Liverpool FC The Long Term Story (With Rules) Part 2

Sorry for the lack of updates lately everyone, I just haven't had my laptop for a few weeks so I've not been able to post or play. I'm already through pre season for our second season though so expect plenty of updates in the next few days and weeks, I won't be posting much when the world cups on so hopefully i can post at least a season or two up before then.

View attachment 57738
With just three or four games for each of the challengers left, our chances are still very much hanging in the balance. Who's going to win it? Honestly I don't know, I just hope it's Liverpool. It really has been interesting to watch how things have unfolded and right at the climax of the season, it's as unpredictable as ever!

As we only have a few games to go and there's three teams who could still go on to lift the title it's only fair we have a look at their run ins. First off with Arsenal, they're still involved in the FA Cup when they come up against Liverpool but they probably have the easier run with a home game against Newcaslte and two away games against Liverpool and finishing with Burnley.

View attachment 57518
Secondly Manchester United who as you can see recently feel short of the victory away to Southampton. They have a fairly easy run in although they do have to go away to both Chelsea and Everton which are two very difficult games, finishing with home games against Brighton and Leicester. United as well as Liverpool have a game in hand on Arsenal with United one point ahead of the reds and two points behind Arsenal, Liverpool meanwhile are three points behind Arsenal.

View attachment 57517
Lastly Liverpool have by far the toughest run in with an away trip to Spurs and Chelsea, in between an Arsenal FA Cup Semi Final. Then we play Arsenal at home and finish away to Newcastle. That is some run in and we quite simply have to beat Arsenal at home and we're going to need close to maximum points despite some really tricky games.

View attachment 57516
Eric Dier done the most unlikeliest thing you've ever seen today, opening the scoring with a worldie from all of about 25 yards! We absolutely had to go for it, at this stage of the season, even playing away from home we need to win every game to lift the title! inevitably as we pushed forward we left space at the back and Eriksen was able to pounce on his rebound from really poor defending. We managed to get one back from Roberto Firmino but even after Alderweireld's red card we just couldn't push for another goal to equalise!

View attachment 57515
Not a classic of a game really although both teams had their fair share of chances with Arsenal probably the team who felt they were unlucky not to be ahead more than ourselves. The match eventually went to penalties and given our performance in the game so far, I wasn't feeling confident. We got off to a good start with slotted penalties from Salah and Firmino but with Aubameyang and Lacazette scoring as well, the pressure was too much for Sadio Mane as he sent the keeper the wrong way but struck the post! Unfortunately we could never recover from that position and when Emre Can stepped up to take our fifth and final penalty, needing to score to put pressure on Arsenal's next taker and he blazed it way over the bar...!! Terrible penalty and we are out of the FA Cup!

View attachment 57514
It's fair to say after that defeat against Tottenham nothing but a perfect run of results three wins out of three is needed against Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle. We're two points behind United who drew 0-0 with Chelsea that night, while Arsenal put themselves in pole position to lift the title with a 3-0 win over Newcastle and we're six points behind them! Only a win away to Chelsea and a win at home to Arsenal will give us hope going in to the last game of the season! We absolutely have to win against Chelsea!

View attachment 57513
View attachment 57507
I've explained the situation, incredibly we are still in the race and nothing but maximum points from our three remaining games will do. With that in mind we absolutely had to go for it! I had to rest players but at the top end of the pitch our best players were in and I went 424. Unfortunately we went behind in the game when Pedro scored when it looked like Chelsea were surely going to score before that. Thankfully Roberto Firmino was on hand to head in James Milner's deep corner, a mistake from Courtois he seemed to be put off by the Liverpool player in front. Firmino was well placed to knock in off Gary Cahill for an own goal and giving us a 2-1 lead and just moments before the half time whistle the Brazilian ever present again played a lovely long pass to Sadio Mane who took on his man and found Mo Salah unmarked!! 3-1!!!

In to the second half and Eden Hazard did get one back for Chelsea with just five minutes to go but we managed to hold out for what could be a massive hugely pivotal win! The bad news is Sadio Mane had to go off in the 90th minute with a twisted ankle, the good news however is he'll receive a course of painkilling injections before the huge Arsenal game in just three days time!

View attachment 57512
View attachment 57511
It all comes down to this, we simply have to win this game and a few goals wouldn't go a miss either. We're three points behind and only three goals behind on goal difference. There was absolutely no way I wasn't playing on the front foot today, I went for it! I had a decision to make over Sadio Mane and he looked right up for it today. The Ox found him on the left and a deflected cut back off Mustafi found Roberto Firmino with time and this time he was never missing that in a million years! Mane involved again for the second goal crossing well and Salah was pell placed but Mustafi with yet another mistake slide tackled the ball in to his own net.

I won't lie and say Arsenal didn't have chances, they did but 2-0 up, I was determined to keep the ball and we did that in the second half and we've grabbed an absolutely monumental win at such a crucial part of the season!

View attachment 57510

Somehow someway we have managed to rescue a season that looked like flopping after defeats to Spurs and Arsenal in the FA Cup, we had two absolutely must win games against Chelsea and Arsenal and we've won them! With the final day of the Premier League season approaching, its a straight shoot out, which team can get more goals? We only have goal difference one higher than Arsenal so we need plenty of goals, what a way to end this madness of a season!!

What a change in fortunes over these last four games for Liverpool, after defeats to Spurs and Arsenal on penalties in the FA Cup, we looked down and out. Somehow though we've turned it around with massive wins against Chelsea and Arsenal and now all we have to do is put a convincing score line past Newcastle and we've won the title! Can we do it? We need a few goals because if Arsenal do the same they need to better our scoreline by just one goal to lift the title! Which is highly possible given their the top scorers this season. Next time we'll build up and find out if we can bring it home, can Liverpool lift the title?

View attachment 57508
View attachment 57509

Last edited:
View attachment 57506
We'll be missing Bobby Firmino and Andy Robertson picked up an injury on the Friday with this game on Sunday but we need him in the team for Newcastle so like Mane he'll take a course of painkilling injections. Level on points with Arsenal then, we simply have to win this game! United beat Brighton 4-1 recently and if both Liverpool or Arsenal slip up,losing or drawing and they win their game at home to Leicester they will lift the title, I would be amazed if two teams bottle it though. Arsenal are just one behind on goal difference with 42, so we need to bang in a few early against Newcastle and really put the pressure on.

View attachment 57366
View attachment 57365
View attachment 57360
We had to go out their with an attacking team, we need to win this game and win it well to lift the title. We will unfortunately be without Roberto Firmino through injury though and Adam Lallana comes in at the number 10 position with Hendo and Milner behind, Salah up front and Ox with Mane having yet another course of painkilling injections on the flanks. We honestly got off to a nightmare start and I was fearing the worst with some real nervous play out there on the pitch, in the first 10.

Who else but Dwight Gayle beating our high line and smashing home! We managed to reply pretty quickly when Sadio Mane found Mo Salah well and he smashed home on the volley! Just a matter of seconds later Newcastle lost concentration and a really poor back pass from Diame left Salah through to take his second delightfully, Mane was on to a lose ball for our third. In the second half with Arsenal winning 2-0, I knew we definitely needed more goals and what followed from the team but Mohamed Salah in particular was incredible. He was found terrifically by the Ox and what a finish to complete his hat trick but he wasn't done there, Oxlade-Chamberlain sent him away yet again and he smashed home! A fifth goal of the day as well when he stepped up to take the penalty when Sadio Mane was fouled. Traore did get one back for Newcastle but just a consolation goal.

