Liverpool go clear at top after draw

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool move to the top of the Premier League after a goalless draw against West Ham.

More...

Liverpool look weak. They couldn't finish off a second rate West Ham side, and should have gone behind twice, once when Cole went through and Reina saved (poor finish), and secoind when Reina saved brilliantly from... someone else.
Poor.
Arsenal for the title.

By that logic West Ham should of went behind twice when Benayoun's volley was saved superbly by Green and then again when Kuyt's chance was again saved by Green (Poor Finish).

I personally thought Liverpool played really well, we just lacked that finishing touch. It's pretty hard to break down teams who set up with 10 men behind the ball. Good result for West Ham though, at least they aren't as stupid as West Brom when it comes to playing bigger teams away from home.

Last edited:
Yeah Liverpool moved ahead, but they've dropped two points imo. We're in for a close one this season...

Green's save from Benayoun :eek:

Mood: X|

I was disgusted when I woke up this morning to the news that Liverpool couldn't pull it off against West Ham - that's just not professional. Keane is chucking a Rooney - doesn't believe in himself - and he was never quite as good as he was cracked up to be.

That said I think that Liverpool could still win it - Man U just aren't looking good enough, Chelsea aren't as indomitable as they've previously been, and Arsenal are still too young.

However; I think Arsenal are coming close to a turn-around. I don't think they'll have a chance of winning it, but they can't ignore the boot they will get from finally winning a PL game - and in such a fashion! Beating Chelsea, second club to do it since their, what, 83 game unbeaten run ended? That'll give 'em some pride; A zip in their stride.

Now they've got to learn how to play sides with a majority of English [toughies], who are bound to shove 'em around more than Deco and Jose B.

It'd be nice to see 'Villa and Arsenal in 3rd and 4th, in preference to ManU.