Fm14KmD

Reaction score
View attachment 871944

The Story of Brendan Rodgers

Brendan Rodgers (born 26, January 1973) is a Northern Irish football coach and former player who is the current manager of Premier League club Liverpool F.C.

Rodgers began his career as a defender at Northern Irish club Ballymena United, where he stayed until he was signed by Reading at the age of 18, although a genetic knee condition forced him to retire at the age of 20.

He remained at Reading as a coach and then Academy Director.

View attachment 260091
Rodgers spent a large amount of time exploring Spain studying different coaching methods and strategies, and was eventually invited by manager Jose Mourinho to leave his role as Academy Director at Reading and join the Chelsea Academy as their Head Youth Coach in 2004 after a recommendation by Mourinho's assistant and future Premiership manager Steve Clarke.

He was promoted to Reserve Team Manager two years later and was kept in that position by subsequent managers Avram Grant and Luiz Felipe Scolari

View attachment 260088

First Steps Into Management

View attachment 260087 View attachment 260086 View attachment 260085

View attachment 260084 View attachment 870879

On 1st of June, 2012, Rodgers was unveiled as the new Liverpool manager on a three-year contract following the departure of Kenny Dalglish two weeks previously. Rodgers' appointment was immediately endorsed by former colleague and Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho.

In July 2012, Rodgers wrote an open letter to the Swansea City supporters, thanking both the staff and supporters for his time at the club and wishing them well for the future. Days later, Rodgers held his first training session at Melwood as the squad reported back for pre-season training.

Brendan Rodgers' Best

View attachment 260078

The 2013-2014 season was Liverpool Football Club's 122nd season in existence, and their 51st consecutive season in the top flight of English football. It was also the club's 22nd consecutive season in the Premier League.

Liverpool enjoyed a memorable season, scoring 101 league goals, the highest number of goals scored by a Premier League runner-up and also the highest number of goals ever scored by the club in the top flight.

Luis Suarez finished as the league's top scorer with 31 goals, winning the Premier League Golden Boot as well as the PFA Players' Player of the Year while Steven Gerrard finished with the most assists with 13.

View attachment 870896

World Cup 2014

Having scored 31 goals in 33 league games, Suarez went into the World Cup as the most feared striker in the world. On May 22nd, Suarez underwent emergency surgery for his left knee. He was confined to a wheelchair for a time, leading to rumors that he would be unable to participate in the World Cup.

Suarez started Uruguay's second match against England and scored both of the teams goals in a 2-1 win at the Arena Corinthians in Sao Paulo, effectively ending England's World Cup dreams.

There was mixed feelings in Liverpool, their Star Man essentially knocked them out of the World Cup, but he was going to be their talisman in the UEFA Champions League.. Then something terrible happened.

View attachment 260067

Suarez clashed with Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini while waiting for a cross. Replays showed that Suarez lunged at Chiellini and bit him in the shoulder (Chiellini showed bite marks), followed by Suarez falling and clutching his face.

Two Days later on 26th of June, the FIFA Disciplinary Committee banned Suarez for NINE International Matches effective immediately, meaning he would take no further part in the World Cup.

On July 11th, FC Barcelona announced that the club and Suarez had agreed a five-year contract.

On the same day, Brendan Rodgers announced that he was leaving Liverpool Football Club.

View attachment 260065

"To be honest, I'm tired. It's been a hectic 12 months and I'm feeling it. Back in May, away at Crystal Palace; that was when I first felt it. The hope of delivering this famous club it's first Premier League title kept me going but when that 3rd goal went in... I felt something deep inside. I felt spent"

"I tried to shake it off but this whole Luis Suarez incident has left me drained. I stayed until the sale was formalized since I know exactly what his value is and I wouldn't let this club down by allowing him to go for anything less than what he's worth. But I don't feel up to it right now which is why I'm stepping down as manager of Liverpool Football Club with immediate effect. I sincerely thank the club, staff and players for all their hard work of making this job one of the best I've had. I will miss Liverpool but I can't offer them 100% right now. I need a break"

Last edited:
I know it's almost identical to Brendn's opening post but it will take it's own identity from here. Also my graphics skills aren't great so don't expect amazing graphics. Sorry about some of the mistakes layout wise!!:)

Don't worry, just looking forward to the rest of the story!

maybe you should sim a season and start from 2015 to keep it fresh :)

Thanks lads:) sim sounds good but I have an idea

I'll be adding a banner and editing the mistakes either tommorow or Saturday when I'm back on my PC, just tidy it up a little bit.

I'll be to busy to post tonight lads but maybe tomorrow if my schedule isn't to hectic

Have you asked Brendn about the opening, I see you've copied and pasted a lot of his stuff!