View attachment 57364
6-2 FT! The question is how did Arsenal get on, that second half performance takes some matching and I won't lie to you when Newcastle got one back and Arsenal went on in their game to score two 60th minute goals I was scared I might **** myself for a minute or two. At 4-0 one more goal for Arsenal would bring our goal difference equal and they would win the title as they've scored more goals. Luckily for the mighty reds though the scoreline stayed at 4-0 and we've won the title by the skin of our teeth with just +1 goal difference over 2nd placed Arsenal! Incredible!!

View attachment 57363
View attachment 57362
The only other time teams have finished with equal points to decide a title, in the top English league was 2011/12 when Man City won the league with a +9 goal difference with that famous Agueroooooooooo goal, It also happened in the 1988/89 season, when Arsenal and Liverpool finished on equal points and equal goal difference, Arsenal won it with more goals scored that year, also the year of Hillsborough. I guess you could say this one is for Hillsborough, the 96 and this one is for 89, Arsenal!

I honestly can't believe we've done it and what a way to do it, after a start like that I was fearing the worst but we came from behind and what a second half display! A special day for Salah! I'm so proud after three amazing performances like that,we're Liverpool and we never do it the easy way but we've done it, I just hope the good times keep on coming. Next time we'll round up the season and awards for the players announced as well.

View attachment 57361

Last edited:
View attachment 57350
That league win was a long time coming and a fairly big pay out and a long list, with £6M just paid to clubs for Liverpool winning the league. It's fair to say that was a weekend of record breaking, that was Liverpool's highest scoring match in the league this season with the last record highest a 4-2 win over Stoke. Mo Salah broke the Liverpool record for goals in a match and goals in a league match, both records previously held by Dom Solanke.

View attachment 57125
View attachment 57124
View attachment 57123
View attachment 57122
On to the end of season awards then and after a brilliant first season at Liverpool, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain won the Players Young Player of the Year and fully deserved after a really break out season. Loris Karius meanwhile finished second in the race for the Golden Glove one behind David De Gea who won the award. In the Players Team of the Year though people thought that Karius had a better season and Van Dijk also made it, a keeper and a defender in the TOTY for Liverpool, you don't see that every day. Firmino also deservedly winning a place in the Team of the Year, some excellent performances.

View attachment 57121
View attachment 57120
View attachment 57119
No surprise for me that James Milner won the fans Player of the Season, he's been one of the best and most reliable players this season and probably one of his best seasons towards the end of a great career. Van Dijk not far behind, he and Joel Matip in 3rd have both been rocks in central defence. Eden Hazard won Players Player of the Year and Footballer of the Year as well, fantastic player but obviously I would rather a Liverpool player won it.

View attachment 57118
View attachment 57117
Hull City ran away with the league in the Championship this year and they'll be in the PL next year, Liverpool loanee Harry Wilson enjoyed a good time as well winning the Championship Young Player of the Year! I'll be giving him a few games next year definitely. West Brom did well to reach the Final of the FA Cup beating Chelsea on penalties in the Semis, unfortunately they couldn't beat Arsenal in the Final with the only goal coming from Hakim Ziyech.

View attachment 57116
View attachment 57115
Impressively Sadio Mane got the most assists with seven in the Champions League despite only reaching the Quarter Finals, Edinson Cavani was the top goalscorer with eleven goals and RB Leipzig over achieving massively by reaching the Semi Finals. Atletico Madrid were the biggest underachievers who were knocked out in the group stage and Loris Karius finished second behind Manuel Neuer in Goalkeeper of the Season award, the rest are below if you want to see them. Man City made the final but Neuer's side Bayern were the eventual winners 2-1.

View attachment 57114
View attachment 57113
View attachment 57112
View attachment 57111
View attachment 57110
A fantastic season for Liverpool not only finishing in the top four with the ol big four but nicking the title from Arsenal on the last day of the season. No real drama in terms of over achievers, Stoke enjoyed a brilliant season finishing sixth and they'll play in the Europa League next season. West Ham avoided the drop and Brighton, Watford and Huddersfield all got relegated to the Championship.

View attachment 57109
An amazing season for the reds with so so many key and influential performers this year. Andy Robertson is now the first name on the team sheet at left back and Clyne did well after recovering from his injury. Incredibly we had five players with over 10 goals this season with Salah, Firmino and Solanke all leading the line at some points in the season, all hitting 20+, Ox and Mane have to get mentions as well with 10 goals and 20 assists for Ox! 11 goals and 22 assists for Mane! James Milner absolutely has to be mentioned as well, I could go on all day but he played more than any other midfielder apart from Hendo and the same starts as Can, Milner also created more chances than any other midfielder.

View attachment 57108

Last edited:
View attachment 57107
On to the Liverpool news over the summer and great news with the club agreeing to upgrade both the training and youth facilities at the club, further good news coming with the announcement of another stadium expansion for Anfield. I'm also hopefully of securing Son Heung-Min from Spurs, exactly the sort of depth we need at left wing and maybe unsettling him now will bring the price down over the coming weeks.

View attachment 56380
View attachment 56379
View attachment 56378
View attachment 56377
On the Commercial Summary side of things, after a great season we got a new main kit sponsor worth £300M, six times the value of our last deal and Milner, Lallana and Firmino were our three biggest shirt sellers. Sadio Mane signed a new deal this week around double his previous deal on a cushy £200k a week, he deserves a new contract after a season like that.

View attachment 56376
View attachment 56375
It would be fair to say we didn't mess around and after about a week I made my move for Son, a little pricey perhaps at £45M but for the quality of player we've brought I don't think we've got a bad deal. It all depends if he has what it takes to play most weeks ahead of someone like, Salah, Mane or Firmino. I have faith in him and he will provide competition for places, really we only have Mane who can play left wing well now we have Son. The South Korean also gives us another option up front and on his arrival today I was informed he should smash our shirt sales in Asia, you can bet that I'll be touring South Korea this summer pre season. We also announced plans to improve our youth recruitment which is very important, if I'm to be successful.

View attachment 56373
View attachment 56372
View attachment 56374
It looks like the worries for Tottenham are just getting worse and worse first they lose Son to Liverpool and now it looks like they're going to lose Kane to Man United! Incredibly Chelsea have made a bid for Marco Asensio, a record breaking fee of £100M! Harry Kane joined the red half of Manchester, he'll be arriving at Old Trafford after the World Cup, Asensio meanwhile wasn't happy with Chelsea's contract offer, I guess he wanted mo money with that ginormous transfer fee.

View attachment 56371
View attachment 56370
View attachment 56369
View attachment 56368
There's good news and bad news for Liverpool as we approach the matches taking place in a Russian World Cup, Nathaniel Clyne signed a new five year deal this week with just two years left on his last deal he's now tied down for his best years. The bad news is Oxlade-Chamberlain picked up a torn hamstring playing for England in a match against Cameroon in the WC, unfortunately after a stellar season Van Dijk is complaining as well, because I won't give him a new deal. It's not that I don't think he deserves it, it's just that he's got five years left on his current deal, one good year and at 26 soon to turn 27 it's not really a priority right now, I mean if he's still playing this good at the end of this season then i'll give him a new deal.

View attachment 56367
View attachment 56366
View attachment 56365
It's the start of pre season now and the signing we've all been waiting for is finally here, Naby Keita has signed for Liverpool and he's in training! Just one more bit of transfer news as Pogba looks to break the transfer record again with a massive move to Barcelona, next time we will round up all the action from the summer World Cup, followed by a quick look through pre season news and a look at new signings too.

