Liverpool - End of 2nd Season - What Now?

Reaction score
I am on the verge of finishing my second season with Pool, very successful one indeed. Won everything and I'm almost on the CL final so this can be truly perfect, but I digress.

GK: Reina and John Ruddy, bought Ruddy to be a trusyy backup and I'm thinking about selling Reina and bringing Fraser Forster, Reina is better but Fraser has wages and age on his side, thoughts?

DR: Glen Johnson plays most of the matches, Kelly is becoming great, Flanagan plays plenty of games too and I have McLaughlin improving a lot. Sell Johnson?

DC: Agger and Skrtel still great but nearing 30, Coates is good, Wilson is decent and I have Bruno Martins Indi with lots of potencial and Andre Wisdom loaned out and good possible backup too. What a mess.

DL:José Enrique and Jack Robinson dominate the spot, Wilson and Martins Indi also play decently here. No need to buy.

DM/CM: Cirigliano loaned out, Spearing as backup, Lucas, Allen, Shelvey and Henderson all get games regularly, there's also Lussey coming out as a prospected as he is loaned out, I should add some quality to this position though.

AMR: Raheem Sterling and Nathan Redmond are owners of the right side, although I often play Suarez or even Sturridge there when I play in 4231. Suppose it's settled here.

AML: Coutinho and Tom Ince on the left side, although Coutinho plays regularly in the middle too, Redmond and Sterling can play here but they hardly produce.

AMC: Coutinho and Gerrard are the usual costumers, with Suso improving at his loan. Gerrard will stay until he retires, and I MIGHT sell Coutinho to get Wilshere, or just get Wilshere without selling Coutinho.

STR: Surprisingly, Carrol is my top scorer, Borini comes second, Suarez third and then Sturridge. Yesil and Adam Morgan are developping into good players as they are both learned, Yesil even has 4 stars of potential while Morgan has three. Thought about selling Suarez since he does not produce enough for his wages. I've a lot to consider here....

Thoughts? Criticism is obviously welcome.

As i'm on my Liverpool 19/20 season what are you looking to do? my suarez was epic until I bought falcao (he was transfer listed) I play 4-2-4. I find suarez with falcao/neymar devastating.....with carroll he didn't do as well.
View attachment 348643

Well I'm not quite sure, he's not old but takes a lot of wages and is fairly irregular, and he receives too many yellow cards, 10-15 or so...

I'd replace with high earners of Agger Suarez Reina with cheaper alternatives, I brought in Alderweireld Griezmann and Forster, made a profit on the players and the wages are reduced, plus I think they're actually just as good and younger.

Exactly my thoughts, we have also Johnson and Skrtel nearing 30 and all of the stated here are high earners, heck in my case I think i'd need to buy 2/3 players tops, a goalie, a defender and maybe another defender or a midfielder. Reina is on the front row to be sold though, as for the others I am still thinking. ^^

I'd replace with high earners of Agger Suarez Reina with cheaper alternatives, I brought in Alderweireld Griezmann and Forster, made a profit on the players and the wages are reduced, plus I think they're actually just as good and younger.

I agree with reina I sold him to buy ter stegen and replaced agger'/skrtel with shawcross/astori/cahill. Like yourself I also bought griezmann for AML. Forster is a good GK too...As you can see from my screenie he is good till 2017 but there are better if they come on the transfer list.
here's what I did on that season
View attachment 348651View attachment 348652

Last edited:
Shawcross is also on my list but Stoke is asking for 30-40 and that is an exaggeration, 20 would be more suitable though, I'll keep an eye out for him ;)

I agree with reina I sold him to buy ter stegen and replaced agger'/skrtel with shawcross/astori/cahill. Like yourself I also bought griezmann for AML. Forster is a good GK too...As you can see from my screenie he is good till 2017 but there are better if they come on the transfer list.

I paid 12.5m but all the transfers I got were all listed players. I personally hate AMC's as they don't do justice for ST players like suarez...

Too many changes in one go could unbalance your team to the point where results will suffer.

I'd keep Reina as he is top quality and at 29/30 is just reaching his prime.

Sell Johnson as you have plenty of excellent alternatives developing. McLaughlin has a PA of -9 and should be the main man here.

Sell Agger, but keep Skrtel for an extra season. Replacing both main central defenders at once could be risky. Shawcross is too expensive - plenty of cheaper (and just as good/better) options. Martin Kelly as DC would be great.

DM/CM, personally I don't really like Henderson or Shelvey so I'd sell them. Moutinho would be excellent here if you can get him as would Marchisio (he can speak English) if you can pry him away from Juventus.

I wouldn't change much up front - Coutinho through the middle with Suarez out wide is great, and let Wilshere stay at Arsenal ;).

Reina is 32 now friend ^^ So Im inclined on selling him.

As for Johnson I agree, I often use him as AMR sometimes, retrained him, and he is quite effective indeed, maybe I should loan out Redmond and keep Johnson for one more season as AMR and put McLaughlin and Flanagan ^^

As for Agger and Skrtel I agree, I'll probably sell Agger. Coates, Wilson and Martins Indi all have been great and Kelly too, might sell Wilson though, his potential is nothing special.

Henderson has been great for me, and Shelvey was on the selling list but since January he scored 7/8 important goals plus plenty of assists, I might sell Spearing and Cirigiliano, Leiva and Allen are great, this leaves me with 4 + prospects like Lussey, not sure if I should incorporate him next season.

Up front.. yeah the partnership is working, we'll see :D much to consider ! Thank you for the insight!

Too many changes in one go could unbalance your team to the point where results will suffer.

I'd keep Reina as he is top quality and at 29/30 is just reaching his prime.

Sell Johnson as you have plenty of excellent alternatives developing. McLaughlin has a PA of -9 and should be the main man here.

Sell Agger, but keep Skrtel for an extra season. Replacing both main central defenders at once could be risky. Shawcross is too expensive - plenty of cheaper (and just as good/better) options. Martin Kelly as DC would be great.

DM/CM, personally I don't really like Henderson or Shelvey so I'd sell them. Moutinho would be excellent here if you can get him as would Marchisio (he can speak English) if you can pry him away from Juventus.

I wouldn't change much up front - Coutinho through the middle with Suarez out wide is great, and let Wilshere stay at Arsenal ;).

I have much to ponder about that specific sector ahaahah, on the left I guess it's Enrique and Robinson all the way !

Oooh yeah Luke Shaw is on my list too but he is still a youngling ahaha, for now I guess I will stick with these two! Rojo turns out much better in FM than in reality ahahaah xD

Also check David Alaba's status, I bought him for £16.5m and sold him 5 years later for £45m. His defending could need improving, but going forward he's exceptional.

Ah yeah but Man United have him already, alongside with Bale and Coentrão, what a dangerous left wing.

Got offers of 30M for Reina, 10M for Wilson and 8,5M for Spearing, let the selling BEGIN :D

Also check David Alaba's status, I bought him for £16.5m and sold him 5 years later for £45m. His defending could need improving, but going forward he's exceptional.