JosefJoseph

Reaction score
*Disclaimer - This is literally my first post so bare with me when it comes to layout etc. I've seen quite a few stories and aim to do my own taking from what I've read*
images

L.F.C. = Liverpool. Fan?! Club

Rumours circling today have hinted that a life-long Liverpool fan with no previous managing experience will be thrust into the position by the clubs board. Already Twitter and Facebook are alight with more questions than answers, with many saying that this is nothing but a publicity stunt while the Reds iron out the contract for current bookies favourite Rodgers.

images

FREDERIK JOSEF REVEALED

In what was seen as a comical twist in keeping with stereotypical views of Liverpudlians everywhere, a life-long Liverpool fan was indeed revealed to be the new 'gaffer' at Anfield.
However, unlike the unknown fanatic the public worried was to be unveiled it was a former England international who walked through the doors of the press conference this morning.

Frederik Josef, will be known to most people for his 33 caps and 8 goals for England, the most memorable being possibly a simple tap-in in a friendly against France against childhood friend Hugo Lloris in which both players hugged in almost joint celebration.

A playing career which saw Josef being one of the few English internationals to play regularly abroad including Auxerre, Shanghai Shenhua and most recently Swieqi, Malta. was cut short through injury after a crunching challenge from Mario Ballotelli in what was meant to be a friendly game.
Frederik Josef moved to China, and then on to Malta earning his coaching badges while helping out clubs on the pitch and on the training ground before as he put it "Dreams Came True".

A further press conference has been scheduled for a few days time to allow the new manager the time to evaluate his staff, players and new surroundings before the big questions are asked.
Any specific questions you think should be thrust at the new manager?

Squad Review

Order of Business
1. Squad
2. Tactics
3. Training & Staff
4. Scouting

1. Squad

After going through the Under 18s, Reserves and finally the First Team a few things certainly jump out. The famous Liverpool Academy in Kirkby is not doing a good enough job - there are young players coming through but they either aren't good enough (Jamie Stephens) or were bought from other clubs (Raheem Sterling). This is problem I will carefully have to bring up at the next board meeting.

Each successful team has two players for each position, which is what I'll be aiming for, as well as youngsters ready to breach the gap if injuries/suspensions go against me.

GK - Reina is easily the best 'keeper at the club, as for Doni and Jones well, they are both average at best and the formers wage (50k) is insane. Any kind of bid for Doni & Jones will have to be carefully considered

DR - Glen Johnson looks like he'll be first choice with Kelly as his back-up, Flanagan will hopefully be loaned out (with the ability to recall) so he can get some first team football

DL - Enrique will start, Aurelio will be his back up. Robinson is very raw and young, like Flanagan I'll be looking to give him some experience through a loan deal.

DC - Agger/Coates look to be left sided centre backs able to pass the ball - while Skrtel and Carragher are most traditional centrebacks - Kelly can fill both roles in an emergency, and Andre Wisdom will also be pushing for inclusion in Cup matches.

Defense Summary - I'm actually quite happy with the players and the promise I have in defense, Danny Wilson is also out on loan and I can see him pushing for inclusion at left back and on the left side of central defense which is looking more and more like where I'll be setting the goalkeeper to play the ball to.

DM - Lucas was brilliant last season before injury ruled him out, I'll be looking forward to him coming back even stronger. Depth here is awful, Spearing is not good enough to play football at this level but might be utilised as a back-up and in cup games, Coady isn't as good as Spearing. Gerrard has proved in the EUROs that he can play deeper and curb any instincts to bomb forward but he is currently injured (6 weeks - 3 months with a Groin Strain).

AMC - Gerrard obviously! Charlie Adam will also have to prove himself a creative force to stay in the team, JonJo Shelvey looks to have a good future at the club as does Jordan Henderson. Maxi Rodriguez is experienced but I can't see him playing regulary.
Suso will be sent out on loan as he is too far down the pecking order.

AMR/L - It's between Bellamy and Downing to start on the left - Kuyt and Henderson on the right. Maxi can be backup for both and Raheem Sterling will learn in the Reserves this season after being promoted to the reserves (along with Joao Carlos). It's definately not the most exciting of attacking wide forces which could cause problems.

Midfield Summary
- Adam proved at Blackpool that he can't play in a 2 man central midfield, and with the players I have (plenty of central midfielders, and a lack of quality out wide) it looks like a five man midfield it will be. I'm not pleased with the overall quality in midfield, this will have to improve either on the training ground or in the transfer market. Aquilani and Joe Cole are both out on loan, I can't wait a season without getting in more depth in the wide positions (unless Sterling impresses in pre-season).

