Liverpool FC your thoughts!

Terry-88

Reaction score
I usually start with a lower team and work my way to the top, (if all goes well), but i have decided to manage the team I support and for a change try and stay in the Premiership and build a strong team to win every trophy possible.

For any1 that has managed Liverpool and has done well with them I would like ideas on what positions you have strengthened and what players are capable of taking them to the top. Also what players to get rid of etc.

When replying please if you can say what team the players came from you have bought, price if pos and what position they play thanks.

The First team I would reckon to start without any changes:

GK - Reina
RB - Arbeloa
LB - Aurelio
CB - Carragher
CB - Agger
RW - Benayoun
LW - Babel or Reira
CM - Alonso or Mascherano
CB - Gerrard
ST - Torres
ST - Kuyt

Based on a 442 tactic, depending on what tactic i guess the team would change.

maybe buy another right winger-suggest balotelli
and right back-srna

Is Balotelli as good as i have read at his age or will he take time to grow to the player they all say he is?

Balo is gonna be one of the ebst top striker in the world, can play real well as AMR as well too. Must get Srna if u want an awesome wingback, also get Vagner Love, he scores 30-40 goals a season. And make sure u sell kuyt, d'nog, asseona, and benayoun.

he is very good at his age-u can use him as striker or left and right winger and he is very good at free kicks

Sign beckham and rivaldo too, they are cheap and can give you 2-3 good years.

With the selling of them players will it get me enough money to get a right back and right winger you reckon? Was thinking about gettin a striker to as there isnt much choice in the current side if any at all apart from torres. Vagner Love good enough then to take in the position? Or any other suggestions.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Not in the discussion but very nice sig mihacroatia ;)

thx :D

for striker u can sign keirrison-very good player scores 25-30 goals in league + 20+ in cup and champions league...in 7th season in 17 games so far he scored 22+4 asists

marquinhos, brilliant attack stats and can cover am lrc and foward position

With the selling of them players will it get me enough money to get a right back and right winger you reckon? Was thinking about gettin a striker to as there isnt much choice in the current side if any at all apart from torres. Vagner Love good enough then to take in the position? Or any other suggestions.

For around 8-10 million, you can get RAFINHA from Schalke, who is a brilliant DR. Definetly go for VAGNER LOVE, one of the best at the start of the game, and for around 15m he is yours, just wait for him to demand to leave CSKA Moscow.
Also, look at BALOTELLI, although he may not be good enough to go straight into the first team.
Lose Benayoun, and look at DIEGO CAPEL(Sevilla), LUIS SUAREZ(Ajax), two top prospects. Capel for around 13m, and Suarez around 10m.

A good back-up to Torres who will rotate with Babel and the young French lad whose name I am too drunk to remember, is about all you 'need' in the first season. Even then, it's not really an absolute must but more just covering any injury crisis which might occur.

Benayoun can be sold, if you can get a replacement as multi-functional as him (Fleck from Rangers IIRC? He's grossly over-rated too but such is life.) - or at least a player who will do the job on the right wing (Silva from Valencia ticks that box for me) and one who can back up Gerrard (take your pick on this one - any decent creative AMC will do - that Aguero chap is quite decent).

I like getting Johnson for Liverpool, as, like in real life, he fits right into the team and is an upgrade to Arby - although, Arby's utility makes him worth hanging on to for cover. Doss is grossly over-rated in the game before 9.3 database btw - the Italian researchers must smoke something funny because whenever a player comes over from Italy into the PL they become gods before the English researchers put more realistic assessments on the players into the game.

Another central defender of quality is needed within a couple of seasons to replace Carra and challenge for a place against Skrtel and Agger. A player who combines the best of both of those two (not really a ball-carrying central defender and not really a destroyer) is my preferred choice.

Oh, 4-4-2 really doesn't do the Liverpool squad justice. It's a squad for a 4-2-3-1 which can play 3-5-2 or 4-1-3-2 when needed. 4-4-2 is lovely and fine, but 4-2-3-1 will allow you to eat the PL against the AI.

Hey

i have a game as liverpool atm i am in my 3rd season and over them 3 seasons i have won prem
champions league
fa cup
league cup
super cup

in the 1st season all i really did was get a new rb and a new striker my right back was zapata and my striker was love i sold ppl like yossi - 8 mill lucas - 10 mill
babel - 12 mill n then that was really it for 1st season fin 1st torres fin with 44 goals in the prem and i think 59 in total in all comp so tht wht i did

hope this helped

want any other info add my msn - [email protected]

fanks alot dc999

you guys got 9 points docked yet??? i dont understand it... why point deducted. i had like 30 million transfer budget, they got all of them. new owner sucked i guess.

Going on to the formation i think that a 4-2-3-1 formation is the best they could play

buy juan manual vargas for left back(can take free kick)

buy matias fernandez for left wing(can take penalty)

buy vukcevik from sporting lisbon centre mid(can take free kick and corner)

buy felipe defender carragher is getting older

buy d santon rb,ballotelli attacking mid and winger and keep insua for back up and coming years they will be very good.

buy srna too he is awsome player

buy hulk or mata for striker

play torres and gerard together great combo

sell dossena,benayoun ngog babel arbeloa and kuyt.

u can get owen for free

Best Team

4th season with liverpool

3 x league titles
2 x CL
3 x FA cup
2 x carling cup

Reina is unhappy and wants a new challenge.

Don't know who to get !

Keep Sami Hyypia and Carragher they both join backroom staff. Pretty useful!

Torres and aguero just awesome. Once carragher is gone Michael Richards will step in and davide Santon will go right !!! Insua is soild as you all know and dossena will leave soon ( get some one young and good ) KaKa and gerrard is not working as i was hoping. still managed 24 goals between them !!! sold lucas (15mil) and got Morgan schneiderlin from southampton for 2.9 Mil and he is really good.

And please dont sell babel he's a good player.

Sweet thanks for all the replies. As for the tactics suggested for the team 4231, any1 got a link for this tactic?

put pennant up for sale and offer out to clubs at 20mil mancity should come straight in for him.

kuyt offer at 25, again man city, and shift lucas for 9mil to man city.... thats what i did.

gave me more than enough to buy balotelli, higuain & srna