b0sw0rth1

Reaction score
A poor season for Liverpool last year, but things have been looking up since New England Sports Ventures so kindly invested in, arguably, English football's greatest achievers. With one set of American's out, thank god! John W. Henry has expressed his desire to return Liverpool Football Club to it's illustrious past that has seen them win 18 league titles and 5 European titles, similarly what he has done with Major League Baseball side Boston Red Sox . After Rafael Benitez's exit to Inter Milan, it was down to two applicants; ex-Fulham boss Roy Hodgson and relative unknown Harvey Bosworth, who has been a Reds fan since he could crawl.

Three days later..

I received a phone call from Mr. Henry late last night, he asked me to head over to his office in the morning. I presumed Roy had also been called, so wasn't getting to upbeat about my chances, I went to bed. 7.30am the next morning departed from my apartment a stones throw away from the ground, shame it was Goodison Park. I arrived early and sat outside the office for a few minutes contemplating what I was to do next if I didn't get the job. I'd recently heard that the Norwich job was available so could try that if this didn't work out.

I was greeted by the owner with a firm handshake as I entered his office. He told me about the tough decision he had to make, not just for the manager role, but he wanted someone who he believed could take the club back to its past heights and after a long and productive meeting, he provided the words that I had only dreamt of, “Welcome to the Club.” He then guided me on a tour of the Anfield, as we spoke about both our admirations for the club both present and future.

3976985048_852654715b_z.jpg

Transfers

In
Andrea Poli (from Sampdoria) – £10.25 million
Oscar Cardozo (from Benfica) – £10 million
Fabian Carini - Free
Borja Baston (from Atletico Madrid) – £7 million (Joining in June 2011)

Out
Maxi Rodriguez (to Sevilla) – £5 million

I focused on the central midfield spot as our weaker area of the team. I feel the squad will benefit by playing a 4-1-2-1-2 formation with Lucas playing holding midfielder and pushing Stevie up to central attacking midfielder. This left new signing Raul Meireles on his own in central midfield with a possibility of Joe Cole slotting into Gerrard's role and Stevie dropping into centre mid. This resulted in the squad not having many alternatives for midfield so I sent my scout Jakob Friis-Hansen to Sampdoria to compile a report on Italy's U21 midfielder Andrea Poli

Italy+U21+Training+Session+5BTSSpb3mLtl.jpg

After receiving a good report from Jakob I declared my interest in signing Andrea, with full backing from Spanish ace Fernando Torres. Andrea said he would take a bid into serious consideration. John W. Henry, the owner also gave me backing and with the £25 million he had handed me for transfers when I signed my contract, I launched a £10 million bid for the Italian. The next day Sampdoria had amended my offer by asking for £11 million and a 20% profit from next sale. I felt this was a fair deal but squeezed out the deal for 10.25 million.

I received a phone call from Andrea's agent saying that they would both be landing in Merseyside, two days from now for contract talks. I met them off the plane at John Lennon Airport as we headed for Anfield, where I introduced them both the owner and chairman of the club. We then sat down for contract talks and after some swift talks Andrea quite happily signed a four-year deal worth £40,500 per week.
________________________________________________________________________________

I headed over to Portugal to watch Benfica in pre-season, as I had tagged striker Oscar Cardozo as a suitable player to partner Fernando Torres and was impressed with Oscar bagging two goals against Ascoli. I felt he would fit the bill perfectly, so had a private meeting with the Benfica chairman, Luiz Filipe Vieira, to see whether he was prepared to sell the 27-year old Paraguayan, he was very reluctant but I finally got an asking price, he was looking for around £12 million. I was fairly confident that Oscar would be the right partner for Fernando and that he would prove to be a big hit in English football. I launched a big of £10 million, £2 million less than the asking price and to my surprise the Portuguese champions accepted the offer.