SC - Let me list them out - Luis Saurez, Andy Carroll, Dirk Kuyt and Craig Bellamy.

Striker Summary - If the last two will be used as primarily as wingers, it leaves just two strikers at the club which is anything but ideal, if a winger is signed before the strat of the season either Kuyt or Bellamy will be the third choice striker.
Dani 'the greatest player in the world' Pacheco is out on loan and will aim for a position next season, do I wait?

Tactics Review

After looking through the squad these conclusions were made:

1. With quality attacking fullbacks and promising youngsters coming through too a back three is impossible so it'll either be a flat back four, or a back five with wing-backs. However, with the lack of depth that starting three centrebacks would create a back four is really the only option.

2. As with the midfield a central three is a necessary. What roles the three will take up I don't yet know.

3. One Striker and 2 wingers will be used, with Saurez up front i'll be looking for the wide men to play as second strikers to open up space for the tricky Uruguayan but with Carroll playing (unless he can create space in the same way as Saurez) I'll be looking at them playing as traditional wingers with the central midfield pushing on as second strikers.

Below is what will be my primary tactic - the back four has a Ball Playing Centreback on the left to allow Agger/Coates more creative freedom and to allow me to bring Liverpool back to it's 'pass and move' routes (mius the Barnes rap). The two full backs will be allowed to go forward, but will also be required to depend.
In the centre of midfiled I have put a Ball Winning Midfielder and an Advanced Playmaker, the latter to provide more service to my lone frontman, and the former to make up for the APs lack of defensive nous. The third central midfielder is what I call a 'safety', although I will be changing his role depending on the opposition he will be the first to be sacrificed if there is a red card and losing him should not create too much of a difference; I like to have this kind of position as I can blood youngsters and get away with playing lesser players without much of a hindrance to my initial tactic.

View attachment 255050

3 & 4 - Staff, Training & Scouting

I really should have put these together as there is not much to write about.

Training - I have my own initial training already created. Separated through positions for everyone in the First Team and Reserves, after a couple of seasons I tend to give players individual training regimes as I'll have seen which way my team will be headed by then and I'll know what I'll need. Right now though the training regimes are specifically to these positions:

Goalkeeper, Fullback/Defensive Mid, Ball Playing Centreback, Centreback, Central Midfielder, Playmaker/Winger and Striker

Staff and Scouting will be covered as I build my staff - most likely as a story from the Liverpool Echo and other media

News

images

JOSEF WASTES NO TIME

Frederik Josef has got straight to work since he was made the new Liverpool manager. First on his list seemed to be a meeting with senior players; Dirk Kuyt was first called into the office of his new gaffer and then was quickly seen leaving the training ground. Although when questioned as he left Dirk Kuyt was full of smiles and revealed he has in fact been given 2 weeks extra leave to recover from an ankle injury after recommendation from the clubs physios.

No smile was seen on the faces that followed however, Tyrell Belford, Josh Sumner and Matthew McGiveron will not be making their names at Anfield after their contracts were terminated today in an attempt to streamline the Kirkby Academy which has become crowded with poor players recently.
images

It wasn't just the playing staff that saw out goings however - fitness coach Jordan Milsom, first team coach Kevin Keen and scouts Alan Harper and Mike McGlynn were all given their marching orders after Josef was said to be shocked and appalled at the apparent 'love-in' that the coaching staff are coasting through at the club. This has surprised many and new more disciplined staff are said to be being approached. Assistant Manager Steve Clarke will be kept on to is has also been reported.

images

Liverpool may also be losing senior players soon if Harry Redkanpp has anything to do with it. 'Arry has been quoted as saying he would love to be reunited with Glen Johnson and to bring the right back to White Hart Lane would be a t'rific piece of business. Tottenham are believed to be looking at tabling a 10m bid.

Press Conference

images

After today's press conference Liverpool fans are on a whole pleased with their new manager. Frederik Josef indicated that the League would be his priority but that qualifying for Europe is the aim that he will be giving to his team in the coming season.

"The League is obviously what the fans want" Josef said "but we first need to secure European football for next season, as a fan I know what the fans feel when they see other teams in the Europa League and the Champions League while Liverpool's involvement is restricted to watching it on TV. I don't want to have this feeling again and I'll be doing everything I can to make sure no-one else gets to feel this way again either"

images

After being asked about his thoughts on transfers by LFC:TVs Claire Rourke (hence the picture) Josef was truthful about what could be done at the club.

