jnoodles

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a few games into the first season on a network game where I'm Liverpool. I was surprised to see that you are only given 2 million for a title challenge (minimum expectation). Considering where they finished the season before I think it's a tough ask. So I wondered...

Has anyone achieved this in the first season and how did you go about it?

Is it likely that you will get additional funds in January if you're doing well and how much?

Thanks.

Only thing I can tell you for certain is that you get £15m in November most of the time.

I myself finished 4th, and it isn't really that hard. Try Raikans Might and Magic tactic. That worked well for me.

They spent a lot of money in the summer though, bringing in new players. I haven't managed them, but they always seem to be in the top 3 on my games.

If you can make the best of Suarez with the like of Gerrard , Adam , Lucas then yes , you could stay in the top 3 after the 1st season .

They've gone 15-1-0 in the first 16 games in my save. Absolutely killing the opposition, until I scalped them at Stamford Bridge.

In the first season I got 2nd :) Really hard though seeing how I took a draw against man city and that ruined my chance for a win :/ Same points with Man utd but due to goal difference though. Try exploiting the **** out of adam and suarez. Jan get doumbia and bam! You'll win the league.

liverpool is all about managing ability mate, u got gerard suarez adam reina and lucas. they're amazing, try to exploits their best.
downing is also good in my save.
i must admit, i've employ such and pragmatic style. when taking big team i usually employ defending tactics when scored 1 goal. the result is good, 1st place on feb :)

Thanks for all the feedback guys, much appreciated. I didn't notice that there is also a 24 page thread on Liverpool. An almighty read!

I see what everyone is saying with regard to working with the players you have. Think I may have underestimated the squad. We are about 8 games in and I'm 2nd having just beat City away. Well pleased with that and hopefully the form can continue.