Paraguay+v+Japan+2010+FIFA+World+Cup+Round+GhnJpnyRkDLl.jpg

Again, I met Oscar and his agent from the airport and headed straight for Anfield where we met John W. Henry and club chairman Tom Werner. We set down for contract talks and Oscar immediately asked for quite a large wage, but I was able to decrease this down to £61,000 per week and I am proud to announce that Oscar Cardozo has signed a 4-year contract.
________________________________________________________________________________

I resorted to signing 30-year old Uruguayan Fabian Carini, an experienced goalkeeper who has played for the likes of Juventus, Standard Liege and 4 appearances for Inter Milan. This was an emergency signing after both Pepe Reina and Brad Jones suffered injuries and I was forced to use 3rd choice keeper, Charles Itandje vs West Brom, which fortunately we won 4-1 with an excellent Cardozo hattrick on his debut.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I sent my scout over to Spain to have a look at some Spanish youngsters and I am happy to announce that I believe my scout has found a Spanish gem, Borja Baston. He plays for Atletico Madrid and is a 17-year old striker who I am looking for to replace Oscar Cardozo in a few years as my scout thinks that Borja will play at a level around Fernando Torres.
He has settled on a £7 million deal on around £10,000 per week. He is not joining the team until June 2011 due to a severe injury, damaging his cruciate ligaments upon signing his first contract which would have taken him to the club immediately.

=======================================================================

Unfortunately we had to sell Maxi Rodriguez to Sevilla after a tempting bid from them for around £5 million, Maxi said he was really excited about the prospect of returning to Spain where he had enjoyed 8 seasons previous to joining Liverpool.​

Last edited:
Pre-season

Pre-season went well for the team, I have drafted both Jay Spearing and Jonjo Shelvey into the first team and are being played regularly in the Europa League qualifying stages. New signings Andrea Poli and Oscar Cardozo have settled well at the club and both have been outstanding. 16-year old Suso, who is looking a hot prospect also performed in pre season and looked promising.

uefa-europa-league-liverpool-vs-unirea-urziceni-live-stream.jpg

Europa League Qualifying

Siauliai vs Liverpool – 0-3 (Kuyt, Gerrard, Lucas)
Liverpool vs Siauliai – 4-0 (Lucas [2], Torres, Poli)

In the qualifying round midfield pair Lucas and Steven Gerrard were particularly pleasing in the 3-0 win vs Siauliai with them both bagging goals, Lucas scoring a 35 yard free kick, to add to this Dirk Kuyt also netted to make it three.

The return leg was also a good performance from the team with a goal from Torres, returning from a knock he had taken earlier in the week. Lucas again impressed, showing his attacking ability along with his holding midfield role playing just in-front of the back four.

Liverpool vs Omonoia – 3-0 (Gerrard [3])
Omonoia vs Liverpool – 1-3 (Cardozo, Poli, Carragher)

Another good result in both legs, Stevie was outstanding at Anfield finishing the game with a superb hattrick. Oscar Cardozo finished with two assists proving he is as lethal at creating goals as he is at scoring them.

The second leg in Cyprus was also a good game, I rested Lucas, Gerrard and Torres for the next league game, in which we host Fulham. The new signing impressed yet again and the fans are really happy at Andrea Poli's performances, which have kept Joe Cole out of the starting line-up.

Group Stages

Liverpool
Besiktas
Napoli
Zilina

As you can see, we were handed a very tough group, with Besiktas setting a new record, most games undefeated in the Europa League, this would give them a huge boost from winning six on the bounce and it would be hard to stop a team with such momentum. We were also grouped with Italian side Napoli, another tricky side with the likes of Marek Hamsik, Edinson Cavani and Ezequiel Lavezzi. MSK Zilina are seeded fourth but they are still going to prove a threat after losing out on the Champions League play-offs, so will want to prove themselves in the Europa League.​

Last edited:
What tactic do you use?

2ed31y1.jpg

==================================================================================================================================

images

2010/11 Seasons Key Results

1st Game

WBA 1-4 Liverpool (Cardozo [3], Carragher)

We started the season with a superb 4-1 victory against West Brom with new boy Oscar Cardozo bagging a hattrick on his Premier League debut.

Big Win

Newcastle 0-4 Liverpool (Cardozo, Gerrard [2], Meireles)

Cardozo bagged another in a 4-0 win against Newcastle with Gerrard grabbing two and Raul Meireles snatching the fourth.

Liverpool 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur (Reina o.g)

Pepe Reina's return from injury ended with him red faced after conceding an own goal after a fine free kick that struck the post but rebounded of the Spanish goalkeeper. A good performance from the team but Spurs dictated the game in the first half and we couldn't find the finishing touch despite splitting them open in the second half.

Derby Victory

Everton 0-1 Liverpool (Torres)

El Nino didn't disappoint at Goodison Park in the first Merseyside derby of the season, finishing off a supreme move started of by Jonjo Shelvey. The game was fairly even but that touch of magic by Fernando provided the difference in a fairly dull game.

LEAGUE CUP

Liverpool 2-0 Millwall (Torres, Babel)

A good game at Anfield in the end, but the first half was somewhat of a disappointment due to Millwall holding a solid defence keeping out Fernando and Babel. The second half I brought on Gerrard, which gave the whole team a boost having the influential player just behind the two front men. He was by far man of the match playing precise, defence splitting balls, which both strikers latched onto to finish the game with a two goal victory.

Big Win

Liverpool 5-0 Blackpool (Gerrard [2], Shelvey, Torres, Poli)

Great performance from the squad as new boy Jonjo Shelvey scored his first of his Liverpool career. Gerrard was again on the score-sheet along with El Nino. Poli is also keeping up his superb run of form keeping out any other challengers for the central midfield spot and the Kop are really loving the 21-year old Italian.

EUROPA LEAGUE

Final Group table coming soon.​

Last edited:
can you tell me how you play your players in the starting lineup? for example; how do you play lucas?

can you tell me how you play your players in the starting lineup? for example; how do you play lucas?

I play Lucas in a holding midfield role as a 'deep lying playmaker', similar to what Mascherano played although I have given him the option to head forward when attacking. He lurks around 30 yards out hence this season he has scored six, all from outside the area. I have also trained him for long shots.​

Robbie Fowler to join Liverpool!

Robbie+Fowler_1143_18846287_0_0_7003748_300.jpg

I am ecstatic to announce that Liverpool FC legend, Robbie Fowler has agreed a two year contract returning to his beloved club when his contract runs out at the end of the season. I approached Robbie, who will 36 when he joins in June, in November offering him a contract which he was all too happy to sign. He hinted at becoming a coach after his third period at Anfield, after progressing through the youth with the likes of Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Michael Owen.​

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

images

Rival Victory

Liverpool 4-1 Manchester Utd (Gerrard[3], Lucas)

A huge result in arguable football's biggest rivalry, with true scouse Steven Gerrard bagging a hattrick against the Mancs. Lucas also netted the pick of the bunch with a 30 yard pile driver.

Rival Victory

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea (Cardozo[2])

Oscar Cardozo getting into the groove of Premier League football and Torres is loving having a strike partner. Torres the provider for the first of two goals for Cardozo against the reigning champions, the second a delightful run past three defenders and placing it past Petr Cech in the bottom corner.

Rival Victory

Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal (Kyrgiakos, Torres, Babel)

Another brilliant result against a title rival, that's 3 out of 4 this season (inc. Spurs). A good game all round with the Greek centre back kicking off proceedings with an excellent headed goal. Torres and Babel also performed well and got on the scoresheet in the process.

Bad Start to December

Stoke 2-1 Liverpool (Raul Meireles)

A very tough game in which the home team came out on top. It was the sheer determination from the Stoke City team and a purely brilliant performance from Man of the Match, Julien Faubert. I could not pick any real faults with the team, Stoke just outplayed us in the second half and grabbed two goals.

Last edited:
Fantastic stuff so far apart from Stoke & Spurs games, hopefully your side will do well :)

GL & KIU!

Our bad run of form continues against Stoke. Last season it was a beach ball, this season it was the sheer determination from the Stoke City team and a purely brilliant performance by Man of the Match, Julien Faubert. I could not pick any real faults with the team, Stoke City just outplayed us in the second half and grabbed two goals.

[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

The Beach Ball was against Sunderland ;)

Our bad run of form continues against Stoke. Last season it was a beach ball, this season it was the sheer determination from the Stoke City team and a purely brilliant performance by Man of the Match, Julien Faubert. I could not pick any real faults with the team, Stoke City just outplayed us in the second half and grabbed two goals.

The Beach Ball was against Sunderland ;)

Lol, Silly Me XD, I get Stoke and Sunderland mixed up quite a lot. Maybe it's because they both play in Red and White and both begin with 'S' XD

Loving the start you have made, fantastic wins against Arsenal, Chelsea & Man United ;)

Bit off topic sorry guys but does anyone know a great Strike Partner for Torres any ideas currently looking at Vagner Love from CSKA

Bit off topic sorry guys but does anyone know a great Strike Partner for Torres any ideas currently looking at Vagner Love from CSKA

I've found that Oscar Cardozo is a good partner for Torres, and I play Gerrard just behind them both.

What a season your having ! Loving the result against United! Keep up the good work