Liverpool Players & Guide

simonsamuel

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

As per mentioned above, this is my liverpool guide, inclusive of the players. ;)

Players XI (ranked in accordance to my starting line-up preference)

GK
Jose Manuel Reina
Diego Cavalieri

DR
Glen Johnson
Stephen Darby

DL
Emlilano Insua
Fabio Aurelio

DC
Jamie Carragher
Martin Skrtel
Sotiris Kyrgiakos
Daniel Agger

DMC
Javier Mascherano
Lucas
Damien Plessis
Jay Spearing

AMR
Dirk Kuyt
Yossi Benayoun

AML
Albert Riera
Ryan Babel

AMC
Alberto Aquilani
Steven Gerrard
Rafael van der Vaart

ST
Fernando Torres
Dirk Kuyt
Ryan Babel
David N'gog

Problems with & feasible solutions for Liverpool:
1. £2m transfer budget & £1.01m wage budget
2. Injuries
3. Creative playmaker

:'( This is a real stumbling block to begin with. I was shocked when I saw the budgets. But nonetheless, this actually is the fun part of managing the team. You are left with loans or buying unknown players at minimum prices. The latter is not possible at all since a decent player will put you back by at least £2.5m. So in my opinion, loaning a player will be the best solution. Question is who to loan? For that we have to take a look at the available squad players. Skrtel is nearing recovery, and Carragher
and Kyrgiakos both have high stamina (they hardly tire), so the DC problem is temporary resolved. Glen Johnson is the only available DR at the moment, but if you take a closer look at the Reserves team, you will find that Stephen Darby is an emerging gem. Insua will fill the "boots" of Aurelio just fine, so no worries there. For DMC, Mascherano and Lucas are the best, but they cannot last every game. And the solution once again comes from the Reserves team. Damien Plessis and Jay Spearing can fill the roles adequately for games against lower level teams. Now comes the midfield. Liverpool has a pool of talent but as per real life, lacks a creative player who can create chances and make that beautiful through pass or that long shot that leaves GK rooted. Alonso was that player but he has since left to pursue financial dreams with R.Madrid. Riera is a left winger, and make no mistakes about it, he really does his job well. Benayoun is a fantastic dribbler, but he lacks the vision to make the final pass to the ST, thus wasting great chances. Babel is just too selfish of a player, nothing more can be said. Kuyt, yes, is an accomplished right winger, but he is definitely more comfortable with a ST role. That leaves us with good old Gerrard. He is the heart of the midfield, the person who drives the team forward. But he has a tendency to blast the ball from 30yards out. Not that it isn't good, but more often that not the shots meets the moon than the back of the net. Anyway, I was team-surfing when i came across van der Vaart. Those who played previous versions of FM would know that he is a real deal. Yes he is, and he has been transfer-listed by R.Madrid. But the initial £8.5m price tag is more than 4x the available transfer budget. So let's take a loan(not from RBS like what Hicks and ex-good friend Gillett did) from the cash-rich Madrid. Initial price of £1.3m with 50% wages are fine, and I even threw in the option of future fee of £6.5m! A fantastic deal!! Madrid is sure to reject the offer, asking for £7.5m as future fee. But we are all a little stingy like Hicks aren't we? So i kept up the same offer between intervals of 2 weeks till the end of the transfer window, and Madrid finally agreed. So the next problem is how do we finance the future fee? Sell redundant players. Degen and Dossena are simply not good enough for the squad, and you can sell them off to raise cash for further purchases if needed. Throw in Voronin too if you need more money. By the way, Man City bought Dossena from me for a whopping £9m!!

Recommended players (if you just can't resist buying)
DR - Kyle Naughton
DL - Joe Mattock, Vegard Forren, Sebastien Pocognoli
MC / DMC - Lee Cattermole, Tom Huddlestone, Aron Gunnarsson, Henrique
MC / AMC / AMRL - Bernardo, Ibrahim Afellay, Pablo Piatti, Tranquillo Barnetta
ST - Andre-Pierre Gignac, Dean Ashton

Formation (Defense - Defensive Mid - Midfield - Attacking Mid - Forward)
1. 4-2-0-3-1 (screenie)

I like to break away from the conventional 4-4-2 formation. I prefer a formation with narrow width, with attacks focused in the middle, hence formation 1. It has no wingers, yes no wingers, and all the 3 are AMC (van der Vaart - Gerrard - Aquilani).

When you are wining by a considerable goal margin and wish to substitute players, here goes:

Blast the goals!!
You can choose to substitute any of the AMC depending on their condition with a ST and place him with poacher or deep lying forward instructions. Mix and match to your own liking. I like to use Kuyt on the right of Torres. Kuyt really surprises me time and again..

Training:
Simon's Training
This training schedule is created by me and so far it is working fairly well, so you might wanna try it out. 8-|

FileFront is giving me problems uploading screenies but in any case, I'm leading the league; Pld 31, Won 23, Drn 8 Lst 0, For 63, Ag 14, Diff 49, Pts 77.

Pls feel free to leave any comments.. Cheers :D

another liverpool guide. lol. sell Diego Cavalieri, darby aurelio, dossena, lucas, reira, babel, kuyt, n gog and reserves. that should give you funds.

please, please, please, please use the search tool before starting a new thread, just post the guide on the other liverpool guide

i used a 4-5-1 formation that is working very well. surprisingly really. sold dossena and bought steven defour. bought him as a backup but turns out to be brilliant. n'gog is impressive scores great goals. voronin is ***** when he played and even got a viral infection and was out up to 9 friggin months. should've thought of van der vaart probably will go for him in the next transfer window. i'm looking to buy english though....

Yup I did thought of Defour but was put off by the price tag. There are quite a few cheap young AMC from Brazil. There's a young AMC from Charlton which my scouts claimed are "fairly good signing". Can't remember his name though.. You might wanna do a quick scan through the entire squad.

I'm playing Liverpoll
I buoght chiellini (25), de rossi (25), cardozo (10), jovetic (10-15), bentley (11,5)
I sold dossena, lucas, benyoun, babbel (all to Man city) around 40 for all of them, and voronin loaned to germany club.

and in the end of season: EPL cahmpionship, Champions league an FA cup runner up.
and no cheating.

now, i just start the 2nd season
got riquelme, burdiso, ivankov for free, and 30,5 budget

any recomendation who shoud i buy?

If you only made 40 million signing players and yet bought 86.5 millions worth of players, how did you not cheat?

i started game from june
and bought all of them without cash money.
all my transfer by monthly payment in 48 months.

ex: chiellini cash 0 and monthly payment 25 millions for 48 months
and when you start the game in june your budget will not cut untill transfer window open on july

just try it.

What have i started.? :(

do you ask to me?
if yes, just start a new game, and choose the league that start from june, i choose germain
and after that in game start date choose germain.

finish.

you have to sign player before july, if already in july your transfer budget will cut.

do you ask to me?
if yes, just start a new game, and choose the league that start from june, i choose germain
and after that in game start date choose germain.

finish.

you have to sign player before july, if already in july your transfer budget will cut.

No what i mean is what have i started.?

As in i was the one who started with the guides doing a Liverpool one and a Inter Milan one now everyone is doing them.

Like the links in my signature and you will see the ones so far that i have done and asked people to do.

Danny, was it alright me doing a Newcastle one?

No what i mean is what have i started.?

As in i was the one who started with the guides doing a Liverpool one and a Inter Milan one now everyone is doing them.

Like the links in my signature and you will see the ones so far that i have done and asked people to do.

ok, good to see you help people
cheers mate :)

please, please, please, please use the search tool before starting a new thread, just post the guide on the other liverpool guide
No other people don't want guides on their guides thread. Stupid idea.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

ok, good to see you help people
cheers mate :)
I think what Danny is saying is that he has created a monster with these guides.. Loads of people are making them and some of them are useless. (Not naming any specific guides)

Oh right just wondering lol. :p

i started game from june
and bought all of them without cash money.
all my transfer by monthly payment in 48 months.

ex: chiellini cash 0 and monthly payment 25 millions for 48 months
and when you start the game in june your budget will not cut untill transfer window open on july

just try it.

Liverpool has the monthly loan repayments of around £2.7m courtesy of some fat idiots, so I don't think it will be too nice to burden the club's finances with more monthly installments. However it's still a good idea if you manage to work out the balance sheets without going into administration. 8-|

I suggest that Ryan Babel to be ushered outta the club due to his lack of work rate and inconsistency.

I did not exercise the option of buying van der Vaart for £6.5m in the closing season. I managed to find another gem from Sporting CP - Simon Vukcevic, for just £6m. You would probably say that I am kinda stingy about the £500k but I just like cheap deals. If you have noticed, he is a left-footer, meaning that he will fill in the vacancy left by van der Vaart just nice.

Anyway I just finished the 1st season; won EPL and FA Cup, runner-up for League Cup (lost to Man City 1-3, **** Tevez really drives me crazy lol) and Champions League (lost to Inter Milan 0-1). Currently looking for a cheap and good deal for DC. Carragher is getting old and his stats are dropping, gotta find a protege to understudy him. Agger and Skrtel are injury-prone. The youth team leaves me without much choices. :( Anyone has recommendations? I'm prepared to fork out £5-10m.

If only Liverpool can perform like how it did in FM, wouldn't that be great?? :)

Cheers

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Was offered the Argentina national team manager after poor Maradona was sacked.. So excited, but mine was v10.0.... **** :(

Cheap DC

Hey, I like you. Great guide (training included!) and I also like to look for bargains and play the game realistically. Gabriel Milito at Barcelona's your best bet but he'd probably have been sold by now. William Gallas is available for 10m and that's really a bargain considering he's one of the best (even has decent pace).

Thanks zurask.

I saw Milito on the transfer list but his wage demands are probably sky-high. William Gallas is old. I like to find the best bargains, keeping in mind that team development is important, so that leaves me with youngsters.

If anyone wanna get dirt cheap deals, look at France or Brazil for them.

Argentina just hired me as their national team manager, and I realised that they only have ONE good natural right back - Ivan Pillud. That really sucks. I'm open to any suggestions with regards to Argentina's formations and tactics. :)