"I won't be buying the best players in the World, or in Europe or even in England. It's hard but the truth that we just don't have that kind of muscle in the transfer market. I will be looking to big in younger players who will be looking to add depth to the squad and push the players we already have onto another level. Yes that does mean that I would have to sell players if I was to splurge on players, but I won't be doing that and if 'Arry is listening Glen is not for sale either"

It is believed that Liverpool have given Josef a transfer budget of just 7m, and that a 8m bid for Glen Johnson has been rejected.

News Flash

images
images

NEW SIGNING AT ANFIELD

We've just had reports that French U-18 striker Yaya Sanogo is currently undergoing a medical at Liverpool's training ground on the hopes of confirming a loan deal for the season. Fans are eager to know what is happening with the club if they have to loan in 18 year olds to help their squad.
Sources close to the manager however, reveal that the pair have known each other since their time together at Auxerre and Frederik Josef believes that the loan deal with allow him to evaluate the player in the premiership before a permanent deal can reached in the region of 3m.

images

It is also believed that new scout Marcel Desailly is just as eager as Josef to bring the French striker to the club after giving rave reports to his new boss. Desailly is himself a new signing at Anfield along with Tord Grip and Eduardo Marcia, who was at Liverpool with Rafa Benitez, as Josef commits to scouring the globe for young talent.
With Carston Jancker (Attacking Coach), Mark Chamberlain (Tactics), Billy Stewart (Shot-Stopping), Paul Winsper (Aerobic) and previous Liverpool fitness coach Francisco Ayestaran; this could be a completely different kind of Liverpool team we see this year.

Halfway Through Pre-Season

images

Pre-Season Starts Well

View attachment 255497

Games Played = 4
Won = 3 Drawn = 1 Lost = 0Scored = 8 Conceded = 0

Overall I'm quite pleased with pre-season so far, glad not to have lost any games as morale will be important with opening the season at Goodison in what is a crazy fixture list.
Saying that though, I'm a little concerned about the composure we're showing in front of goal (or lack of I should say), Carroll especially seems to be snatching at glorious opportunities so I'll be looking to edit the tactics specifically to help him when he starts up front.
The style is coming along, keeping hold of the ball is becoming second nature and I can only see it improving as fitness and tactical awareness improves.

NEW SIGNINGS MAKE DEBUT

New loanee signing Yaya Sanogo made a promising debut in Bologna, coming on in the second half for the tiring Andy Carroll. Sanogo created a few half chances for himself which is a good indication of the youngsters awareness around the box.
Sanogo wasn't the only debutant in Bologna, one caped Belgium international Yassine El Ghanassy started the game on the left hand side of midfield and loved lively throughout the first half. El Ghanassy who was signed for 2.5m from AA Gent just a few days earlier was thrown in at the deep-end and rewarded his managers faith with the winning goal on the hour mark to give the Reds a 1-0 victory.

All is quiet seemingly for Liverpool as they evaluate their squad before the season kicks-off, with no other new signings looking likely before the curtain raiser at Goodison. Conor Wareing is one of the growing number of players who have been deemed surplus to requirements at the club with his contract being terminated with immediate effect. John Flanagan (Leeds), Conor Coady (Bradford), Joao Carlos (Rotherham), Nathan Eccleston (Scunthorpe) have all left to gain experience at other clubs with Jack Robinson rumoured to be interesting Burnley, Leeds and Southampton in another loan deal.

Pre-Season DONE

View attachment 255602

Pre-season ended, and we remained unbeaten without conceding a goal.
Carroll started to play better and El Ghanassy scored a couple of goals which I'm hoping he'll contribute when the season starts as well.

First Up Everton

I'm not particularly pleased playing Everton away for the first fixture, I wouldn't by choice give players a debut in the Merseyside derby; this time I don't have the luxury.
I'm still unsure who the XI at kick-off (I'll be continuing the game after work tonight) will be, although I have two ideas:

images

Team A

Reina
G. Johnson M. Skrtel D. Agger L.Enrique
Lucas
C. Adam M. Rodriguez
J. Henderson S. Downing
L. Suarez

or
Team B

Reina
G. Johnson J. Carragher D. Agger L. Enrique
Lucas
J. Henderson M. Rodriguez
L. Suarez S. S. Downing
A. Carroll

Dirk Kuyt, Yaya Sanogo, Craig Bellamy are all injured. JonJo Shelvey is away with the England U-21s and Yassine El Ghanassy is still lacking a bit of match fitness.
Right now, TEAM B seems the most likely with J. Carragher captaining the side.

AUGUST

Everton 1 Liverpool 2

View attachment 255840

As I thought opening the season at Goodison wasn't going to be as easy I'd hoped. Injuries piled up just before kick-off when Craig Bellamy was ruled out along with the players in the previous post.
It started off beautifully when Maxi Rodriquez slotted home from close range after 80 seconds after great work from Carroll; after that the nerves set in. Everton took over the possession in dangerous positions after bad control. Even after Leon Osman was sent off in the 33rd minute we still looked nervous, but we looked set to keep the lead till the break.
That was until Luis Enrique gave away a penalty in first half stoppage time to gift Phil Jagielka a goal.
The second half started better and with an early goal of the season contender from Jordan Henderson (A half volley from 30 yards after a knocked down header by Carroll) we took the points.
MOTD - Jordan Henderson

Liverpool 4 Sunderland 1

View attachment 255872
First game of the season at Anfield and I'd named an unchanged line-up in hope of a better and more relaxed performance after the derby.
We started quickly again, nearly scoring from a corner before Saurez put us ahead in the 9th minute. The brilliant defense that was shown in the pre-season seems to have been hiding the truth after Sunderlands new striker, Vitali Radzionau equalised after less than half a hour.
Jordan Henderson (Again!) scored smartly from the edge of the box to give us the lead at half-time.
After the half Martin Skrtel made up for an earlier mistake by making it 3-1 from a corner.
From then it was all Liverpool, the passing was exactly what I am after quick, tight but at the same time effective; which exactly what Henderson was when he found Maxi Rodriguez completely unmarked in the box in the 78th minute. 4-1.
MOTD - Jordan Henderson

Aldershot 0 Liverpool 2 (League Cup - 2nd Rnd)

View attachment 255873

With fixture congestion a worry it was a completely different XI that started in the League Cup to that of the last game, giving a few debuts to players most notably Suso who straight away got into the mix with a superb pass to Dirk Kuyt to easily stroke under the goalkeeper... this was followed quickly by Suso being injured (of course) and all in the opening 12 minutes!
The scoreline doesn't tell the whole story, after Suso was taken off injured a further THREE payers had the same fate (Marc Pelosi, Fabio Aurelio, Charlie Adam) which meant that Liverpool played the last 30 minutes with 10 men. By then we already had the 0-2 lead thanks to a smashing finish past a stranded 'keeper by debutant Yassine El Ghanassy. I'm actually quite happy to have got out of Aldershot without anymore bloodshed, if I draw Millwall in the next round we mightn't even turn up!
MOTD - Yassine El Ghanassy
(The next round draw was made - Wolves v Liverpool, now that looks familiar....)

Wolves 1 Liverpool 1 (Premiership - Not the League Cup)

View attachment 255874

The first half was dreadful to watch as a Liverpool fan. Wolves dominated and we had no answer, blame lays with the manager on this one.
At half-time Carroll made way for El Ghanassy which meant moving Saurez up front from the right wing; it seemed to make the difference with Saurez scoring straight after the restart, but the lead didn't last. Jamie O'Hara was first to a pulled back cross from the right and he slotted home past Pepe Reina.
That was how it stayed.
MOTD = Luis Saurez

Monthly Round-Up

I should really be pleased after starting the season unbeaten, but I can't get the performance against Wolves out of my head, it was dreadful. Winning the derby was pleasing but if we don't push on like we did against Sunderland this could be a very short career when Chelsea/Man Utd/Man City/Arsenal come to call.
Games = 4 Won = 3 Drawn = 1
For = 9 Against = 2

Player Of The Month

images

Jordan Henderson

*Any improvements/tips - and screenshots that would help add some depth to the story please let me know, as I said at the top, this is a first attempt at all this so I'm bound to make mistakes*

images

Jordan Henderson wasn't just Liverpool's Player of the Month but the Premierships as well, beating Peter Odemwingie and Bacary Sagna into second and third respectively.

View attachment 255882

It wasn't the only award he was presented with this month. Hendersons debut goal in the Merseyside derby was voted 'Goal of the Month' with Maxi Rodriguez's effort against Sunderland making it into second place.

Unfortunately I only came third in the 'Manager of the Month' award, which I completely blame on Wolves!

