Liverpool Sign A 25 Year Old Manager - Could This Go Wrong

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS

ROY HODGSON HAS STEPPED DOWN AT LIVERPOOL AFTER A FEW DAYS DUE TO ILL HEALTH

Do to a sudden decline in health Roy Hodgson has had to step down as manager with only being their for a dew days, so with new Liverpool owners NESV coming into the club John Henry made it clear that this week he himself will be looking what internal resources he has within the club, for him to see if someone Is able to take the challenge of becoming the next Liverpool manager. Within a few hours of this being mentioned a few rumours where floating around Anfield, suggesting the next manager could be Ian Rush. When Ian Rush was confronted by the daily mail outside his Liverpool home he released a statement saying:

“ I will not become the next Liverpool manager I am happy to be apart of the director of football and helping the young talented strikers to become the next Liverpool legend just like how I was, I have suggested a local young talented manager to Mr Henry, which he will be looking at him self, thank you for your time.”

A few days after Ian Rush released the statement, the Liverpool board came to a conclusion of giving a young “talented” manager named Leigh Jones the opportunity to manage his favourite team, but he was given a trial which he had to impress with the signings and seeing if he will be able to step up to the challenge of winning his pre-season games to keep his job, which if Leigh Jones does this successfully then he will be given to Christmas to be challenging for that top 4 place.

Leigh Jones has a lot of history behind him at Liverpool even at the age of 25; he is the youngest manager to ever step up for the challenge. With being at Liverpool since the age of 16, he came into the club as a project which Liverpool was doing at the time. This was to bring in young business minded students who finished there high school exams and then would be sponsored by the club to, go off and get more qualifications and also manage some of there set ups and one day become a world recognised manager. With managing the youth set up he had started winning numerous of trophies they entered into. With spending 2 years with the under 16’s, Leigh Jones got given a chance to manage the under 18’s seen as he was there age as well Liverpool thought he would be able to connect with the players a lot more, which was successful, with winning the league and youth cup, so Liverpool left the youngster to keep managing the youth set up and getting new talented local youngsters in and let Leigh Jones train them up, the Liverpool board couldn’t be even more happier with Leigh Jones and themselves for taking the risk to run this program.

John Henry came out to the press with Leigh Jones and Captain Steven Gerrard by his side and released this statement,

“I have every bit of faith with Mr Jones becoming the next manager; I know a lot of you are thinking we must be mad coming into Liverpool and giving a young talented businessman the chance to manage a well founded club. But through tense interviews and watching how Mr Jones had driven his teams within Liverpool to success, then I have every little bit of faith in him”

Steven Gerrard also stated:

“A lot of the players around Liverpool especially in the first team are a excited to have a manager around our ages, this is due to we think we are more able to speak to Mr Jones in more of a relaxed way with being around the same ages of the players and any trouble we are having with performances and that we should be able to connect with Mr Jones, on behalf of the Liverpool squad we are very excited to see what he will bring.”

[FONT=&quot]With the press conference ending Mr Henry and Captain Steven Gerrard both shook the hand of the new manager Mr Jones which concluded the interview. With Mr Jones stating that he will try and achieve getting Liverpool into the top 4, he was given a transfer budget of 25million and a 1.4 million wage budget which 1.2 million is already being used at this moment in time.
[/FONT]
Can Mr Jones get the wins in pre season and show the board he is capable and can he prove his way till Christmas and then end of the season? Who knows but we will sure find out.

Last edited:
Anything and Everything can go wrong. Text slightly too big.