Joshhh

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has had a successful tactic with Liverpool after installing LFCMarshall's summer update.

I thought of playing a 4-5-1 with Gerrard, Adam and Lucas my main 3 midfielders. Gerrard being the advanced playmaker whilst Adam is the deep lying playmaker. Lucas will play just behind them as the Defensive midfielder.

The 3 forwards (in my case, Carroll, Suarez and Kuyt) would be set up like this:

Suarez and the left forward, deployed in an inside forward role, with alot of creative freedom and about 18/19 attacking mentality. Carroll being the target man, holding up the ball for others to support him. Kuyt being a winger on the right, hugging the touchline and putting alot of crosses in for Carroll and supporting players like Suarez and Gerrard.

The defence would be set up like this:

Emiliano Insua (Full Back - Support)
Jamie Carragher (Limited Defender - Stopper)
Daniel Agger (Ball Playing Defender - Defend)
Glen Johnson (Full Back - Attack)
Jose Manuel Reina (Sweeper Keeper - Defend)

If anyone could give me any advice on how I should set up my team it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

No Downing? Him with crosses set to often aimed to target man will result in goals, goals, goals for Carroll.

I made a tactic for southamton which tbh would be perfect for LFC

4-3-3

GK: Reina - Sweeper Kepper
Dl: Enrique - Full back support
Dc: Carra - Stopper
Dc: Agger - Ball playing CB
Dr: Johnson - Full back support
Mc: Gerrard - adavnced playmaker
Mc: Adam - box to box
Mc: Lucas - ball winning
Stl - Downing - Inside foward
Stc - Carroll/Suarez - Advanced foward
Str - Kuyt - Inside foward

In southampton save, i didnt cheat or do anything like give them money etc, and i wont the first 14 games of the championship season

may start a LFC game and try it out myself tbh haha

I've had a similar issue with LFC. I play 4-5-1

enrique wing back- support
agger central defence - defend (has a more attacking mind and set to long balls to target man)
JC central defence - defend
glen johnson or kelly depending on form - wing back -support

lucas DM - support
adam - central midfielder - support
gerrard - advanced playmaker - attack

suarez - inside forward - attack ( on the left, set to cut in)
downing - winger attack, crossing often aimed at target man, although he never actually plays it to carrol, or the cross is always really low, i've set the crossing to "float" but it doesn't change).

Carrol - taget man, attack

please help, i'm 7th in the league!

im playing with 4-4-2 and sometimes 4-2-3-1... my team did well with that formation with carroll and suarez bagging a lot of goal...
and im not use carroll as target man coz he is **** at that role for me.. im using him as poacher :p
playing with target man make my time always struggle in possession :(

Cheers lads! Yeah I'd play Downing it all depends on form/injuries mate

LFC, any chance you could link me up? Cheers mate

I stuck with the formation above, however insua's form was brilliant and he pushed enrique out, i went on a 7 league unbeaten run then just lost 6-0 to united... i wasn't happy ha