Liverpool -- So Close Last Year, Can they finally do it?

SamPeters

Reaction score
liverpool-logo-png.png

I had a long thought about starting a new game that I want to stick to and I think Liverpool can be the one, They have some great players there and I think Top 4 this season but hopefully we can challenge for the title!

Key Players

Steven Gerrard - The captain is entering his last year of his contract but I will hope I can sign him to a new one to atleast next season then join the coaching staff

Raheem Sterling - The young English winger will be a key player for us this season and he can prove why everyone thinks he is one of England's great young talents

Coutinho: The Brazilian will be a key playmaker this season and will be a great asset.

Daniel Sturridge: The English striker will be our number one striker no matter what the formation will be.

liverpool-logo-png.png

Transfer Targets

I will be looking to bring 1 or maybe 2 goalkeepers into the club to compete with Mignolet for the starting role, I may also look at a central defender

I am not really sure if anywhere else needs strengthening at the moment but may look at young players to send on loan this season and bring them in next season

Simone scuffet - udinese goalkeeper

winston Reid -west ham cb
jesus Vallejo Zaragoza cb
kongolo feyernoord cb

luka jovic complete forward -red star
dorin rotariu - winger, plays just as well as wide midfielder and isn't bad playing off the striker -dynamo Bucharest

liverpool-logo-png.png

Pre-Season 2014

Transfers
27yadly.jpg

Fixtures
2jh8r9.jpg

Overall
I am happy with our Pre-Season apart from the last match but I don't really look at results, I look at Pre-Season for the fitness of players.

I will talk more about the transfers in the next update when I do a round up of all my transfers.

Nice start mate!
I played a 4-2-3-1 with sterling as an inside forwar, markovic as a winger, coutinho a shadow striker and sturridge the complete forward
Romero and henderson played deeper in the midfield..went top of the league in november and never looked back...and plz put Mario Balotelli on the bench and sell him later thats very importsnt

liverpool-logo-png.png

August 2014

Transfers
23r4wg6.jpg

Timo Horn: I felt I needed another Goalkeeper who can compete with Mignolet for the Number One Spot in the team, He is young as well so he could develop into a great Liverpool goalkeeper!

Lewis Dunk: May be a surprise for everyone but I feel he has enough quality to be a good back up for us.

Joe Gomez: I feel with the right development that he can become a top center defender but I also felt with the players we have that Gomez would struggle to get in the side this season so I sent him back to Charlton on loan for the season.

Kristoffer Ajer: This signing was another example of what we are looking to do, young players will be the future of this club and I feel Kristoffer can become a legend here

707817d1329836870-liverpool-f-c-5-year-plan-bpl-barclays-premier-league-logo.png

Hull City 3-4 Liverpool

(4-2-3-1) Starting 11: Horn; Manquilo - Skrtel - Sakho - Moreno; Can (Ajer - 60 Minutes) - Henderson; Markovic (Borini - 61 Minutes) - Gerrard (Suso - Half Time) - Sterling; Sturridge

Subs Not Used: Dunk - Enrique - Balotelli - Lambert

Goalscores: Daniel Sturridge - 14 + 17 + 78 Minutes, Jordan Henderson - 52 Minutes

Man of the Match: Daniel Sturridge

Manager Comments: What a match to start the season on and I am delighted that Sturridge has started off with a hat-trick for us
707817d1329836870-liverpool-f-c-5-year-plan-bpl-barclays-premier-league-logo.png

Liverpool 5
-2 Burnley

(4-2-3-1) Starting 11: Mignolet; Johnson - Skrtel - Lovren (Can - Half Time) - Flanagan; Ajer - Gerrard (Lucas - Half Time); Sterling - Coutinho - Suso; Balotelli (Lambert - 61 Minutes)

Subs Not Used: Enrique - Henderson - Markovic - Sturridge

Goalscorers: Mario Balotelli - 21 Minutes, Raheem Sterling - 73 Minutes, Suso - 80 + 86 Minutes, Rickie Lambert - 85 Minutes

Man of the Match: Suso

Manager Comments: A brilliant victory here today and great to some the players who got on the scoresheet!

Manchester City 2-4 Liverpool

(4-3-2-1) Starting 11: Horn; Manqulio - Skrtel - Sakho - Enrique; McLaughlin (Johnson - 60 Minutes) - Henderson - Markovic (Gerrard - Half Time); Sterling - Coutinho (Suso - 60 Minutes); Sturridge

Subs Not Used: Can - Ajer - Borini - Balotelli

Goalscorers: Steven Gerrard - 50 Minutes, Suso - 63 Minutes, Daniel Sturridge - 83 + 90+2 Minutes

Man of the Match: Daniel Sturridge

Manager Comments: A brilliant away victory here at Manchester City! the players were just amazing today, Big shout out to Ryan McLaughlin today who made his debut in such a big game and played well!

Overall Comments: What an amazing month! Could not have asked for a better start!

Team Competition
Barclays Premiership: 1st
237c0o.jpg

Capital One Cup: 3rd Round vs Manchester United
UEFA Champions League: Group Stage
b5qyc2.jpg

FA Cup: Not Yet Entered

Player Stats
Top Goalscorer: Daniel Sturridge - 5
Most Assists: Lucas Leiva + Philippe Coutinho + Lazar Markovic - 2
Most Man of the Matches: Daniel Sturridge - 2
Yellow Cards: Jose Enrique - 1
Red Cards: None
Top Rating: Daniel Sturridge - 9.10

My Player of the Month
daniel-sturridge-liverpool.jpg

Daniel Sturridge
What an amazing month here, 5 goals already this season! will be a major part of our season.

Club News!
r86r6b.jpg

Young Player of the Month!
Suso has also been great for us this month and picked up the Young Player of the Month award for the Premiership, 3 goals and 1 assist this month for the young Spanish player