Liverpool debt

ronmaiden

Reaction score
Hey is anyone else suffering with Liverpools debt at the mo?

I'm in my third season and because of loan repayments I'm currently losing roughly £3mill a month!! I'm flying high in the league and CL but keep getting warnings that players like Gerrard, Balotelli and Torres may have to be sold as my financial situation gets worse.

I'm worried about either getting the sack or I might actually go into administration, has anyone else had problems with this and is there any solution - the trouble is the loan is £200mill+ so even selling most of my squad probably wouldn't raise the funds needed.

Cheers

You will be forced to sell your stars, I would recommend putting high transfer values on all your top players and hope nobody comes in to buy them on the cheap. Or maybe some Sheikh will buy the club and give you loadsamoney!!

Willster

Hmmm ****, thought that might be the case, Im in Feb at mo so hopefully can win either the league or Champions league which might help me out money wise, if not I have about 6 players I can get shot of, as long as I can keep Torres, Aguero and Balotelli I'll be happy.

I was playing the game as Spurs boss and was 6 points behind liverpool who were winning the league, then they had 9 points deducted for going into administration, I won the league because of that

im in 2nd season with liverpool, won the league first season and ive bought tons of youngsters into my reserves who are all out on loan in belgium to gain dual nationality. I won the league first season with liverpool, but for some strange reason (im not really complaining) i keep winning 1-0, im doing pretty well in the 2nd season too, but torres and Kerrieson dont seem to score many goals at all, and at half time all my players have ratings of say 7.2 and above in games, whereas my strikers normally have 5.5 or so......

Is there something im perhaps doing wrong? I even recruited 2 new coaches with attacking of 20 to see if that would help but it doesnt seem to have at all...any advice?

I think it just seems to be something in this FM to do with strikers, Im in my third season using Wilsters Attacking tactic and am 2nd (wot formation were u suing to win the league in your 1st season???) and Torres has 23 in 33, Aguero has 16 in the same and Balotelli has 15 goals, so a tonne of goals but Torres and Aguero are the only 2 players in my team to have average ratings below 7!

I would suggest getting ure wingers to get to the byline perhaps or for your mids to play more though balls, asking them in player interation to try and play more 'killer passes' may help too. Also depending on ure tactic make sure u have Torres and Kierisson on the right sides, my tactic has 1 forward more attacking with making forward runs (Torres) and the other (Aguero) drops off and holds the ball up or plays passes through to Torres.

Panicking about end of season now as Im 20mill in debt!

in 1st season i used a 4,2,2,2 formation with Kuyt and babel on the wings and mascherano / alonso and gerrard in the middle....i did well to be honest cos torres was injured for the majority of the season (another thing that has been added in this years installment, is that players dont get injured for 1 or 2 weeks anymore, its like 3-4 months a time!!!). I had Keirisson join me in Jan of the first season and occasionally played one up front away from home with another attacking midfielder. Rovbbie keane scored a few, but he annoyed me when he didnt score in about 10 games so i sold him at the end of the season for 15mil to man city. Aguero is a major target but ive got loads of young strikers who are pushing for a 1st team oppertunity so im a little bit reluctant to go out and splash big money on someone, particulary if im gonna hit the debt!!!!

I Play has burnley there awsome on the game
but my strikers dont seems to be playing well i got to the prem im 2m in debt

Well it happened, sitting 2nd and 10 points off Utd with 2 games to go . . . deducted 9 points after the receivers came in!!! pushed me down to 6th and out of the money spinning Champions League spot!! gutted

Saving grace was getting a bit of money for a 5th finish in the end and lots from getting to the semi-final of the CL which meant I didn't have to sell any players (though stupidly I couldn;t get Mascherano to agree a new deal cos i didnt have the wage budget so he went on a free!!!) so starting the season with a slightly trimmed squad and £20mill in the bank but expect that to be gone by xmas.

I've been following this thread and I can't quite understand how you've managed to get so far into debt. Can you post your transfer history for me please out of interest.

how did u sighn aguero????
ime manegar of arsenal and ave been trying for ages =(

I've been following this thread and I can't quite understand how you've managed to get so far into debt. Can you post your transfer history for me please out of interest.

LOL I don't understand it either! for every aguero I have signed (40mill in total but most of that was spread over 24 months) I have sold Babel, Lucas, Pennant all for 15-20mill each.

I think the main problem is that in the second season I had to start paying back the 240millon bank loan which worked out at £3mill a month!! that's whats been doing me, also in my first season i only finihsed 6th so didnt qualify for Champions League which cripples ya, (just finished 5th because of points deduction so won't compete in it this season either rrrr)

I will post some screenshots of my transfers when I get home

Ok season 2008/09 I spent £51mill and received £66mill, in 09/10 I spent £55mill and received £62mill and in 10/11 I spent £21mill and received £27mill!! so actually (and to my suprise I have actually made more money in transfers over 3 seasons £28mill in fact!!

I do think its a case of not making the Champions LEague and the horrible £200million loan that Liverpool start with

I've just finished my second season and here are my finances...

picture.php

Looks like the Champions League money was the big difference then really because my Net Transfer send was only a bit different to yours.

on my friends that i speak 2 on the xbox they support liverpool and they always liverpool on the game and they said they got bought in the 4th season