Liverpool - Going into 3rd Season

jorski

Reaction score
Ive finally decided that I have become too big for Andy Carroll and I want someone new. I have a fair few options as ive changed tactics this season and not sure what to do going into the 3rd season.

I am currently playing 4-2-3-1

Carroll
Hazard - Suarez - Downing
Sissoko - Gerrard
Enrique - Agger - Hummels - Johnson
Reina

Butland
Carragher
Coates
Robinson
Flannagan
Henderson
Javi Martinez
Shelvey
Kadlec
Martin (Regen)
Sanogo

Option 1 -
Sell Carroll and replace with another striker. I wanted to try someone I havent tried before, like Falcao, Hulk, Higuain (if possible)

Option 2 -
Sell Carroll and move Suarez back upto striker and get a new att midfielder. Again want to try someone I wouldnt normally try. Havent played with Pastore since early FM11. Would be cool to try.

Option 3 -
Sell Carroll, move Suarez back upto striker and move Hazard into the att midfielder spot. He did just get 2nd in World Player of the Year and 3rd in the Ballon D'or playing as left winger. So not too sure as to whether to change him or not. Would he be better in the att midfielder roll? If I did I would want to try get home grown if possible to keep the balance with Carroll going out. No one has got Bale yet, Spurs underperforming lying in 8th. Any other cool options? Any home grown winger will do.

Ive been offered Cavani for 22.5m but I got him in my last save in my Uruguay LFC Revolution, so would like to mix it up, but if its too good to turn down I understand haha.

Which option should I go down?

That Cavani offer is too good to turn down but I'm like you, don't always like signing the same players. You can't go wrong with Hulk, but I think you might find he will displace Downing in your team.

IMO if you can get rid of Carrol then do it.

You could have an option four btw, play Suarez as inside forward, move Hazard into centre and still look for a new forward. Besides Hulk, here are some more names (tried to give you rounded forwards rather than poachers):

Rochina from Blackburn, Jovetic, Osvaldo (starts at Sao Paulo), Taufic Guarch, Mattia Destro, Vagner Love, Guilherme, Doumbia, Leandro Damiao.

Need anymore?

Romelu Lukaku if he is good in your game would be the best replacement if not the Cavani deal is too good to turn down unless you can get Edin Dzeko on the cheap as in £15m or less I am naming people who play a similar style to Carroll but are better.

Well I am aiming pretty high, im 11 points clear at the top of the table half way through the season, undefeated in 32. So im aiming for someone to destroy, score goals for fun.

just missed out on Cavani, joined Inter for 23.5m. scored 5 in 3 games with 2 assists and avg rating 8.3 :( lol

ive just started 3rd season with liverpool also and sold carrol in summer just gone by for 15 mil and brought jovetic who i have never played with before ( i also share same opinion as you with same players) and in first game played him lam in 4-2-3-1 and he wasnt very good next game put him as striker and bangs in 4 and second game he got 2 goals hes awesome as striker i would recommend him but you cant lose with 22mil for cavani :/. try damaio,destro,fierro,niang,jovetic,paloschi,cavani,pato,lopez,dzeko,lewandowski,barrios if you do sell carrol.pastore normally goes for cheap in 3rd season ive just got him for 15mil he got offered to me for 20 mil but i offered what he was worth and it got accepted.

Yeah Cavani went to Inter for 23.5m but they already had Damiao so I might try and poach him out, although his goalscoring record for Inter is pretty good.. 22played 16goals so might be hard. But they also still have Forlan, Milito, Lewandowski and Cavani. Jovetic does look interesting though, might butter them both up for the summer and see how I go.

Looking on your bench, you have your carrol replacement, Yaya Sanogo, give him game time, and he will reward you, I have used him as my lone striker at Liverpool from the beginning, and he is just getting beter and better for me