View attachment 56364
View attachment 56363
View attachment 56362

Last edited:
View attachment 56356
Unfortunately for Ben Woodburn, Harry Wilson and Mo Salah their respective nations Wales and Egypt didn't make it out of their group. Although Ben Woodburn grabbed a goal in the first game, a 5-2 defeat to Belgium and a late winner in the second game, 2-1 winners against Iran. The youngster even grabbed his third in three games but lost 4-1 to Colombia, Mo Salah grabbed two in three but just one 2-0 win against Norway wasn't enough to qualify with two defeats as well. Egypt fell at the last hurdle, losing 2-1 to Mexico.

View attachment 56200
View attachment 56199
View attachment 56198
View attachment 56197
View attachment 56196
View attachment 56195
Belgium, England and Brazil all out in the round of 16! Belgium with a 1-0 loss to Russia, England also lost 1-0 to Uruguay and finally Brazil lost a massive 6-0 to Argentina!!! Incredible the Quarter Finals looked wide open with some real underdogs in there, the favourites and previous finalists of the last WC, Argentina and Germany both out to shock defeats to Costa Rica and Russia!

View attachment 56194
View attachment 56193
View attachment 56192
View attachment 56191
Somehow the Semi Finals were Uruguay vs Mexico and Russia vs Costa Rica, amazing. Mexico and Russia made the final then and it was the hosts Russia who won the World Cup! What an achievement, I tell you what I didn't see that coming.

View attachment 56190
View attachment 56189
On to the awards and no surprises that they're dominated by Russia, Oleg Shatov and Fedor Smolov both with bags of goals and assists, throughout the tournament and Hirving Lozano in third. Kylian Mbappe won the Best Young Player award and no Liverpool players in the dream team but i wouldn't expect so after a disappointing month for almost all of them. Next time there's a few youngsters signing for under £10M and we'll run through the events of pre season.

View attachment 56188
View attachment 56187
View attachment 56186

Last edited:
View attachment 56185
So Paul Pogba the big money man makes his big move for the second time in his still improving career, this time to Barcelona. The two new young signings are on the way to the club, trouble is I don't think either of them are going to get work permits right now. Bad news for Dominic Solanke picking up a nasty injury at the start of pre season, now keeping him out a week into the season but he'll come back.

View attachment 54626
View attachment 54625
View attachment 54624
View attachment 54623
So both of the new lads sign then but Berke Ozer goes straight back on loan to his current club, Altinordu and I'll be looking for a loan deal for Mamadou Coulibaly as well. Both of them without a work permit right now but continuing to go out on loan and given the fact that both of their national teams, Turkey and Senegal don't have the biggest pool of talent, if they can break in as youngster their chances of a work permit are much higher. Also I expect the laws on signings and home grown players to change pretty soon when the UK leave the EU.

View attachment 54622
View attachment 54621
View attachment 54620
View attachment 54619
First a look at Berke Ozer and at just £2.5M and agreeing to loan him back for a year there really doesn't look like there's anything that could go wrong with this deal. At just 18 I wouldn't expect to see Berke anywhere near the first team for at least a couple of years but he's exactly what we're looking for in a keeper, good with his feet, good 1v1s and overall solid as well. Let's just hope he can fulfil that potential.

View attachment 54612
Next we move on to Mamadou Coulibaly, a little bit more pricey at £9M but still managing to keep it under 10. As a ball winning midfielder he's got exactly the attributes you want, perhaps to play as a deep lying play-maker he needs to improve in some areas of his game but honestly though, with the talent he has, the sooner we can get him in the team the better because he can learn. A bit more of a gamble just because maybe he won't ever be top class with the ball but there's room in your team for a destroyer. For me a gamble worth taking, the sky is the limit with this lad, I think he can be as good as he wants.

View attachment 54611
Naby Keita is finally a Liverpool man and seeing him on the pitch has been such a long time coming but I know it's going to be worth it. At 23 he's at the age where you want to sign an attacking player, all the hard work has been done for us, all we have to do is give him the platform to produce the goods. First season might see him rested a bit as he beds in to his new side but going forward I'm so excited to see what he can do.

View attachment 54610
The first big money signing of mine and I'll say it again but a player who adds much needed depth to the left wing. Son is another player I'm really excited to see this season, one of my favourites and I hope he can produce it, £45M is a bit much for a squad player so I expect him to push the other attackers. Hopefully it gives us a chance to rest a few at the very least and competition only makes you stronger.

View attachment 54609
Unfortunately Sadio Mane picked up an injury today with just over three weeks before the beginning of the season, he'll miss the first game now. Emre Can also picked up an injury and his second of pre season already, he's hardly been in training so unable to get on the pitch and he won't be sharp enough for the start of the season either. Mamadou Coulibaly secured a loan deal to newly promoted Serie A side, Ternana, back to Italy. With Van Dijk wanting a new deal and now Lovren handing in a transfer request to join Barcelona, a bit of crisis at centre half as we approach the new season.

View attachment 54618
View attachment 54617
View attachment 54616
View attachment 54615
With just six days before the Arsenal game in the Community Shield, Adam Lallana picked up another injury and another one that'll be missing as well. We did the tour of South Korea this pre season and not much to say other than a good pre season, not many goals but plenty of chances for players. Nothing but wins although you expect that against poor opposition, next time we'll kick off the second season at Liverpool, let's see if we can get off to a good start.

View attachment 54614
View attachment 54613

Last edited:
View attachment 53313
This right here is probably more a less my best team going in to this season and also the team that lined up in our first game in the league, against West Brom. Of course we could well play a 433 in the tougher games and even 424 if we really need to go for it. The 4231 is the one I want to play though I just don't know if I can do it every game, looking at this team though that front four of Salah, Son, Firmino and Mane is as scary as any 4 or even as a 3 and a 1. Of course Emre Can could quite easily slot in at defensive midfield, Ox could play in a number of positions and maybe Alexander-Arnold and Solanke will be the most likely to break in elsewhere.

View attachment 53312
It's amazing that this starting eleven are all aged around the 24-27 bracket. Nine of the eleven fit the age group with Keita aged 23 and Henderson aged 28, though his place is definitely up for debate. You could replace him with Can at 24 and Alexander-Arnold could quite easily replace Clyne who is one of the older players at 27 and Trent is just 19.

View attachment 53311
The great thing really is the versatility, Salah can play upfront and either flank as well. Mane can play either flank like the Ox who can even slot in central midfield, all out attack with Naby Keita holding or maybe someone a bit more defensive in Can or Hendo. Son can play up front as well, we have Lallana and Solanke who could play if Salah or Firmino don't perform in a 4231, lots of players can play different positions.

View attachment 53310
View attachment 53309
What a thriller of a game to kick off the season in the Community Shield and it always is against Arsenal, isn't it? In previous games I've always gone to mark Aubameyang out of the game, by far Arsenal's best player and we needed to keep an eye on him and we just didn't. He seemed to expose Joe Gomez on the right of our central defence with Van Dijk complaining about a new contract, the youngster started this game. Unfortunately the striker banged in two early goals to real dampen our spirits, we had to go for it and Firmino pulled one back well found by Robertson! Son had to play with all these injuries and he grabbed a goal on his debut to make it 2-2, a really poor mistake from the keeper, Ospina. We weren't level for long when Mkhitaryan was found well by Aubameyang and he scored a goal of world class quality to put Arsenal ahead again.

In the second half I bought on Van Dijk for Gomez with Aubemeyang causing all sorts of problems. That really sorting the defence and a stroke of genius from the manager or stupid not to start the man? It really showed how much of a better team we are with Van Dijk in it. The pressure was building and Naby Keita sent through Roberto Firmino who smashed hard and low to level the game at 3-3! We keep going though and with just 10 minutes to go substitute the ghost Gini Wijnaldum wins the header to Firmino, who sends Salah away down the wing and returns the pass for Firmino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With somewhat of a karate kick volley, finding the corner with utter precision and perfection, what a finish!!! What a goal!!!!!!! What a way to win it!! I'm not getting too excited but this game was great to watch and we can take great belief that we came back not once but twice in the match and I went absolutely mental when Firmino completed his hatrick scoring the winner! Okay, calm down it's only the Community Shield |).