Hopefully you have and it's all fine, good luck with this

Have you asked Brendn about the opening, I see you've copied and pasted a lot of his stuff!

Hopefully you have and it's all fine, good luck with this

I didn't copy and past mate, I just wrote it out and in a couple of places added a word or two. I did PM him about it but he never got back and I was desperate to start my new story so I just started it. If he decides that he would like me not to use it, I will stop and use another story or something. Although it will be taking it's own identity from here on out.

EDIT: Sorry if the first post has put you off but I would like it if you would read on, big fans of yours.

Last edited:
I didn't copy and past mate, I just wrote it out and in a couple of places added a word or two. I did PM him about it but he never got back and I was desperate to start my new story so I just started it. If he decides that he would like me not to use it, I will stop and use another story or something. Although it will be taking it's own identity from here on out.

EDIT: Sorry if the first post has put you off but I would like it if you would read on, big fans of yours.

Likw you said it's your own story now so I will follow! :) Cheers mate

Thanks man, really excited and gutted that my schedule is hectic but update may be up tommorow

I know it's almost identical to Brendn's opening post but it will take it's own identity from here. Also my graphics skills aren't great so don't expect amazing graphics. Sorry about some of the mistakes layout wise!!:)

I never got a PM from you...

I could be a ***** and demand you take it down, change it, ect. But to be honest, I'm flattered.
I'm glad you like my stories and felt compelled to base your one so closely off mine.

Not happy with you copying that opening post but I'm looking forward to see what you do with the rest of the story. Liverpool are a fun save. :)

I never got a PM from you...

I could be a ***** and demand you take it down, change it, ect. But to be honest, I'm flattered.
I'm glad you like my stories and felt compelled to base your one so closely off mine.

Not happy with you copying that opening post but I'm looking forward to see what you do with the rest of the story. Liverpool are a fun save. :)

Yeah, sorry about the opening post but I hope you enjoy the rest and I thought that since your has finished (from what I can tell) I should give it a bash and see how it goes, never will be as good as yours but hope to create a good story none the less:) Thanks mate, loved your story and can't wait to start this one!

EDIT: I thought I had PM'ed you BTW, Not to sure why it didn't come through:/ sorry!

View attachment 871947
The footballing world has been rocked. One of the most prestigious clubs in the world, Liverpool FC, has announced on it's website that manager Brendan Rodgers has stepped down and that they were now searching for a new manager to push them on to become the best club in the world once again.

Liverpool FC is a world known Association Football club based in Liverpool, England who have over 100 million fans from all over the world. They are recognised as one of the most successful clubs in England and the whole of Europe, having won 5 European Cups (now known as the UEFA Champions League) with the most recent being in 2005 in what is now known as one of the best games of football in history.. The Istanbul Final against AC Milan.

View attachment 259610
Anfield Road Stadium is the home of Liverpool FC and has been since the club was founded in 1892. Anfield currently hold 42,276 fans for both home and away teams but an expansion is due which will mean it can then accommodate 54,000 fans.

View attachment 259609
The clubs academy is the Kirkby Academy and has been described by many managers as one of the best academies in the world, only just behind Barcelona's La Masia. Kirkby has produced many players such as Jamie Carragher, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler and of course.. Current captain, Steven Gerrard.

View attachment 259608

Unfortunately, Gerrard will be leaving us after the 2014-2015 season so will hope to give him a good send off and he will be the captain until he leaves his club.. LIVERPOOL FC!!

Tom Werner and John Henry announced today that they will be unveiling the new manager of Liverpool FC in a press conference this afternoon.

View attachment 871955

View attachment 259606
View attachment 259603

Reporter:There are many football fans who are demanding more English managers to manage higher ranked English clubs, was this an important factor in your appointment of the new manager?

Thomas Werner:
We did actually want to bring in an English manager and there were many who applied and many who were very good managers.

Reporter: There was a lot of money spent over the summer. Will the next manager have money to spend?

Thomas Werner: We don\t want to give away to much information about the financial side of the club but yes, the new manager will money to spend but we won't reveal to much.

Reporter: Is the new manager an experienced manager?

John Henry: The new manager had a very successful playing career and he played many times for his national team. This is his first staffing role but we are very confident that he will be very successful with us here at Liverpool FC.

So, without further delay, I would like to introduce to you the new manager of Liverpool Football Club.. David Beckham.

