Liverpool Fc Team Advice

Jakey_LFC

Reaction score
i am currently in my 1st season playing as liverpool. i am currently lying in 7th place in the prem with four games played but i have a game in hand. I am cant of a noob to this game so any play transfers or tatical advice would be well appreciated.

This is my current LFC team:
Gk; Reina, Itanje and Cavalieri.
Defence; Arbeloa, Dossena, insua, skertel, carragagher, agger, srna, aurelio, jay spearing, darby and davide santon.
Midfield; kuyt, babel, alonso, mascherano, gerrard, balotelli, reira and ryan crowther.
Forwards;torres, kuyt, balotteli, n'gog and Lewandowski.

View attachment 6265 View attachment 6267

any help, you can offer please do. is my team strong offer, can u offer any good signings and do u know an effective tatic to be used with lfc.

Last edited:
Right with liverpool you need more depth so what i did is sell gerrard and buy 5-6 players coz otherwise you get loads of players injured and liverpool dont have any talent really so if you sell gerrard and replace him with alonso you will be fine i was won league by 8 points

Fool

dc999, Why sell Gerrard??? Liverpools best player, captain, driving force. If not anything it will upset the team morale, he chips in 20+ goals per season, assists etc. Sell Kuyt, Dossena, Arbeloa, Itanje and possibly even alonso depending which formation you play. Use the money to buy a good right winger; I signed Lennon. Another decent defender such as Zapata, depending on how much you can get him for, Carragher is into his thirties and you need a long term replacement. Try Mancienne, i trained him to play on the left and now he can play D RLC so im covered. If you can spare 15 mil buy Vagner Love, he scores loads of goals with Torres. Play Torres, Gerrard and Vagner Love with full creative freedom, and play them in a free role.
Ive won the league twice, league cup twice and the Champions league and im in march in my second season. I'll post my team later.

Right with liverpool you need more depth so what i did is sell gerrard and buy 5-6 players coz otherwise you get loads of players injured and liverpool dont have any talent really so if you sell gerrard and replace him with alonso you will be fine i was won league by 8 points

Your a liverpool fan and you sold gerrard and said we don't have any talent?

Ok.

Anyway, what you need to do is try and offload players like Keane, Benayoun and Lucas. You may need to play them a bit to get decent offers for them. Perhaps Babel too but he will be a solid player so Riera instead.

Then replace them with depth players who are cheap such as Krivets, Sanchez, Bratu etc If you get a decent price for Babel get Balotelli as a replacement.

Then base your tactics around ur CM's and Torres. Bring in a good stiker live Vagner love as already suggested, but there's plenty of other talent too. Perhaps try Milevski to play as a target man knocking them down to Torres for you and sign a cheap striker to cover for any injuries.

Tbh it's easy to do well with Liverpool without selling anybody and getting in some cheap depth players/use your reserves. Money generated in the first year will bring in some quality and because your fringe players played all season you will get good offers for them, better than originally

edit - just read your signings...you'll be fine.

I play a 4-3-3 (DM,MC,MC,AML,AMR,ST) with Liverpool, that way I get the Macherano, Gerrard and Alonso in midfield at the same time,then Babel in AML, Balotelli in AMR and finally Torres in ST.

IMO you have:
- To many LBs + RBs. I'd use Srna (starter) + Santon (backup) on the right. On the left i'm not sure if should keep Dossena or Fabio Aurelio as the starter but Insua should be the backup, if you want to try the old guys then loan out Insua. Arbeloa is the best defensively so if you want him to play at LB then sell one of the LBs and loan Insua out.
- More MC depth as it appears you've sold Benayoun and Lucas. Fernandez (think thats right) is good and a good price, plus he is happy as a backup, he can also play ML. There's pleanty you can get from the money reducing the number of defenders.
- With the Kuyt money i'd buy a great young DC like Fazio, between his pace and Reina's, balls played over the top of your defensive line won't connect very often.

Try to get Clincy, he works like a charm...

Also, see if u can get Bojan or Kerrison for free, sometimes they are free towards end of season

Buy Chiellini (spelling ;)) for center back, plays like a beast for my liverpool season good replacement for Carragher when hes too old as i think Chiellini is in his 20's.

Also I would consider selling Gerrard too he plays woefully in my liverpool squad but it could be problematic as all players in liverpool and the fans LOVE Gerrard

i don't think u shud sell gerrard i reckon u shud buy ashley young, so there is more pace in the squad then only play torres on his own cos he plays better like that play mascherano as a defensive mid when he comes back from injury instead of balotelli, and play balotelli on the left as an attacking midfielder and young if u sign him as a attacking right mid

The best advice I can give, being rather experienced with Liverpool (lol), is to sell agger and skrtel cause their **** and buy a couple of strong centre backs. Steven Taylor is amazing and so is Micah Richards... the later hard to buy! but 442 all out attack, no arrows, works with a good back four... good luck!

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Buy Chiellini (spelling ;)) for center back, plays like a beast for my liverpool season good replacement for Carragher when hes too old as i think Chiellini is in his 20's.

Also I would consider selling Gerrard too he plays woefully in my liverpool squad but it could be problematic as all players in liverpool and the fans LOVE Gerrard

Yeah, glad somebody else notices that, gerrard is pretty **** in this game... he never gets better than a 6 for average ratng per season! whats with that... inter want him for 29 million so I think I might accept the offer, lol.

Yeah, glad somebody else notices that, gerrard is pretty **** in this game... he never gets better than a 6 for average ratng per season! whats with that... inter want him for 29 million so I think I might accept the offer, lol.

Yeh I have totally the same problem, Gerrard is only player averaging less than 7 in my first team.

Btw if you do sell him let me know how the rest of the liverpool squad react :D

Last edited:
gerrard performs well in my liverpool team.

i was on the verge of signing kerrison then the frickin board decides to put a transfer embargo in place.

Gerrard has 11 assist and 4 goals in 15 games so far for me as MR. He can be extremely effective if you use a strong attack the middle game. Part him with a creative AMC, and they pretty run the whole offense, and u just need a good finisher up front like Torres, and part him with a bully like Adriano, you team will score like nuts.

Gerrard performs great for me to. Maybe he just doesn't fit your tactic or just need to play with his settings. Took me a while to get Masch, Alonso and Gerrard to play well together but its awesome when you get it sorted.

Alonso is a beast as shadow DMC playmaker, his long passing makes counter so effective.

i would reccommend a new left winger like ashley young or schweinsteiger a new right winger like simone pepe andd a new striker possibly fernando llorente or mario gomez

i sold pennant for ridiculous sums to man city, something daft like 25 mil
then something similar for kuyt.

i got to keep gerrard, and make some money to buy 4 or 5 players, a better winger to replace pennant for around 20mil, sold lucas, then the 40mil+ left over i used on getting good young players to bolster my squad

Get Balotelli:p He can be amazing as AMR or Striker.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Vagner Love too!! Get him before Barcelona does! Him and Balo pretty much will dominate for 10-11 years.

just started liverpool game so far gerard has 9 goals in 10 games he seems to be amazing, torres has only got 4 dont seem to be able to get him firing at the minute,