View attachment 53305
No surprise at all that the Premier League teams were the biggest spenders, spending over 1.2 billion overall! More than double than the second highest league, Ligue 1. It's fair to say that this summer the two big clubs in Manchester were involved in all the biggest transfer headlines, first off the biggest Paul Pogba moving to Barcelona. Harry Kane and Eden Hazard swapped the city of London for the city of Manchester, Kane moving to United and Hazard moving to City.

View attachment 53306
View attachment 53304
Liverpool's Naby Keita only came in as the fourth biggest deal of the summer, moving down the list Chelsea splashed £50M+ each on the likes of Lucas Digne from Barca, Mauro Icardi from Inter and Vitolo from Atletico. Son Heung-MIn was a big deal seven names down at £45M, Manchester City spent around £45M on Andrea Belotti while Man United paid upwards of £60M for Sergi Roberto.

View attachment 53278
On the world front we already know about Pogba and some of you might of forgot about Kylian Mbappe but after a season on loan he completes his £160M deal to PSG. A player strongly linked with Liverpool in Christian Pulisic also made his big move, predictably another player moving from Dortmund to Bayern. Elsewhere their was big moves on the horizon for Andre Silva, moving for AC Milan to Dortmund and for the likes of Gelson Martins, Milinkovic Savic and de Ligt, all players also on my shortlist who moved to Arsenal.

View attachment 52782
After a busy busy summer, I forgot to mention the most disappointing news. Mo Salah could be leaving the club in the near future, after discussions about leaving the club he wanted to discuss his ambition of winning a Champions League and I can't blame him, the best players want to win that competition. With the rising interest in his signature it's inevitable and after quite a discussion, he wanted assurances that Liverpool would win the Champions League by the end of the 2019/20 season. So two seasons from now, if we don't win a CL in the next two years, it's bye bye Mo Salah.

View attachment 53303

Last edited:
View attachment 53261
In the first half of this game we just weren't quite clicking, I will put that down to complacency but the team came out a much better side in the second half. Salah got a much needed goal as we lined up in 4231, Mane's shot was saved but first to rebound was Mo Salah.

View attachment 53277
Virgil Van Dijk was absent from training this week after not featuring against Arsenal until half time and coming back in for the West Brom game, he was fined a weeks wage.

View attachment 53276
We almost got off to the perfect start just 70 seconds in to the game when Firmino was fouled but the penalty from James Milner was well saved by Petr Cech. The storming started continued though when Son opened the scoring and his second goal in just three games, Milner made up for his penalty with a rocket set up really well by Firmino. The lads weren't done there, Sadio Mane with a beautiful pass through to Roberto FIrmino and the form he's been in lately, the really was never any doubt. Arsenal came out stronger in the second half and we definitely could've had more goals as well, Giovani Dos Santos did get one back for Arsenal with just five minutes left but a job we can see out comfortably. That win did come at the cost of losing James Milner for 3-4 weeks, subbed off in the 29th minute.

View attachment 53275
View attachment 53274
In the Carabao Cup we drew Hull City away from home and in our eagerly anticipated CL group, we got Napoli, Ajax and Sparta Prague in our group. It could've been easier definitely, two good sides in our group but I fancy our chances of getting through.

View attachment 53272
View attachment 53271
After a good start to the season and away to Chelsea it's fair to say we struggled a bit today, CHelsea started well, Kasper Dolberg winning a penalty and the penalty was well saved by Loris Karius but the rebound fell straight to Fabregas the taker, who smashed low in the bottom right corner the only place the goalkeeper couldn't get it. Vitolo another new signing added a second for Chelsea and unfortunately there was no coming back from that, Mane did get a late one back for the reds but it wasn't enough, we lost 2-1.

View attachment 53273
A good start then with victories against Arsenal 4-3 and 3-1, sandwiched in-between a 1-0 against West Brom, unfortunately we couldn't get anything away at Stamford Bridge, playing Chelsea. A decent start and next time we kick off straight away with another big game against Manchester CIty, our first game in Europe at home to Napoli amongst other games to come as well.

View attachment 53270

Last edited:
View attachment 53250
It looks like after a couple of weeks on the sidelines, Dejan Lovren is set to stay at Liverpool and he even withdrew his transfer request as well. Maybe he's had a look at Van DIjk complaining and thinks he can work his way in to the side.

View attachment 53016
View attachment 53015
The international break wasn't a happy one in terms of injuries, Loris Karius picked up a twisted ankle in training and he'll miss the next 3-4 weeks. Another worry is losing Andrew Robertson for 4-6 weeks away with Scotland, a chance for Simon Mignolet and Aaron as well, hopefully the Spainard can show something in the coming weeks.

View attachment 53014
View attachment 53013
Another really fast start today at Anfield with Bobby FIrmino coming up with another goal, Joel Matip headed the ball down for the assist just over a minute into the match. Firmino made it 2-0 in the 25th minute when the return of Alex Oxlade-Chamerlain was on hand to find him at the back post. Naby Keita got another assist and Sadio Mane finished to make it 3-0! In the second half City came out fast and Emre Can fouled Kyle Walker, followed by Eden Hazard slotting home a penalty. The Belgian even got a second with six minutes of time remaining but we shut up shop and held out for a 3-2 victory.

View attachment 53012
Another game with another fast start and Firmino's first shot was well saved by Perin but the rebound fell straight to the Brazilian and his second effort had far too much power for the keeper. Napoli hit straight back with a well timed pass in to Jose Callejon, who finished it well, never fear though the Ox whipped in a brilliant cross and a bit of a mistake from the keeper let FIrmino in to head it over him. Firmino again heavily involved, keeping the ball alive, gave the ball to Ox he found Emre Can for his second assist and Can buried it! Napoli did pull one back from Hamsik's penalty, the second game in a row we've conceded a penalty and a bit dubious for me this one. Nevertheless we held out once again to win the second match in a row 3-2, I'll take it but we need to improve defensively.

View attachment 53011
The form Roberto Firmino has started the season in, it really is a shame that he's picked up an injury and he'll now be missing for 3-4 weeks! Eight goals and two assists in six starts so far this season!

View attachment 53010
With Firmino out injured it was down to Son to lead the line up front today, tempting to give Salah a run up front but he's not even doing much off the bench. That faith in Son was repaid just 5 minutes in to the game when he found half a yard and finished well, Palace really had some good chances in the first half and when Mcarthur needlessly pushed Mane, Son stepped up and took his second of the day. In the second half and an absolute peach, top bins from James Milner and another goal for him, honestly this game wasn't a 3-0 but Liverpool were clinical.

View attachment 53009
We're all aware of Brexit and the rules for Football will be announced soon.

View attachment 53008
I definitely rested a few today with Sadio Mane, Naby Keita and Dejan Lovren all not even on the bench, it was Gomez and Van Dijk at centre back, Can, Milner and Lallana in midfield and a chance for both Dominic Solanke and Mo Salah in the forward positions to stake a claim of being in the team. On to the game and a boring one really, Hull proved hard to break down, Solanke coming closest with a header. Late on Milner scored the winner, playing left back after Aaron went off at HT, another excellent finish and his third from open play this season! I'm happy it didn't go to extra time with a big game coming up and we're through to face Arsenal at home.

View attachment 53007
View attachment 53006
We really have had a great start to this season, Chelsea slipping away early on but the other big five, all right up there and separated by only two points at the top of the table. Liverpool are 2nd, just one point off top of the table, Tottenham Hotspur.