View attachment 259527

View attachment 259511
wVzYr9.png

Goalkeepers:

-Simon Mignolet
-Brad Jones

Defenders:

-Glen Johnson
-Kolo Toure
-Martin Skertel
-Dejan Lovren
-Mamadou Sakho
-Javi Manquilo
-Alberto Moreno
-Jose Enrique

Midfielders:

-Emre Can
-Lazar Markovic
-Steven Gerrard
-Lucas Leiva
-Adam Lallana
-Raheem Sterling
-Jordan Henderson
-Joe Allen
-Phillipe Coutinho

Forwards:

-Fabio Borini
-Rickie Lambert
-Mario Balotelli
-Daniel Sturridge

View attachment 259509
View attachment 259508
Today was my first training session as Liverpool FC manager and I had a brilliant opportunity to see the players and see who will be key for us. I have a brilliantly talented squad at my disposal but I do have one slight worry. There either getting old or are still young.. Not much of an inbetween.

Players like Steven Gerrard, Kolo Toure and Brad Jones are all getting on and are slowly on a slippery slope in decline. They will not be able to be as effective as in the past.

View attachment 259505
Players like Raheem Sterling and Phillipe Coutinho are the complete opposite. Their performances last season definitely solidified their status' as first team players but they still have a lot of potential, many could become some of the best in the world.

View attachment 259502
A player that I am really excited about is Suso. He has a stunning left foot and is as skillful technically as any player in the Premier League and with the right guidance, he can become a World Class player. The trio of Sterling, Coutinho and Suso are 3 players that I am really looking forward to watching grow.

View attachment 259501
The First Five Years:

2014-2015 Season:

In my first season in charge I am aiming for a top 4 finish. I know we finished 2nd last term but this first season is about me getting used to the squad so stamping my authority at the club and finishing in Champions League place is good enough for this season.
In the FA Cup I want to reach the Semi-Final at least just like the board has asked of me, I will be using youngsters every now and again but the FA Cup is a brilliant piece of silverware to have so would be nice to start our winning ways with an FA Cup.
In the League Cup or the Capital One Cup isn't regarded as important by the board but in my opinion, any piece of silverware that is up for grabs is important. I don't regard the League Cup as important as the FA Cup so youngsters will be getting more of a chance here but a Semi-Final appearance is something that I want to see at least.
In the Champions League I do think we will do okay. The board expects a Quarter-Final appearance but I do think that is a little optimistic so a 1st Knockout Round is fine for the first year.

2015-2016 Season:

The second season is where I think I will be very comfortable in my job so I do expect much more success this year. Although in the league I do still only expect a top 4 finish as I don't expect the squad to be strong enough just yet to challenge for the Premier League Title but we will be building towards that.
In the FA Cup I will settle for at least another Semi-Final appearance. Youngsters will get more of a chance than last season but will still expect a strong showing.
The League Cup is a little more important than last year because I actually want to win it this year and I will be fielding a strong side to do so.
The Champions League is somewhere that I have the same expectations as last year in. Another First Knockout Round this year and hopefully we can push on next season.

2016-2017 Season:

This season is the season I want to start pushing on in all competitions. In the league I want to finish in the Top 3 to give a slight title challenge and next season we'll take this momentum with us.
I want to win the FA Cup this season and I will be playing a strong squad to do this and keep our winning ways going.
The League Cup isn't as important as last year. This is because we won it last year and I want to give a different team the chance, I will be playing youngsters as often as possible but hey, we may still retain.
I still don't expect to get to far in the Champions League but I do expect to go a little further than the last two years. The Quarter-Finals will be a good showing.

2017-2018 Season:

This is the season where we will put a serious title challenge in. I really want to finish in the top 2 and show that we are one of the best clubs in England.
The FA Cup is a trophy that I want to retain and keep winning ways up and keep momentum going for our 5th season in charge at Liverpool FC.
The League Cup still isn't important and I will be playing youngsters again and hopefully they can still put a strong shift in and get enough momentum to start challenging for those starting spots.
In this years Champions League I want a Semi-Final appearance and show that the last few years of building Liverpool FC back up slowly haven't been a waste of time.

2018-2019 Season:

In our 5th season I want to do the treble. League, FA Cup and League Cup. The last few years of winning the cups will have all paid off when we finally win the Premier League.
In the Champions League I would like at least a Finals appearance and at least the Runners-Up medals to add to our cabinet of success

Breaking Character a minute, I don't know if I will be going on for more than 5 season, I hope so but it depends entirely on how much fun I have in the first 5 season.

View attachment 259480
Fixture List

View attachment 259130
We start our Pre-Season with a mini tour of Asia before a couple of games against small teams to get the scoring boots on bedore the Anfield Annual where I have invited Bohemians (Ireland), Celtic and Shamrock Rovers. Hope we can have an unbeaten Pre-Season.

View attachment 259128View attachment 259125
The league is going to be tough especially starting against City but the last 5 games seem okay, Southampton and Arsenal the only real challenges there. COME ON YOU REDS #TheBeckhamEra

Last edited: