Liverpool FC: Ultimate Guide to The Reds

Good guide, btw it's Martin Skrtel* ;)

Played my first game of FM 2011 as Liverpool and have won the Prem, FA Cup and Europa Cup. Used similar tactics as your quarter back one but have it laid out as a simple 4-3-3. MC is a defending deep-lying playmaker and the two MC's either side as attacking central midfielders. Up front the STC as advanced striker on attack and either side deep-lying forwards as support. For defence the 2 FB's on Defend and GK as attacking. Using direct passing and a fairly quick temp as well.

Made 3 signings to begin with, players who fitted the scheme i wanted to play. Radosav Petrovic for 5.5mil as he works well as the deep lying playmaker. He's young and creativity 16, passing 17 and tacking 17. He's also tall and good at heading so covers the midfield well. Lucas also plays well in the position.

Lukaku for 7mil as an investment who i used either side of Torres and he's scored a few though i don't play him week in week out.

Miguel Torres from Getafe for 5mil as he can cover both left and right FB positions.

Also picked up Federico Fazio for 550k in January as he's a decent backup and when playing the likes of Birmingham and Newcastle he can nullify the effect Zigic and Carrol have

First few games in the Prem i didn't concede for about 8 games and think i only lost about 3 games all season. Best results were 5-0 against Arsenal at home and beating Man Utd away and a Man City double.

Torres was the standout as i managed to keep him healthy throughout most the season although early on was difficult. He converts a lot of chances but the result of the team were way behind in the scoring charts. Ngog was a good replacement. Deep-lying ST's i had as Babel and Maxi Rodriguez. Babel didn't score often but 14 assists for the season which was joint top at the end.

Got a transfer budget of 61mil at start of 2nd season but the wages had to be cut down. Got rid of Kuyt, Poulsen and Degen which has helped a lot but finding it hard to shift Jovanovic.

Not brought any big names in as of yet, bought 2 youngsters but with Insua and Aquillani coming back they cover 2 positions i was looking to strengthen. Only player i'm trying to sign in Suarez as his creativity and work rate as well as finishing seem ideal for the deep lying ST role to support Torres. Also been scouting Honda as he has all the attributes to replace Gerrard once he retires as one of the attacking CM's.

I'll have to see how the 2nd season goes but with the squad Liverpool have i dont see a big need on signing big names players yet. Shelvey, Pacheco and Wilson are now all in the first team and perform well the majority of the time. Hopefully the money can then be put towards a new stadium but the board seem reluctant for the time being :p

So I used your 4-4-2 with the widemen pushed up to wingers I have the newer patch so unfortunately no fernando WHORRES(sorry still a little sour) and I made Carroll a Target man with Suarez a poacher, I lucked out and first season had enough to purchase E. Hazard, and Arda Turan down my flanks and with Agger training D. Wilson my defense is destroying everything Carra has 10 goals all from set pieces in December of first year Agger eventually asked to be transfere and Man city came a knocking so i sold him for 21mil i think it was fair my only problem is more combative teams ive tried fielding the big greek monster instead of carra and S. Defour instead of Meireles but i still always end up drawing against them wonder if you had ne ideas