View attachment 53005
A great run of results in this update, winning four out of four and just about getting over the line against City and Napoli, we went on to beat Palace 3-0 and advance in the EFL Cup, knocking out Hull CIty 1-0. Next time there's a huge game to kick off and one of the biggest games of the season, United come to Anfield! There's also games against Spurs, Ajax and Swansea City.

View attachment 53004

Last edited:
View attachment 52983

The pressure is always huge playing against Manchester United and today was no different, Harry Kane had the first chance of the day early in the first half but other than that I felt we did a good job of containing him today. We weren't great in the first half and right throughout the game it was really close, Mo Salah came off the bench and the chances were falling to him. In added time, the 91st minute he was set through with a great pass by Mane and he just ran and ran, straight at the United defence and nobody could touch him because he was in front of everyone, even managing to take it around De Gea in goal like he wasn't even there and slot the ball in to any empty net. Park the bus 1-0, I will take that all day!!

View attachment 52789
Again today like the Hull CIty game a week earlier I rested players, Lovren, Henderson and Keita all out of the squad this time and I think it came back to bite me in the **** this time. Klass-Jan Huntelaar, certainly a blast from the past but still around for Ajax at 35, he scored the first for Ajax although I think Karius could've done a bit better with the header. The Dutchman even put them 2-0 up with some really clumsy defending, Gomez and Van Dijk who came in to the team today both had terrible games. Thankfully as the game went on, Ajax continued making mistakes with their nervousness, the substitutions helped a lot MIlner set up Lallana on the volley from a free kick delivery and Solanke robbed the keeper and set up Son at the back post to head home, making it 2-2. We just couldn't quite get another and it finished 2-2 so despite coming from 2-0 down still disappointing.

View attachment 52788
Son Heung-Min making a return against his former club and he was in for Mo Salah up front today and deservedly so, involved with Oxlade-Chamberlain and Sadio Mane who smashed top bins for our first goal. Gini Wjnaldum laid in Son and he found half a yard so easily and absolutely no doubts about the near post finish. We did concede just before half time when Eriksen laid in Lozano and he found Luan in space. In the second half we eventually restored our two goal lead, Son out on the left at this point finding Alex Olade-Chamberlain to head home! Mo Salah even coming off the bench made it 4-1 late on with some tired Tottenham legs getting back.

View attachment 52787
We dominated today and there wasn't a whole lot to talk about, Aaron really advanced on the left wing and that's where the only goal of the game come from, a cross to the the returning Roberto FIrmino from injury. A lot of our play came from the left today and Aaron has done okay in the absence of Andy Robertson.

View attachment 52786
Early on then with just eight games played, it looks likely to be a two horse race again, both for Liverpool and Arsenal who finished 1st and 2nd last year. It's only really Chelsea who are a quite a few points behind, the other big sides right up there.

View attachment 52785
Apart from a surprising draw away at Ajax, Liverpool really hit form in these last few games, a 1-0 win playing Swansea, a late winner against United and a 4-1 away victory against Spurs! Next time the games continue to come thick and fast at this time of the season, you can expect changes for the Arsenal fourth round cup game as we play the derby just a few days later.

View attachment 52784

Last edited:
View attachment 52783

A chance for a few youngsters to play here perhaps but a strong starting line up still. Son scored the first of the day just three minutes in to the game when Aaron found him well and he did the rest, Van Dijk with a well timed free kick on to the head of Mo Salah made it two. Lallana had a goal ruled out before the half time whistle and second half, Marc Janko got one back for Sparta Prague, Sadio Mane made it 3-1 from Salah's rebounded shot. Harry Wilson made his debut off the bench today and what a brilliant bit of play to intercept the pass, win the ball back and send Salah away on the chase with the defender, 1v1 and he puts away his second, of course he does. Aaron again though with space on the left found Salah with a fantastic finish on the half volley, making it 5-1 and completing his hat trick!

View attachment 52379
Not a classic today and only our second defeat so far this season, the disappointing thing is we didn't look great defensively and going forward we just weren't on it. I only have myself to blame, using Ox on the left as an inside forward again proving not to work, I made changes, pushed for the goal and as we did the always seemed really dangerous on the counter and inevitably they scored a late winner from Ayoze Perez. The Spainish player probably could of had 2 or 3 in those last 20, coming off the bench in the 72nd minute. The only upside to losing today is Arsenal who are level on points and top of the table with Liverpool, they also slipped up away to Spurs 1-0.

View attachment 52378
Such is the talent in our team since the arrival of Son, we now have five options who can play in a 433 and largely have been this season. Even with changes we still lined up strong today and honestly, I don't know how we didn't score first 20 minutes, a ton of chances and we hit the post twice. Frustratingly we had a player sent off when James Milner went in for a two footer, second half then and we somehow stayed in the game with 10 men, Firmino was shoved in the box and Mo Salah stepped up to confidently put it in the corner. We held out and I'm happy to be through while making changes the only disappointment however is the red card and a twisted ankle to Andy Robertson, keeping him out for 3-4 weeks. James Milner also later picked up a further two match suspension and we face Crystal Palace in the Quarters.

View attachment 52375
View attachment 52377
View attachment 52376
View attachment 52374
It's fair to say with Sam Allarydce in charge of Everton the bus was well and truly parked right from kick off, Everton proved difficult to break down but eventually we made the breakthrough. Dominic Solanke hitting the crossbar with the header but he was first to the rebound and it was the Ox with the cross, the young English striker only has one other start this season and a poor one against Hull in the Carabao Cup. A really big goal for him and what a way to get your first of the season, we held on and won 1-0 again. I don't know what it is but second season I always seem to win 1-0 a lot, maybe teams are just parking the bus a bit more after usually having a good first year.

View attachment 52373
That lose to Newcastle not causing any damage for Liverpool then as Arsenal lost 1-0 a day later, away to their north London rivals Tottenham. Still level on points with 24 a piece then and West Ham have to be mentioned, right up there with the likes of United, City and Spurs, the Hammers are third in the table with 20 points.

View attachment 52372
Despite the fact that we did lose away to Newcastle at St James Park, it still has to go down as a good run of games. Smashing Sparta Prague 5-1 and some really close gritty 1-0s against the likes of Everton and Arsenal as well, next time we should be able to secure qualification from our group with seven points from three games so far. The boys play Sparta again this time away and an away game against Napoli too.

View attachment 52371

Last edited:
View attachment 52370
I'm not going to spend too much time talking about this but here are the managerial changes for the rest of the big six, Pep Guardiola found a job at Arsenal after being Sacked by City, he finished 5th last season. Meanwhile Antonio Conte and Jose Mourinho are the only managers yet to move on.

View attachment 52106
View attachment 52105
View attachment 52104
View attachment 52103
View attachment 52102
We already know about the ins but with all the stuff going on this summer, I completely forgot to mention the players who left the club, there was quite a few! Daniel Sturridge and Lazar Markovic simply had to be sold to the highest bidder, with just a year left on each of their contracts. I was honestly quite impressed with how we managed to pick up £20M from Lazio for Divock Origi and incredibly £30M from Crystal Palace for Danny Ings, the bulk of the £102M brought back from player sales and almost outweighing the £119M we spent on players.

View attachment 52101
I won't talk much about the other players but it's worth a mention that Danny Ward is the first player to be eligible for a comeback transfer with a£10M buy back price in his transfer to West Brom. i did try to offload Ryan Kent but it seemed like no team wanted a buy back in his deal.

View attachment 52100
Again a chance to rest players but still a very strong team even with James Milner at left back. Solanke was in again but lashing at the ball a bit today and never took his chances, we always looked dangerous though and inevitably Son was first goalscorer once again. Solanke did do well to win a penalty today and Milner slotted home. Mane was laid in by Son just before sixty minutes and he made the keeper look silly, Harry Wilson came off the bench yet again, won a free kick and assisting Son Heung-Min for a half volley smashed bottom corner, his second of the game!

View attachment 52099
A close game in the first half today, we struggled to break a decent Bournemouth side down. Second half we managed to produce the goals eventually, Sadio Mane crossed well to find Mo Salah unmarked, who smashed home! Lallana with the cross for our second to find Joel Matip, who climbed highest heading in his goal. Josh King was in behind Van Dijk and his cross found the head of Callum Wilson, he scored but we managed to hold on to our lead, winning the game 2-1.

View attachment 52098
Virgil Van Dijk's header found Son Heung-Min, unmarked from the free kick and he finished it with class yet again, a brilliant goal-scoring return from him this season. Son found a great ball to Naby Keita who scored his first ever goal for the club and absolute peach on the volley, bottom right corner!

View attachment 52097
Surprisingly both Liverpool and Ajax qualified from this group with Liverpool and Napoli obviously the favourites. Ajax are likely to win today against Sparta Prague so we could do with a win but having already qualified plenty of changes. A brilliant counter attack from Liverpool minutes in, Solanke through to Mane who finished and seemed to catch the keeper out at his near post. Napoli of course had chances but we managed to keep them out right until the last minutes, a pretty dubious penalty, Henderson on Callejon and Marek Hamsik put away the pen. Incredibly James Milner had the awareness and unselfish nature to lay in Son for a dramatic late winner off the bench! Another goal for the South Korean!!

View attachment 52096
We've managed to pull away a little bit at the top of the table, three points ahead of second placed Arsenal who recently lost 3-0 away to Newcastle and just a couple of weeks before Liverpool lost at St James Park. Spurs and West Ham complete the top four and the Hammers are still right up there.

View attachment 52095
Four wins out of four then and you can't ask for more than that, hard fought victories away to Bournemouth and Napoli, winning 2-1.The Napoli result in particular makes qualifying top of the group that little bit easier. Next time we have more league games to look forward to and the final game of our Champions League group against Ajax as well, just a win or draw and we finish top.

View attachment 52094

Last edited:
View attachment 52093
A really close game in the first half and both teams could've got the opener. In the second half though it was the man of the moment, the man on form this season, Son Heung-MIn with a wonder goal and the only goal of the game. Keeping us pushing on, leading the race for a second title.

View attachment 50330
We really have started to rely on Son a lot lately, he's been the one getting us over the line and stealing the headlines when really need someone to, only playing a couple of games up front as well. Today though it was nice that Roberto Firmino started the game and bagged two goals, Mo Salah found terrifically by James Milner put it on a plate for the Brazilian to score his first. All the Ajax players seemed to just leaving him unmarked for a second and Gini WIjnaldum slotted him through, he finished powerfully at the near post. Joe Gomez did get himself sent off for a second yellow but Solanke and Ox combined off the bench, a brilliant run from the half way line down the right from the Ox and Solanke headed home. It's fair to say, I underestimated Ajax in the first game but not today, I marked their strikers in this game and they weren't effective.

View attachment 50329
Utter domination from Liverpool today Ipswich are in 18th and it showed, we had 65% possession and 26 shots to zero for them, the only downside was it should've been more than 2-0. Roberto FIrmino again the man of the moment, Sadio Mane won a penalty just before the half time interval, a bit of a nervousness from me as I switch the penalty taker from Salah to Firmino, the Brazilian stepped up and just about beat the keeper. Set through by Sadio Mane and he drilled in near post again and another brace, numerous chances to complete his hat trick as well. Clattered by two Ipswich Town players, after winning a penalty the keeper denied him and even from a defensive mistake, Ox's cross would only find the Brazilian striking the post! That hat trick just wasn't to be.

View attachment 50328
Good news and more good news for the club this week, with the increased stability in our finances the board agreed to allow 100% transfer revenue percentage from player sales. Harry Wilson also secured a new deal after two good displays off the bench, an assist in each. A five year deal and with just a few weeks til the January transfer window, his contract would've been up at the end of this season.

View attachment 50327
View attachment 50326
Another good solid display today and who else but Bobby Firmino with another two goals today, his first whipped to the back post by Robertson, headed down by Oxlade-Chamberlain and finished off by Firmino. Andy Robertson whipped in a brilliant cross for his second goal as well, the Brazil man found a yard of space and bagged his brace. This season so far the striker has 15 goals in just 12 starts! Incredibly since returning from injury against Ajax, he's scored six of Liverpool's last seven goals, that's in our last three games.

View attachment 50325
In the FA Cup Third Round we didn't get the best of draws, Liverpool will play Watford at Vicarage Road, I still think we can win.

View attachment 50324
So for the first time we've opened up a nice gap between the mighty reds and Arsenal, just seven points but after the unlikely success of last year, you have to feel we've got every chance if we can keep it going. Arsenal slipped up away from home to both Hull CIty and Leicester City in this update. The only concern is that we've only played Chelsea and Spurs away so far but we've played United, City, and Arsenal all at home! There's no hiding the fact we still have some big away games to come.

View attachment 50323
Clean sheets are always nice and in all four of our games, we kept a clean sheet, not scoring too many goals but enough to secure the points. I'll be looking for more of the same and more clean sheets in the next update as well. Liverpool will be top of the league at Xmas but with games against West Ham, Southampton and Hull CIty, can they push further ahead of Arsenal?

View attachment 50322

Last edited:
View attachment 50321
I've got to say that is the toughest possible draw we could've got, having won our group and therefore seeded for the last 16. The two teams out of all the none seeded teams you didn't really want to play were Bayern and Juventus. Bayern Munich is the team we will play then and the second leg to be played at Anfield.

View attachment 50146
Today was a game when I rested players but Henderson seemed the most determined, after losing his placing to Can in the last few weeks but still featuring, the midfielder struck the post early on. Our captain was on hand to knock the ball to Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, who smashed it top corner, half volley! Palace didn't show much and we actually advance to face Manchester United over two legs in the Semis!

View attachment 50145
View attachment 50142
Plenty of news for LFC this week following the Quarter Final win against Crystal Palace, I haven't really spoken about it but Monaco have been heavily linked with Firmino after classy performances all season long and with just 18 months left on his contract, it really was a no brainer to give him a new contract. He come to me and told me how much he wanted and it wasn't a lot more than what he was earning now, now we have the Brazilian for his best footballing years.

View attachment 50144
View attachment 50143
Finally Son Heung-Min could be away for potentially the next six weeks! He'll be with South Korea in the Asian Cup, I know they scrapped the Africa CON being played in January but nobody told me about the Asian Cup. It won't be every season I guess.

View attachment 50141
Coming in to this one I took West Ham United seriously under David Moyes, fourth in the table and having some season, so far. We dominated in the first half but just couldn't find a way through and in the second half, at some point I wanted to go for it. This time it didn't pay off though. As we pushed forward West Ham had so much space, a long ball from Oxford and Van DIjk really should deal with it better but Batshauyi finished it well. Amazingly our only real great chance fell to Van Dijk from probably eight yards out, straight at the keeper.

View attachment 50140
Very important to get back to winning ways today and James Milner opened the scoring with a well timed finish, picked out by Chamberlain. Sadio Mane scored against his former club! Heading home from the back post to make it 2-0, it was game over before half time, another former Southampton man Dejan Lovren smashed home a half volley in added time. In the end then 3-0 was how it finished.

View attachment 50139
Frustratingly we lost both Jordan Henderson and Sadio Mane to injury in that game against Southampton, Henderson out for three weeks and Mane out for two. The good news is Mane should be back just in time for the first leg Carabao Cup, semi final match against United.

View attachment 50134
With Son away on International duty, a real chance for Mo Salah to show why he should start more often. Today he was on his game and cut inside on his left foot, tucked it home nicely in the bottom right corner. Salah heavily involved for our second too, his shot was deflected off defender Dja Djedje and found the corner again and the game finished 2-0.

View attachment 50133
We've really started to push ahead now despite that defeat to West Ham, nine points could be the gap when we play Arsenal in just over a weeks time. If they beat us at the Emirates the gap could be cut down to six points and it's worth a mention that Tottenham have been keeping pace in recent weeks, they look just as likely to catch the leaders.

View attachment 50132
Obviously disappointing to lose to West Ham but three wins out of four, not bad. Important to get back to winning ways against Southampton as it looks these little blips, don't look like costing us. Next up is a home game against West Brom in the league, a tough away trip at Arsenal and we kick off our FA Cup campaign against Watford, finished with a tasty home game against United.

View attachment 50131

Last edited:
View attachment 50130

A bronze medal for both Son Heung-Min in the Asian Footballer of the Year and Loris Karius, impressively in Goalkeeper of the Year. Harry Wilson won Welsh Young Player of the Year although he wasn't up against much. Lastly Joel Matip and Naby Keita made the African Team of the Year, Matip won Defender of the Year and Mo Salah won Midfielder of the Year.

View attachment 48368
View attachment 48369
View attachment 48366
View attachment 48367
View attachment 48365
This was definetely a close game, Naby Keita found half a yard from James Milner's cut back and he curled it top corner. Naby has been so so influential this season and he's been finding great spaces and getting shots off recently but just agonisingly wide, it was nice to see that one go in. Mo Salah's shot was headed in, just in front the post by Virgil Van Dijk, the Dutchman was offside though and the initial shot from Salah looked close to going in but maybe hitting the post.

View attachment 48364
We got off to a fantastic start today, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain finding Solanke who's downward heading was smashed in by James Milner. Roberto Firmino made it two, Dominic Solanke again providing the assist. I always knew Arsenal would come back stronger under Pep, perhaps in hindsight a more defensive approach was neccesary but sometimes you're setting yourself up for defeat if you do that. Aubameyang scored a crucial goal just before half time, a big goal for them. A bit unlucky to concede a second when a tackle for the Ox, laid in Aubemeyang in the box and he finished near post yet again! From that point there only ever looked like one team winning it, Milinkovic Savic scored a brilliant header from a corner and Perisic climbed high for another header at the back post, making it 4-2.

View attachment 48363
I gave Can a rest today and played Alexander-Arnold in defensive midfield, Firmino was rested for Solanke up front too. Honestly we did okay in the first half but perhaps missing some key influences out there, second half Leighton Baines rifled a free kick top bins, a trip down memory lane. From that point we had to make some changes and thankfully Oxlade-Chamberlain and Firmino did the business, Salah's cross found the Ox to level the score. Firmino made it two, assisted by Chamberlain and finally The Ox found the corner yet again! A tough tough draw in the next round playing United away at Old Trafford, we'll do well to get through.

View attachment 48362
View attachment 48361
A massive game to look forward to this one and a perfect start with two headed goals from Firmino in the first half an hour! The first was a brilliant team goal, Andy Robertson with the assist and our second a fantastic counter attack, Mo Salah with the cross. Unfortunately we let in another goal just before half time, unlucky goal to concede again but Sanchez with it. This time though we managed to keep our composure and Firmino added a third, his hat trick rounded off with a volley! He's been absolutely superb this season and right at crunch time, on big game day, he steps up time and time again.

View attachment 48353
Not much change in the table but we're still top of the league and there's still a gap of six points between ourselves and Arsenal, if we win our game in hand that is. West Ham still enjoying a surprising season, while City, United, Chelsea and another surprise in Burnley complete the chasing pack.

View attachment 48359
We threw away our lead at Arsenal and they punished us but apart from that we've enjoyed three wins out of four, including that 3-1 victory at home to the mancs! Next time we've got some huge games in the league against the likes of City and Chelsea, we also play our second leg Carabao Cup match against United.

View attachment 48354

Last edited:
View attachment 48352
Mo Salah found a terrific long pass over to Bobby Firmino and there was absolutely no doubt about the finish. Unfortunately not long in to the second half we conceded the equaliser, Wilian's cross deflected off Andy Robertson and in to the goal. With just minutes to go Mo Salah whipped in a terrific cross and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain smashed it home!! I went crazy for the winner and all the more reason to celebrate, a winner against Chelsea!

View attachment 47990
Not the greatest start today, we couldn't of wished for a worse start when Aguero found space and the top corner as well! Luckily for us Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has been like a man possessed lately, some good build up play and Sadio Mane found him to level the score. We really did play better in the second half and Chamberlain again involved, driving at the defence and whipping a brilliant cross back post, to find Mohamed Salah. Aguero was free again and made no mistake with the near post corner, incredibly Salah was pushed by Danilo in the box and with just minutes to go the Egyptian stepped up. Straight down the middle, something he's been known to do but this time the keeper saved it! Satisfied with a point away but it could've been more.

View attachment 47989
Adam Lallana was back in today after a few games on the sidelines and he really impressed, firstly winning a penalty but unfortunately Firmino smashed it way over the bar. It was only a minute later, five minutes in and Chamberlain picked his pass, Mo Salah did the rest. Some real quality play for our second again, Salah found Naby Keita who picked out the top corner with ease. Sadio Mane came off the bench, he added a third and maybe not the best goal he's ever scored but a goal never the less.

View attachment 47988
Not the greatest game out there today and we picked up quite a few yellow cards as well. United did score in the first half, a great first touch by Xadas and a really composed finish. Man United needed another goal to see them through but we managed to hold them out in the second half and we advance to the Final! The only disappointment is Naby Keita being taken off after a nasty challenge and it really is a big blow, it might only be his first season but he's been our second best player this season, only Roberto Firmino has been better.

View attachment 47987
View attachment 47986
It was Cristiano Ronaldo who won the Ballon d'Or etc and Neymar and Suarez rounded off the top three.

View attachment 47985
View attachment 47984
Despite only two wins and a draw from four games we honestly couldn't have hoped for anything better than that! A 1-0 defeat to United was enough to reach the cup final after a convincing 3-1 win at home, we beat Chelsea and Palace and managed to take a point away to City. We'll find out next time if we can go on to win the league for the second year running, looking for three points at home to Spurs and at least a point away to United, who we also play at Old Trafford in the FA Cup.

View attachment 47983

Last edited:
View attachment 47982
The transfer window for winter rounded off and not a whole lot going on really. Sime Vrsaljko made a switch from Napoli to Man City, Sergi Palencia another right back completed his move from Watford to Everton. Victor Moses moved from Chelsea to Shakhtar but not much happening in England.

View attachment 45668
View attachment 45667
Alex Grimaldo was involved in a big money move, £51M changing Benfica for Real, Liverpool also got a small fee for the part of developing the player Suso, who moved from AC Milan to Monaco for a tasty fee. Liverpool typically didn't do much in January and only Ovie Ejaria, Edvard Tagseth and Simon Mignolet left the club on loan, Mignolet has an optional £7.5M transfer in his loan to Rayo Vallecano.

View attachment 45666
View attachment 45669
Another game away at Old Trafford and again we struggled, creating chances has been a real problem in our last two games. This game was even closer and to be fair we can probably count ourselves a little unlucky, losing it so late on. Dejan Lovren on Victor Lindelof and Romelu Lukaku stepped up to convert the penalty. It's not the end of the world, we still have trophies, I know we can pick up this season.

