break through in the 72nd minute when midfielder JonJo Shelvey bundled home the ball in messy fashion. Luis Saurez (on in the triple substition) later made it beyond doubt with a chipped finish from 31 yards. Although it was expected Liverpool would win by a large margin, the youngsters held their own and should be pleased with the victory.
MOTM - Danny Wilson

Liverpool 0 Stoke City 0
- Stoke go through 5-6 on Penalties

View attachment 296692

"Captal One Cup again, penalties again, but this team we're out. We played poorly but should have won and after scoring the first three pens (Stoke missed the first two) I'm even more annoyed."

Liverpool rested a number of key players in this Capital One Cup clash and in truth find themselves unlucky to be out of the competition. Liverpool have been poor of late and the youngsters did not have the vigor or verve or fitness to match their more experienced opponents over 120 minute. Fabio Borini has now played over 8 hours of football without a goal.
MOTM - Craig Gordon

MONTHLY ROUND-UP

It was a terrible month, and not just because we were knocked out of the league cup, certain players are obviously not up to the challenge and the squad depth is not where I thought it was. After winning two games this month there needs to be improvement as I doubt the personnel will change much when January comes around.

GAMES: 5 WON: 2
FOR: 7 AGAINST: 4

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Danny-Wilson-Liverpool-Player-Profile_2835494.jpg

DANNY WILSON
He has proved himself able to cover for Daniel Agger, and narrowly beat out Martin Kelly and Martin Skrtel.

In other news Danny Wilson also was named in third place for the Young Player of the Month award, losing out to Romelu Lukaku(WBA) and Jack Wilshire (Arsenal).

thread is looking nice. the layout is easy to read and get through. good job on the results and europa league.

NEWS UPDATE

article-2039721-0D79D76F00000578-468_306x252.jpg

WEST HAM SACK ALLARDYCE

With West Ham currently languishing at the foot of the table with no points from nine games, David Sullivan and David Gold have decided to start afresh with a new manager.
Although very early in the season the two David's have thanked Big Sam for his time with the Irons and have wished him good luck in landing another big job. It is believed that Ian Holloway, who has made no secret of his want to return to the Premier Division is the bookies favourite, with Chris Powell a surprising second favourite.
Sam Allarydyce stated that if his surname sounded foreign he'd have already won the league by now.

263d_5038eb4d725cd923053799.jpg

Nuri Not Needed

Rumours are circulating that Nuri Sahin could find himself on his way back to Spain sooner than anyone thought. The player, on loan at Liverpool from Real Madrid, has failed to settle in Merseyside and has put in a string of poor performances for the Reds, a club insider has stated that if he does not improve drastically in the coming weeks manager Frederik Josef with terminate the loan deal and send him packing.

November

Liverpool 5 Sunderland 0

View attachment 296874

"Brilliant!! Just what was needed to start the month after the disappointing results of October. Sunderland did dribble through the midfield too many times but all without a finish. Brilliant!! Next up Anji."

It started off well for Liverpool when Osussama Assaidi found himself in space on the right, and crossed perfectly for Steven Gerrard to head home in just the 4th minute. The Moroccan international added to his already impressive tally for the season after some smart play on the edge of Sunderland's box, the ball came to Wellington Nem who managed to evade challenges before cutting back for the winger to slide home. Luis Saurez was also booked for diving just before the break.
Nuri Sahin, who reportedly could find himself out of Anfield soon, scored his first goal for the club with a well placed free-kick shortly after the restart. Emmanuel Frimpong made it even worse for the Black Cats when he suffered the indignity of heading past his own goalkeeper. There was then anther first when late substitute Dani Pacheco scored his first ever goal for the club with a smart finish into the bottom right corner. The Sunderland fans by now could not be heard.
MOTM - Lucas Leiva

**BREAKING NEWS**
Following the disastrous result at the hands of Liverpool, Martin O'Neil has now joined Sam Allarydce in the search for a new job. Sunderland who only have 3 points from 10 games (beating Wigan), are rumoured to also be in the chase for current Blackpool boss Ian Holloway.

Liverpool 0 Anji 1
(EURO Cup, Group H)

View attachment 296879

"Experience means a whole lot more than I realise in this game, the team I out out should have won but instead played poorly throughout. I need to rethink my strategy, and this game could cost me my progression to the next stage of the Euro Cup."

No less than seven changes were made by Frederik Josef, in a game that Liverpool were expected to dominate.
Tactics had to change as quickly as the 2nd minute, after JonJo Shelvey was stretchered off the field to be replaced by Suso. The young Liverpool side showed their inexperience when Anji went ahead in the 29th minute thanks to a header by midfielder Kara. It would have been 0-2 if Samuel Eto'o had not been offside as he connected with a well struck volley.
Liverpool rarely threatened until substitute, Nuri Sahin, hit the bar in the 88th minute. The manager will have some explaining to do after such an abject display.
MOTM - Joe Allen

Liverpool 4 Swansea 1

View attachment 296886

"It was great to watch, both teams played very good football, I took a risk playing Borini and hoped playing his old team would kick-start something in his mind. It seemed to do the trick."

Joe Allen and Fabio Borini both started against their old club, and the latter who had not scored in over 10 hours of football finally ended his goal drought with an easy finish in the 9th minute. Injury however forced the Italian off the field before half-time. Joe Allen then scored to make it Old Boys 2 Current Boys 0, after a fantastic breaking run by captain Steven Gerrard.
Applause rang around the ground at half-time when Daniel Agger was seen warming up to come on for Danny Wilson, in his first game back since injury. Danny Graham took advantage of the defenders obvious rustiness to stroke the ball home after evading the defender soon after the break. Liverpool looked shocked and they lost their momentum until Wellington Nem (on for Borini) drilled the ball across for the onrushing Luis Saurez to restore the two goal cushion. Steven Gerrard scored a well deserved goal to make it 4-1 after a corner fell to Saurez outside the Swansea area, a faked shot fooled the defence and the pass to Gerrard allowed the England international to blast the ball into the back of the net.
MOTM - Steven Gerrard

Liverpool 1 Aston Villa 1

View attachment 296907

"We didn't play badly, but we didn't play well either. I had to sub Gerrard early and without him in the team we just don't seem to have that killer quality."

Liverpool named an unchanged line-up after the good performance against Swansea, but they found Aston Villa a difficult nut to crack. Fabio Borini scored the opening goal in the second half, after some good work by Luis Saurez but their lead lasted just 5 minutes before Ciaran Clark headed in the equaliser. David Albelda was given his marching orders with 20 minutes left in the game, but with Liverpool already using their substitutes they were unable to fully utilise their numerical advantage, Joe Allen did have a chance in injury time but the home side had to settle with a draw.
MOTD - Martin Skrtel

Liverpool 2 Napoli 0
(EURO Cup, Group H)

View attachment 296908

"I'm delighted to Qualify, I was worried and if we had not got a result here we would have been in real trouble.
I do wish more teams played with three across the back though, Wellington Nem and Luis Saurez had so much space out wide."

Martin Skrtel should have scored twice in the opening 10 minutes but managed to put both his headers wide from close range. Fabio Borini then continued to show his recent change in fortune by knocking home the first goal of the match on the half hour mark, as Napoli continued to struggle with Liverpool's play out wide. The Italian nearly made it two, but for a special save from Morgan De Sanctis.
Wellington Nem made it 2-0 after just 90 seconds of the second half, after some great work by left back Jose Enrque. Daniel Agger had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside after stabbing in the rebound from a Samed Yesil (on for Fabio Borini) drive, the Liverpool players were not happy, but with a two goal lead they had little reason to be upset.
MOTM - Wellington Nem

Liverpool 2 Tottenham

View attachment 296920

"I went from tears of dread and shock to tears of joy - What a comeback! Borini was fantastic, I've had him training in the role he I decided he's solely play and the team is reaping the rewards right now."

Liverpool were behind after just 10 seconds! Pepe Reina passed it out to Daniel Agger, who was beaten to the ball by Emmanuel Adebayor who proceeded to slot home past the surprised goalkeeper.
Fabio Borini equalised after 10 minutes, ghosting in at the near post to get onthe end of a fantastic cross by Jose Enrique; straight from the kick-off the Italian made it 2-1, Wellngton Nem robbed the ball and dribbled through the Spurs midfield before slipping it into the path of Borini to put Liverpool in front.
Pepe Reina made another mistake, gifting the ball to Dembele only for the midfielder to put horribly wide.
Nuri Sahin (on for Steven Gerrard) then confirmed the victory for Liverpool bundling home a cross by Luis Saurez in stoppage time. What a game.
MOTM - Fabio Borini

MONTHLY ROUND-UP

Fantastic, absolutely fantastic!! We are still having trouble when the star men are rested, but when they play I honestly feel we can beat anybody! The defense consistantly dealt with any danger, and now Fabio Borini has started scoring we have someone other than Luis Saurez for opposition to worry about. We even doubled the amount of goals we scored last month.

GAMES: 6 WON: 4
FOR: 14 AGAINST: 4

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
fb.jpg

FABIO BORINI
After finally scoring after so long he has become unstoppable, long may it continue.

In other news Fabio Borini was named runner-up, and Wellington Nem got third in this months Young Player of the Month award; Southampton fullback Nathaniel Clyne got the honours.
Liverpool manager Frederik Josef was named second to Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo in the Manager of the Month award.(That's very harsh).

Quick Question

The post for December will be uploaded late tonight, after I get home from work.

Is there anything you guys want screenshots of? I was planning on showing the current League Standings, the stats pages (both player & team), Transfers at the end of the January window. Anything else?

Sorry to say that my save is lost, so I'll have to stop this story.
Going to start another game soon, no idea who I'm going to be yet though.
Thanks for reading.