Liverpool in talks to sign Riera

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool hold talks with Espanyol with a view to signing left-sided midfielder Albert Riera, BBC Sport understands.

More...

I hope this doesn't mean goodbye to Alonso.

he's a winger so it shouldnt affect alonso, unless you mean the funds they will use from selling alonso.

Ive heard Pennants on his way

Did Riera used to play for Barca?

Grant have you seen any of Crosas apart from v Falkirk?

Yeah Pennants definitely on his way out. He doesn't even get on the bench anymore, Rafa prefers the youngster El Zhar.

Riera, who spent a spell on loan with Manchester City in 2006, has also played for Real Mallorca and Bordeaux.

So no Barca I guess. I know he flopped at Man City too but Guillem Balague has been saying he'll do better this time so he's worth a shot I guess.

Ive heard Pennants on his way

Did Riera used to play for Barca?

Grant have you seen any of Crosas apart from v Falkirk?

nope, but he was with the barca squad on both the trips to scotland and i dont think they take just anyone with them. Also i heard that barca have a buy back clause for 2 years away not sure if its true or not but if it is then they clearly think he could be good enough for them so would be great for celtic. Hope he does well but havent seen any of him to judge tbh.

Also Riera is a very good player, better than pennant and benayoun.

Yeh he does.

After 2 years they can buy back, but we get 25% of any future transfer fee and vice versa if he stays.

I guess he's improved since his spell at City. When I heard about this I thought yet another aab Rafa signing.