View attachment 45665
Today we really needed the win, after two defeats in a row and thankfully Roberto Firmino provided it. Two goals today one from each attacking midfielder, Lallana and Wijnaldum and to be fair the Brazilian took them both really well, the keeper didn't have a chance with either.

View attachment 45664
Son was back for the United game in the FA Cup but i chose to rest him, against Burnley he came off the bench and so hopefully he's ready to play well against his old club. In the first half it felt like only a matter of time before we scored and Roberto Firmino smashing home a volley bottom right hand corner, from just inside the box! Honestly one of the best goals I've seen us score and Bobby had the awareness to set up Son for a tap in as well! Bobby Firmino wrapped up the match with another expert finish, giving the keeper absolutely no chance. Three up i made a few changes and a former Liverpool player in Mario Balotelli, did cause us a few problems but just one goal for Mario off the bench and the game finished 3-1.

View attachment 45663
Unlike the two previous matches away to United, I actually wasn't too bothered about scoring or wining but in this one, I was happy with a point. That meant match preparation focused on defensive positioning and playing counter attack, whilst we didn't score a goal we stopped them from scoring I suppose. I will take the point considering we won at Anfield and the positions in the table, incredibly we've played United a lot lately but three times in our last five and three times over the last fifteen days.

View attachment 45662
Typically Arsenal fell off a cliff in February losing away to both Manchester clubs and drawing 1-1 with Crystal Palace, they actually only have two points from their last five games, drawing 1-1 with Chelsea and losing 1-0 to West Ham at the Emirates. Spurs look the closest challenger right now but with just eleven games left, a five point lead and a game in hand, it's well and truly in our hands.

View attachment 45661
An early exit in the FA Cup away to United then but a worthy point in the league. Home wins to Spurs and Burnley, seven points out of nine in the league, we're nearly there. In the next update there's a tough test in the CL, against Bayern and a chance to win another piece of silverware.

View attachment 45660

Last edited:
View attachment 45659
It's fair to say I made a few changes today, with the Bayern game coming up soon, around six changes altogether. Dejan Lovren was an unlikely scorer as he connected with Henderson's corner on the volley, unfortunately he was a bit at fault for the equaliser, again another goal conceded just before half time. Beaten for pace by Jordan Ayew he was and it was Firmino who gave the ball away. Then again how can you blame Bobby Firmino when he scores the winner in the second half from just outside the box, the keeper maybe could've done better but the strike was powerful.

View attachment 45383
Just before half time Firmino dispossessed Mat Hummels and Smashed home top corner. It was close in the first half but we probably deserved to be in front. For a change it was nice that the English fixture schedule helped an English team this time, Bayern played in the league at the weekend,while we've had nine days to prepare. Though that was because we're out of the FA Cup, it began to show in the second half how much sharper than the Bayern players we were. Brilliant counter attack, started by Mo Salah to Firmino and finished off wonderfully by Gini Wijnaldum and two goals up gives us confidence going to Anfield.

View attachment 45382
We didn't create much in the first half and neither did Bournemouth. As the game went on we looked the more likely to score though and Bobby Firmino was tripped over in the box by Jozo Simunovic and what a moment for Trent Alexander-Arnold, yet to score a Liverpool goal and with Firmino and Salah both missing from the spot this season he steps up...... the keeper goes the right way but just tucked under him! What a way to score your first goal for Liverpool! We actually went on to get another as Trent's deflected free kick found Emre Can who finished it off. I almost feel bad for Bournemouth, haha not quite but making it twice in a row just to lose in the final against Liverpool, they beat Chelsea in the semis this year and beat Arsenal at the same stage last season, unlucky XDXD:D[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

View attachment 45381
View attachment 45380
That rest before the Bayern game really did us the world of good but I have to bear in mind that this is our second game of three games in six days. I must of made seven or eight changes and it's fair to say we struggled in the first half. One of the changes, Ben Woodburn who started his first game this season and first in central midfield, he actually did quite well. I mean since that injury to Naby Keita we've needed another player around the team and coming off the bench probably 6 out of our last 8, his progress in training has been absolutely extraordinary. I keep getting sidetracked but back on to the game and thankfully for us our substitutes did the business, Solanke headed down for who else but Chamberlain to finish. The Ox even had the unselfish nature to set up Son, another one who come off the bench.

View attachment 45379
Two goals is enough, in this middle part of the season, all of our attacking players perhaps haven't been as consistent but it seems someone will always be on their game. Our defence is solid too so we're not going to concede much, if we're 2-0 up I may as well rest players for the next one. At this stage of the season it's all about getting over the line and some very winnable games in the league coming up, also find out how we got on against Bayern at Anfield.

View attachment 45378

Last edited:
View attachment 45377
A chance for Dominic Solanke to start today and to be fair he did well. Chamberlain can't be stopped and he set up Son early on, he had to score. It really was all about one man today and that was Alex Oxlade-Chamerlain, again unstoppable for our second this time giving Solanke the tap in, happy days!

View attachment 45294
It's fair to say we struggled in the first half and with just a couple of wins to secure the title, a few signs that maybe we're just getting a bit nervy. Thankfully after some good build up play, Alexander-Arnold found Firmino in the right position but off the defender, Simunovic for an own goal. I'll definitely take it.

View attachment 45293
After leading from that brilliant away performance, I set up a little conservative but Christian Pulisic scored a worldie from 20 yards, after fantastic build up play and on the half volley too. We couldn't concede a second and thankfully substitute Dominic Solanke came up with a late goal, Son, Chamberlain and finally Solanke with a powerful header, combining brilliantly. In the Quarters amazingly we will play Manchester United for the 6th and 7th time this season, we've already beat them over two legs in the CB Cup though so i'm confident.

View attachment 45292
View attachment 45291
The incredible thing is Sadio Mane and Mo Salah both had International games whilst we had our second leg against Bayern, Chamberlain will miss this game with injury so Firmino starts on the right. The Brazilian provided the assist for Dominic Solanke's early goal and that was enough, Stoke are enjoying a decent season and created a few chances but we never looked like losing.

View attachment 45290
It's all wrapped up now surely, it's got to be over for the other sides, with just seven games to go and a massive 13 point lead if Spurs win their game in hand just three maybe two wins and the PL is ours for another year!

View attachment 45289
Despite a draw at home to Bayern which doesn't really matter after winning 2-0 in Germany, it's been a fantastic run of games really. 1-0, 2-0, it doesn't matter we beat the blues and Bournemouth with another slice of Liverpool and Stoke City want same too? Away at Old Trafford again but in the Champions League, that's another story. In the next one we've won the league, we've done it, of course we have but find out what happens in all the games.

View attachment 45288
Before I leave you, let's take a look at a few of the youngsters entering our academy, this year we should really start to see results. A centre back, a central midfield and a striker who all look solid. Perhaps the most work is ahead for Mark Wilkinson but if he can improve the attributes needed to play as a ball playing defender, he could make the team.

View attachment 45287
Fredrich Mputu is probably the second best player from this crop and I see him progressing a lot in the future. Needs to improve his passing and could be better in the air but you could argue centre mids with good technique, don't need to be good in the air. There's also Liam Stewart, who knows with this lad, he looks solid and two footed as well but time will tell. Last but certainly not least, Micheal Ezeh aka the next Micheal Owen. Need I really say more, this boy could make his debut as early as next season, aged 16. Remember the name, Micheal Ezeh, the messiah!

View attachment 45286
View attachment 45285
View attachment 45284

Last edited: