Liverpool close in on Keane deal

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool are expected to complete the £18m signing of striker Robbie Keane from Tottenham within 24 hours.

More...

Done deal, £20.3m :O.

He's a good player, always seems to score v Boro. £20.3m is a LOT, but he gets and creates goals. Always liked him really.

And it is someone who probably has the ability to play next to Torres in a 4-4-2 of some kind.

Would seem Barry is staying put unless someone leaves?

Last edited:
Done deal, £20.3m :O.

He's a good player, always seems to score v Boro. £20.3m is a LOT, but he gets and creates goals. Always liked him really.

And it is someone who probably has the ability to play next to Torres in a 4-4-2 of some kind.

Would seem Barry is staying put unless someone leaves?

Yep it is a lot, only £3m less than Torres, so Rafa must really rate him.

Keane will just be playing in the position Gerrard played in the later part of the season. Voronin just didn't manage to do enough so it looks like he's going to be shipped out now that Keanes here for that role. Gerrard will probably spend next season playing out on the right side or playing from deeper allowing him to make the deep runs like he used to.

Yeah we don't really have any transfer funds this Summer. Everything is coming from players we sell so unless Alonso goes, or Villa realise Barry isn't worth £19m, he won't be coming to Liverpool.

yeah good player i like him but that is a lot of money considering hes not even english!! :p

but i think **** do well at pool

Good signing I reckon, if he works well with Torres they will be lethal

hopefully he wont do a bellamy as i really like him