Status
Not open for further replies.

connort787

Reaction score
If anyone is interested this could be the thread which talks about Liverpool's style of play and re-creates onto fm 13

Thanks

Right back (Johnson)- Usually forward to support the attack *Wing Back - Atttack*

11 points in 10 games = me wants!!! ;)
have you watched one of liverpool's games ?
there are only one class player in attack , and it's Suarez :) wait until transfer window opens and you'll love liverpool , haha

You'll never walk alone !

Awful squad, feel sorry for them. Suarez is a whale in that puddle :)

Poor squad being the result of years of poor transfers leaving us with little depth and some hugely over-payed deadweight. Biggest positive I'm taking from Rodgers appointment is that the standard of players brought in has improved. Playing some great football too, just need to be more of a threat going forward.

Thing is nobody should expect much this season. Rodgers has a lot on his hands. He's basically replacing the old guard with youth, while clearing the deadwood, while introducing a whole new philosophy and identity into the club. Think he's done quite well considering

Poor squad being the result of years of poor transfers leaving us with little depth and some hugely over-payed deadweight. Biggest positive I'm taking from Rodgers appointment is that the standard of players brought in has improved. Playing some great football too, just need to be more of a threat going forward.

To think that at one point Liverpool had Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Javier Mascherano, Alvaro Arbeloa, and Jose Manuel Reina playing together.

To think that at one point Liverpool had Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Javier Mascherano, Alvaro Arbeloa, and Jose Manuel Reina playing together.

was a dream team. if only

I think most honest Liverpool supports expected this season to be rough, Liverpool has been under a cloud for quite sometime with some rather bizarre transfer purchases for some even more bizarre prices.
Recently the play has been better but the lack of depth within the squad has hindered the teams development as a whole unit, I think B.Rodgers is actually getting them to play more attractively but the players are quite wasteful at times.

I don't understand why so many supposed supports are already calling for Rodger's head it's far too early for that, the man needs a chance and to be fair we should be behind him...Rome was not built in a day as the saying goes.
And besides we really won't get anywhere if we were to keep changing manager every season, there would be no continuity at all.

Oh and apologies for going off the topic in OP.

Last edited:
Liverpool makes a lot of money. They need to spend again, and sell deadweights with high salary at all costs, and rebuild. They need to invest heavily or they won't get anywhere. Liverpool failed to secure any talented youth products (thanks to Benitez). Jonjo Shelvey will probably be the best of the young group but he wont be another Steven Gerrard. Raheem Sterling may or may not end up like another Theo Walcott.

I would sell Lucas Leiva (injury problems), Downing, Henderson, Suso, Shelvey, Robinson, Flanagan, Joe Cole, Wilson, and Glen Johnson and start all over again. It seems harsh, but Liverpool needs to restart all over again and build around Gerrard and Suarez. They need to invest more in the youth products and take the benefits a few years from now. At the moment they need to pay to win, and when they win they will get money back on their investments, and that way their new prestige (Liverpool lives on its past glories) will attract more players and younger players.

Liverpool makes a lot of money. They need to spend again, and sell deadweights with high salary at all costs, and rebuild. They need to invest heavily or they won't get anywhere. Liverpool failed to secure any talented youth products (thanks to Benitez). Jonjo Shelvey will probably be the best of the young group but he wont be another Steven Gerrard. Raheem Sterling may or may not end up like another Theo Walcott.

I would sell Lucas Leiva (injury problems), Downing, Henderson, Suso, Shelvey, Robinson, Flanagan, Joe Cole, Wilson, and Glen Johnson and start all over again. It seems harsh, but Liverpool needs to restart all over again and build around Gerrard and Suarez. They need to invest more in the youth products and take the benefits a few years from now. At the moment they need to pay to win, and when they win they will get money back on their investments, and that way their new prestige (Liverpool lives on its past glories) will attract more players and younger players.

Erm, no. Liverpool have a great youth set-up at the moment thanks to Benitez. I don't think you could have got that line more backwards if you'd tried. All the youth coming through now that are ether first team, fringe players or hopefuls (with a couple of exceptions that came after him like Teixeira and maybe a couple others who we've yet to really see) were signed under when Rafa was the manager.

Last edited:
I would sell Lucas Leiva (injury problems), Downing, Henderson, Suso, Shelvey, Robinson, Flanagan, Joe Cole, Wilson, and Glen Johnson and start all over again.

Are you for real? Shelvey is going to be class , Suso is going to be absolutely world class , Robinson will be England's future left-back , Glen Johnson is the best Right back available to us yet and sell Lucas Leiva? Injury Prone? He had one serious Injury in all his time at Liverpool when he's on top form there's not many better DM's around then him.

Before you comment on Liverpool actually watch there academy matches etcetra before making stupid remarks.

Our academy is run by none other then Rodolfo Borrell the man who had a huge part in La Masia.

Perhaps this thread belongs in the Football section as its clearly not about FM13 ??

Are you for real? Shelvey is going to be class , Suso is going to be absolutely world class , Robinson will be England's future left-back , Glen Johnson is the best Right back available to us yet and sell Lucas Leiva? Injury Prone? He had one serious Injury in all his time at Liverpool when he's on top form there's not many better DM's around then him.

Before you comment on Liverpool actually watch there academy matches etcetra before making stupid remarks.

Our academy is run by none other then Rodolfo Borrell the man who had a huge part in La Masia.

Shelvey is above average but isn't headed into world class. Suso isn't world class. Richards is better than Glen Johnson. Lucas Leiva is overrated and he's been out more than once.

You are clouded by Liverpool bias.

In FM12 i picked Boston Utd and took the to Premiership champions in FM13 i picked Liverpool as it is now a bit of a challenge. I'm happy with the back 4 tbh and coates is coming through, I'll be looking at wonder kids in all areas. I'm playing a similar style of possession football:
GK
LB - Wingback - Support
CD - BPD
CD - BPD
RB - Wingback - Support
DMCL - DLPM - Defend
DMCR - DLPM - Support
AMC - APM - Support
AML - IF - Attack
AMR - IF - Attack
ST - CF - Attack

control - fluid.

I've had a massive clear out to be fair, henderson, downing etc etc all gone. Cleared out the reserves and will buy a collection of wonderkids to introduce into the team over the next couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.