Breaking News

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers resigned with immediate effect after falling out with the Liverpool owners.
On exit, Rodgers claimed he was very disappointed with the actions of the club towards him and wishes not to return. Liverpool have now begun the search for a new manager...

Cummings hired

David Cummings has been hired by Liverpool and is looking to get straight into the action with his new side...

Ola Toivonen signs for Liverpool for 12.5m but subject to conditions the fee could rise to 14.75m

Iago Aspas becomes the second player on board the Liverpool train this season, joining in a 8.75m deal from Celta da Vigo.

Por Akureyri 0-5 Liverpool
(Euro Cup 3rd Qualifying round leg 1)
Suarez, 50
Skrtel, 55
Gerrard, 63
Toivonen, 66, 70

A fantastic second half performance gave us a huge advantage going into the second leg. We'll now have an opportunity to start some young players at Anfield.
Man of the Match
Ola Toivonen- The new boy impressed on his debut with two goals.

Liverpool 3-1 Por Akureyri (8-1 Aggregate)
(Euro Cup 3rd Qualifying round leg 2)
Allen, 3, 47 Magnusson, 76
Gerrard, 25

A side based around youth players confirmed entry to the Euro Cup Play-Off with a convincing 3-1 victory over Por. A great performance capped by good appearances from players such as Martin Kelly, Jonjo Shelvey, Joe Allen and Oussama Assaidi.
Man of the Match
Joe Allen- The young midfielder played superbly in central midfield picking up a goal in either half to show his importance to Liverpool's side.

Liverpool have completed a 600k move for Helsingborg keeper Par Hansson. At 26 years of age, Hansson might become a more essential player at Liverpool over time. For now though, another decent signing.

Yet another signing for Liverpool as 20 year old winger Wellington Nem comes in for 9m, but the fee could rise to 17m with long-term payments possible. The Brazilian right-winger is said to be ecstatic about his move to Merseyside and can't wait to make his debut.

Liverpool 2-0 Swansea
(Premier League matchday 1)
Nem, 46
Toivonen, 50

Liverpool's biggest signing this summer got on the scoresheet in a solid win over Swansea today. Nem opened the scoring on 46 minutes with a well struck free-kick and 4 minutes later it was 2 with Toivonen heading in a Suarez cross to seal the win.
Man of the match
Wellington Nem- Liverpool's new winger continued the tradition this season of great debuts for Liverpool with an all-round great performance capped by a magical goal.

CSKA Sofia 0-0 Liverpool
(Euro Cup Playoff leg 1)

Bore draw.
Man of the Match
Martin Kelly-Shone in a dull match.

Fulham 1-1 Liverpool
(Premier League matchday 2)

Good, fair game. Diarra gave Fulham the lead half-way through the second half when he found himself through on goal and smashed past Reina. Ola Toivonen saved Liverpool with 15 minutes to go though when Lucas gave him a tap-in.
Man of the Match
Ola Toivonen-Another fantastic game from the Swede with a goal to save his side.

17 million for Wellington Nem?!?!? Has he not got a 3.5 million release clause?

I asked the board for extra money and they gave me a bit. Overall it is only 43.5m though.

I don't buy this, at all. Unless of course you can provide screenshots of the message where they confirm giving you extra money? I actually spent an hour or so one night starting a new save as Liverpool, asking for more money over-and-over again, they didn't give me any, in about 50'ish attempts.

17 million for Wellington Nem?!?!? Has he not got a 3.5 million release clause?

Not since the January Transfer patch.

-----

Also, I suggest you add more stuff to each post. The scoreline and a few lines of text is pretty boring, give it a few weeks and people will lose Interest.

I have just started a Liverpool save, board refused me more transfer funds but did give me more wages. I told them I can challenge for title and after adjusting the budgets I had £12mill!

Im going to say he cheated to get the money as he hasnt updated for 4 days since being accused! Shame would have liked to have seen a Liverpool story didnt really need the strikers he signed with Coutinho and Sturridge coming in on the update