camdnz

Reaction score
Liverpool: Rebuilding the Bastion

The great Bill Shankly once said: "My idea was to build Liverpool into a Bastion of Invincibility"

2_liverpool_logo.jpg

Preview

Shanks was successful in transforming Liverpool Football club from a Second Division side into top-flight heavyweights during his trophy-laden 15 year tenure as manager. However invincibility was never truly gained. Since his departure several great managers have followed in his footsteps, along with several not-so-great ones, and Liverpool have fallen from their perch at the pinnacle of English Football.

The Long-term Vision: Get Liverpool back to the top. Rebuild the Bastion.

The Situation: Debt-stricken, squabbling owners and amidst a 4-year trophy drought. The task is daunting, but not impossible.

Season 2009/10

Chosen Formation: 4-2-3-1
I've settled on the 4-2-3-1 primarily because of one man - Fernando Torres. The guy is perfect for the "Complete Forward" role, and I'm confident the formation will see him flourish and bang in a hatful of goals. Bringing in Van der Vaart on loan will allow me the option of dropping Gerrard back to CM and playing VDV in the AMC position if need be. I've earmarked Jesus Navas as the man to bring some much needed pace and skill to the right flank - something both Kuyt and Benayoun lack.

Transfer Activity:

IN:
Jesus Navas - £17.5m
Van der Vaart (loan) - £1.3m fee. (Future Agreed Price of £7.5m)
Thiago - £900k
Simon Vukcevic - £6m

Total - £25.75m

OUT:
Ryan Babel - £8.5m - Man City
Philipp Degen - £2.5m - Man City
Andrea Dossena - £8.5m - Stoke City
Lucas - £9.75 - Man City
Plessis - £1m - Blackpool
El Zhar - £1m - Blackpool

Total - £31.5m

This is all my transfer business for now, looking to bring in either Juan Manuel Vargas or Steven Jovetic for the LAM spot, but funds are a little tight. Gotta play first match of the season now at home to Wigan. Hopefully by the time the transfer window closes I'll have the following options (bolded names are first-choice):

Torres/Kuyt/N'Gog

Vargas/Riera/Benayoun-----Van der Vaart/Gerrard/Thiago-----Navas/Benayoun/Kuyt

Mascherano/Aquilani-----Gerrard/Aquilani/Van der Vaart

Insua/Vargas/Aurelio-----Agger/Skrtel----Carragher/Kyrgiakos-----Johnson/Carragher

Reina

YNWA​

Last edited:
another liverpool story, but good luck sell aurelio to get funds, you dont really need him. plus im my previous liverpool game van der vaart was total ****, loaned him like you did, but average rating was if i'm not wrong 6.89. get vukcevic. can play left wing, am, and cm. quality. but there need to be funds. offload some reserves.

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

what about selling voronin, plessis... dont see them in your squad. forgot to put them in the "Transfer activity (out)"?

another liverpool story, but good luck sell aurelio to get funds, you dont really need him. plus im my previous liverpool game van der vaart was total ****, loaned him like you did, but average rating was if i'm not wrong 6.89. get vukcevic. can play left wing, am, and cm. quality. but there need to be funds. offload some reserves.

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

what about selling voronin, plessis... dont see them in your squad. forgot to put them in the "Transfer activity (out)"?

Yep Plessis has been sold for 1m, will edit my original post.

Voronin I'm trying to offload but no-one has made an offer yet.

Haven't yet signed Vargas or Jovetic, might look into that Vukcevic guy instead due to his versatility.

Cheers for the advice, will post screenshots etc. once I make some decent progress! :D

babel for 8.5, degen for 2.5 and lucas for 9.75? a little low imo. i would extort more from man c if i were you :p

babel for 8.5, degen for 2.5 and lucas for 9.75? a little low imo. i would extort more from man c if i were you :p

Yeah I noticed other people had got more for them, but I had delayed confirming Jesus Navas signing so needed the money quick (Man Utd and Real Madrid were lurking for him).

Man City are great if you need to raise a bit of kitty eh :D

yeah, you sold them for too little. i sold babel and dossena to man city for 11m and 8m. degen 4.8m to stoke. lucas 10m to juventus. when you offer players to clubs try to set in "team settings" [offer 150% of player value]. this way you will get more money.

Strange start to the season. Won 4 from 4, but struggled in my first 3 and then sprung to life in the 4th match!

(Premier League) Liverpool vs. Wigan Athletic: 1-0 Benayoun

(Premier League) Liverpool vs. Stoke City: 4-3 Torres (2), Gerrard, Kitson (O.G.)

(Premier League) Portsmouth vs. Liverpool: 0-1 Carragher

(Premier League) Birmingham vs. Liverpool: 0-5 Mascherano, Van der Vaart, Torres, Gerrard (2)
The team completely came to life in this fixture. Played "contain" mentality, scored 2 quick goals then went for the jugular with "overload".

Roll on the LFC juggernaught.

League Position: 2nd.

Liverpool: Rebuilding the Bastion

The great Bill Shankly once said: "My idea was to build Liverpool into a Bastion of Invincibility"

2_liverpool_logo.jpg

Preview

Shanks was successful in transforming Liverpool Football club from a Second Division side into top-flight heavyweights during his trophy-laden 15 year tenure as manager. However invincibility was never truly gained. Since his departure several great managers have followed in his footsteps, along with several not-so-great ones, and Liverpool have fallen from their perch at the pinnacle of English Football.

The Long-term Vision: Get Liverpool back to the top. Rebuild the Bastion.

The Situation: Debt-stricken, squabbling owners and amidst a 4-year trophy drought. The task is daunting, but not impossible.

Season 2009/10

Chosen Formation: 4-2-3-1
I've settled on the 4-2-3-1 primarily because of one man - Fernando Torres. The guy is perfect for the "Complete Forward" role, and I'm confident the formation will see him flourish and bang in a hatful of goals. Bringing in Van der Vaart on loan will allow me the option of dropping Gerrard back to CM and playing VDV in the AMC position if need be. I've earmarked Jesus Navas as the man to bring some much needed pace and skill to the right flank - something both Kuyt and Benayoun lack.

Transfer Activity:

IN:
Jesus Navas - £17.5m
Van der Vaart (loan) - £1.3m fee. (Future Agreed Price of £7.5m)
Thiago - £900k
Simon Vukcevic - £6m

Total - £25.75m

OUT:
Ryan Babel - £8.5m - Man City
Philipp Degen - £2.5m - Man City
Andrea Dossena - £8.5m - Stoke City
Lucas - £9.75 - Man City
Plessis - £1m - Blackpool
El Zhar - £1m - Blackpool

Total - £31.5m

This is all my transfer business for now, looking to bring in either Juan Manuel Vargas or Steven Jovetic for the LAM spot, but funds are a little tight. Gotta play first match of the season now at home to Wigan. Hopefully by the time the transfer window closes I'll have the following options (bolded names are first-choice):

Torres/Kuyt/N'Gog​

Vargas/Riera/Benayoun-----Van der Vaart/Gerrard/Thiago-----Navas/Benayoun/Kuyt​

Mascherano/Aquilani-----Gerrard/Aquilani/Van der Vaart​

Insua/Vargas/Aurelio-----Agger/Skrtel----Carragher/Kyrgiakos-----Johnson/Carragher​

Reina

YNWA​
buy capel from sevilla