I'm reading. Take a look at views over replies as to how popular your story is :)

INJURY UPDATE

images

Gerrard Back In Contention

It's been a long 5 months for Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, with a groin injury kept him out for the entire pre-season. That is now behind him as he was seen today back in full training at Liverpool's training ground.
Fans hoping to see Gerrard back in the squad for the up-coming game against Wigan will be let down, with Frederik Joseph admitting that although it is great to have Gerrard back in training, there needs to be patience as he builds up his match-fitness,

In other news, Liverpool have brought in Spanish youth internationals Angel Ovejero (GK) and Carlos Perales (AML), both players had found themselves without a club and where therefore able to sign with the Reds after the transfer window had closed.

SEPTEMBER

Liverpool 2 Wigan 0

View attachment 255996

El Ghanassy was given his full debut with Stewart Downing dropping to the bench after some average displays, the decision seemed to be a good one when El Ganassay volleyed home in the 8th minute from a Glen Johnson cross. Chances came and went before Dirk Kuyt made it 2-0 before the half.
We should have scored a few more, Saurez was disappointing throughout (rating of 6.00) and didn't really add anything to the team.
MOTD - Glen Johnson

Norwich 1 Liverpool 3

View attachment 256014

Without truly dominating the game against the Premiership new boys Liverpool easily took all three points.
First club goals for Charlie Adam (after neat work from El Ghanassy) and Andy Carroll (from a Charlie Adam corner) had Liverpool in control, Dirk Kuyt made it 3-0 from the penalty spot.
Unfortunately it seems Norwich had watched last months League Cup game against Aldershot and managed to get Liverpool down to 9.5 men with Kelly being forced off not long after being brought on for a tiring Johnson, and JonJo Shelvey taking a knock but able to continue; with the advantage in numbers Grant Holt was able to get a consolation goal in the 92nd minute.
MOTD - Charlie Adam

INJURY NEWS - MARTIN KELLY OUT FOR 6 WEEKS

Martin Kelly has been ruled out for 6 weeks with strained knee ligaments after the Norwich game.
'I've decided against recalling Flanagan, at least not yet at least, Carragher can fill a role if necessary'.

Wolves 2 Liverpool 3 aet (League Cup - 3rd Rnd)

View attachment 256024

The League Cup is lowest on my list of priorities and again it showed in the starting line-up, even against premiership opposition players like Andre Wisdom, Jay Spearing and Doni were given starts. Steven Gerrard took a place on the bench while he recovers his match fitness.
At first it looked like Adam Hammill was after retribution for being released by Liverpool earlier in his career, but it was quickly half-time with the score 0-0.
Andre Wisdom's selection looked like a big mistake after he gave away a penalty which Steven Fletcher blasted home; but as I was looking at making a change, Wisdom went up the other end and made up for his earlier mistake with the equaliser from a corner.
Gerrard got some game-time and linked up well with Saurez making it 2-1, Roger Johnson capitalized on confusion at the back to bring it back to 2-2. With penalties looking more and more certain Fabio Aurelio scored from a deflection to keep us in the competition.

INJURY NEWS - JONJO SHELVEY JOINS MARTIN KELLY

Jonjo Shlevey will be out for three weeks with a twisted ankle after being injured against Wolves
'I have a lot of depth in central midfield so I don't think we'll notice his loss'.

Liverpool 4 West Brom 0

View attachment 256030

A truly great game. Billy Jones scored an own goal under pressure from Andy Carroll, before Jordan Henderson turned on the style he showed last month and scored a further 2 goals before half-time. being 3-0 up made it the easiest half-time team talk I'd ever need to give. I was able to give Gerrard another run out and see Yaya Sanogo in a competitive game.
Overall no complaints, the strikers not scoring is still a concern. Having a scoring midfield is great, but if the strikers can add more than the few the have contributed so far, that would be better.

MONTHLY ROUND-UP

I'm happier than I was last month, the first team are playing well and the reserves got through in the League Cup (albeit only just). We're still unbeaten, but without playing any of the big boys it's a hollow statement.
Injuries are clearing up Gerrard, Bellamy, Sanogo are all getting match fitness. Bring on October.

Games = 4 Won = 4
For = 12 Against = 3

Player of the Month
images

Yassine El Ghanassy

Monthly Awards

images

Once again we have a reward at the end of the month, unfortunately it's just the 'Young Player of the Month' award but Yassine El Ghanassy who wasn't held too highly by fans on his arrival will be pleased for the recognition.
Jordan Henderson came second with Jack Rodwell third. Nice Merseyside collection.

View attachment 256045

I'm up from third to second in the 'Manager of the Month' award, with 'Arry Redknapp between me and the trophy.

Also, Jack Robinson has been named the 'Championship Young Player of the Month' while on loan at Leeds.

Last edited: