Liverpool move for defender Degen

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Borussia Dortmund defender Philipp Degen will sign for Liverpool on 1 July.

More...

boro have been constantly linked with the degen brothers for about 5 summers now, now we have luke young we dont need a RB so good luck to him at anfield, i just hope he is as successful free transfer as voronin!

There's one of those World class players Benitez signs for a position he needs one in...or not. Liverpool need a RB, so he signs some average person who is probably no better than Finnan or Arbeloa :D

Admittedly I've not seen him play but he's not a world class player. According to people on 606 who have seen him, he's gash. Guess we'' see at the Euros.

Been rumoured for about two months now. degen has gone backwards since his brilliant displays at the last world cup. got injured and lost his place in the dortmund side.

boro have been constantly linked with the degen brothers for about 5 summers now, now we have luke young we dont need a RB so good luck to him at anfield, i just hope he is as successful free transfer as voronin!

yeh we've been linked with them for a couple of years as well

i just hope he is as successful free transfer as voronin!

Voronin was pretty swish (for a free) when he first joined but since he got injured he didn't really get much of a look in because Torres began to own every defence in the league. :D

never really seen him but his stats are ok on fm

Voronin was pretty swish (for a free) when he first joined but since he got injured he didn't really get much of a look in because Torres began to own every defence in the league. :D

ha biased...voronin and kuyt are 2 of the worst players ive seen never mind from a "title challenging" club

ha biased...voronin and kuyt are 2 of the worst players ive seen never mind from a "title challenging" club

I respect your opinion less than Ad's now after that comment.

Kuyt had a brilliant season IMO. Voronin was meh.

Kuyt has been fair i think and Veronin has not done much but he was injured wasnt he?

yeah his 3 goals in 29 league appearences really is brilliant! if you watch him over 90mins he is bollocks, he just runs around constantly but with very little end product ( a bit like tuncay!)

Tuncay has done brilliantly as a Turkish player coming into the EPL for the first time with quite big expectations (hailed as a God like player in Turkey) scoring 9 goals or whatever.

Kuyt personifies Liverpool as a club - plays below expectations in the league and above them in the CL.

yeah his 3 goals in 29 league appearences really is brilliant!

Was 3 goals in 32 (24 starts) actually. 2 of the goals were against Everton as well. But for a striker playing out wide he's done brilliant, helps with the defending, closes down the opposition, gets some good balls into the box etc..

so other than the everton game hes got one in 31 (24 starts) , i dont care how much he adds, the teams not won anything , havent challenged for anything and one of your "strikers" has 3 goals. its obv not working, if he was like tevez, not scoring lots but adding loads to the game and in a successful team then it would be acceptable but if the teams not winning then it cant be "brilliant".

Was 3 goals in 32 (24 starts) actually. 2 of the goals were against Everton as well. But for a striker playing out wide he's done brilliant, helps with the defending, closes down the opposition, gets some good balls into the box etc..

I'll admit that Kuyt does get back and help with the defending. But for a striker 3 goals isn't enough or for a winger, 4 assists isn't enough if you don't contribute goals aswell to be fair.

Go back and watch every game he's played this season and you'll see what I mean.

Kuyt is just not good enough for a 'title challenging' side. Could you imagine him getting a game for man utd or chelsea?

Go back and watch every game he's played this season and you'll see what I mean.

i dont deny he runs about or whatnot, im just saying he lacks the required quality for the team he is in, imagine instead of playing him you had a player that would get 20 goals a season, then youll see how much of a brilliant player he is when liverpool do well for once

Kuyt is just not good enough for a 'title challenging' side. Could you imagine him getting a game for man utd or chelsea?

No, because they have decent players who can play on the right of midfield. :D