Liverpool probe player 9/11 tweet

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 2K
He's criticising people for being sheep while he follows what conspiracy websites tell him, which use far worse and deceptive journalism. Oh the irony. <3

^ And yet he follows those sheep that religiously use the social phenomenon that is twitter. Why is this country (and particularly the media and it's mindless followers) so obsessed with the lives of the rich and famous? Yawn

How are you a sheep for using Twitter? Tell the billion people on the social media sites they are all mindless sheep.

I didn't say they were mindless, just sheep. They use it to follow the lives of other people do they not? That, to me, is a sheep. I'm not saying that it doesn't have it's uses but the fact that millions do it makes no difference.

The amount of 'celebrities' I follow on twitter, is evened out by the people I actually know though, if not less. I'm sure most people are in a similar boat.

Was the Americans that did it....

GTFO into this thread if you want to be a moron and discuss it like that

Pretty stupid thing to do by Nathan but he doesn't seem the brightest so not too surprising ;)

I didn't say they were mindless, just sheep. They use it to follow the lives of other people do they not? That, to me, is a sheep. I'm not saying that it doesn't have it's uses but the fact that millions do it makes no difference.

We "follow" them because it's interesting, not because we mindlessly agree with everything they say. Twitter is the world's largest forum, basically.

We "follow" them because it's interesting, not because we mindlessly agree with everything they say. Twitter is the world's largest forum, basically.

Fair enough, whatever floats your boat. I just couldn't care less what celebs get up to but I guess I'm probably in the minority now.

Fair enough, whatever floats your boat. I just couldn't care less what celebs get up to but I guess I'm probably in the minority now.

Heh, I don't use it to follow celebrities as such. I use it to do other stuff: promote my blog, discuss football, insult Joss, the usual.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Anyway. My feelings on the original topic can be summed up thusly: Silly boy, well whatever, probably media blowing it out of proportion, /care.

I can understand people being upset with him about it, but I don't see why he should be punished for it. Maybe he's a conspiracy theorist. He hasn't really harmed anyone in this and has just voiced an opinion on a matter.

Maybe taken to the side and had a word with about what he can/should keep to himself, but shouldn't be punished imho.

Agree with DMF, yes maybe it was a bit of a silly thing to say on a public site, but isn't everyone entitled to their own opinion? Freedom of speech? Maybe a bit of media training for Nathan wouldn't go amiss, but he definitely should not be punished.

If you let the inane ramblings of 99% of Twitter users blind you to how good it can be then I feel sorry for you. If you don't follow idiots it's actually a great experience.

Back