Kalil

Reaction score
Curently about to start my 3rd season with Liverpool and I'm looking to strengthen the squad. This season Gerrard will be phased out but I think my midfield is pretty strong with Henderson, Florenzi, Lucas, Iancu, Countinho, Allen and Papadoupoulos (trained as a BWM-CM) plus a few regens and youngsters as noted below. My strike force may be a little weak given its Suarez, Sturridge and Jelavic plus a 17 year old regen but I largely play with a sole striker. Coutinho is also trained as a striker for back up. My defence was strengthened with Alex Sandro and Clyne to supplement Glen Johnson, Luis Enrique was let go. Eder Balanta and Sakho are my main pairing with Agger and Papadopolous backing them up plus a regen or youngster.

Its 1st July 2015, I have 51.33m and ample wage budget having let go of a couple high earners who were edged out by others. My squad has an average age of 24 but this is misleading as its probably younger than that effectivfely given the lessened playing time for Reina and Gerrard, as well as Jelavic and Johnson so I am thinking a 26+ year old would add a bit more experience.

Last year I came 2nd in the EPL, quarter finals of the CL and did reasonable in the cups. So I have European football to attract decent players, money to spend and want to avoid 'second season' devolution that I avoided last season and fear this season.

I use ASMFCv5.7 by ASMFC, TFF_CROSS_V2 by TotalFootballFan and Darrens Dynamic 4-2-3-1 (from FM-Scout, counter attack tactic). ASMFCv5.7 is a back 4 with a BWM-D as DM. 2 CM-Auto, 2 wingers on attack and a CF-A up front. TFF Cross is an attacking tactic with a back 4, BWM-S as DM, 3 CM-As, an SS and a DLF-S.

Id post the links to the tactics but given an inability to post links as a new poster Im unable to give full credit where its due.

So who do I buy to strengthen the team?

First team squad as follows (subs in parentheses):

Goalkeepers - Mignolet (Reina - interchangeable really given their form for me last season)

Full backs - Sandro, Clyne (regen, Johnson and Kelly - probably getting rid of Kelly)

CBs - Balanta and Sakho (Agger, Papadopoulos, Wisdom, Kelly and a regen)

BWMs or DMs - Lucas (Papadopoulos, Pugliese, Allen - Could get rid of Allen)

CMs, BBM, DLP - Henderson and Florenzi (Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Gauld, Will Hughes)

AMC, SS - Coutinho (Florenzi, Hughes, Henderson, Gauld, Suso, Suarez, Iancu)

Wingers etc - Coutinho and Suarez (Sturridge, Henderson, Ibe, Sterling, Iancu, Suso, Gauld)

Striker - Sturridge (Suarez, Jelavic, regen)

Im thinking perhaps a new striker with a good reputation to get the fans pumped and too allow Suarez to continue playing out wide?

Cheers for any responses, be happy to field any queries.

Edit: Using LFCMarshall's Transfer Update.

Last edited:
Balls to it. Signed Draxler for his minimum release fee of 38.5mill and will move Coutinho up front to cover there while also rotating in and out with Draxler while the latter settles.

Draxler is pretty good but that was an expensive signing. I would have suggested Insigne. You can usually get him for just 15m early and he develops into a beast. I think the problem I had starting with Liverpool was the depth in the midfield. Gerrard is awesome but he will soon be on his last legs. I suggest getting a guy like Lucas Romero for around 15m. He turns into an absolute terror on the pitch as far as his all round skills and physicality. I also like Morgan Schneiderlin from Tottenham for 15-20m if you are looking to add an experienced but talented midfielder. Good luck in your save! I just won the premier league again with my Liverpool squad. But Man United was breathing heavy down my neck the whole time! Table: http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab312/goraiden/EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-9.png

Thanks, Insigne is already at Arsenal and doing well for them. Papadopoulos is doing a job now in midfield as an enforcer while Florenzi has just about peaked and can play as a BBM, CM, AM and on the wings so thats been sufficient but I should really drop Allen and start playing Iancu plus Pugliese more. Gauld too...Lucas Romero was picked up for 25m by PSG so that ruled him out!

Congrats on your victory, whats your first team?

True but somewhat of a moot point as Schneiderlin is at AC Monaco and my scouts reckon 41m is the minimum offer it would take currently. Still, have Papadop, Lucas with Pugliese coming through. Cheers for the comments though!

if your looking for a CM i highly recommend S'Nzonzi or Ashley Westwood

Get Varratti in the middle. Mitrovic or Volland upfront. Umtiti, Varane, Ginter or Marquinhos at CB if you can afford them.

if your looking for a CM i highly recommend S'Nzonzi or Ashley Westwood

Will look into them, thanks. As it stands Henderson, florenzi, Hughes and at times draxler are doing a job but good to look into new names.

Get Varratti in the middle. Mitrovic or Volland upfront. Umtiti, Varane, Ginter or Marquinhos at CB if you can afford them.

Verrati is well out of budget while umtiti is at arsenal. Either way sakho and balanta and doing a great job with agger, a regen and papadops doing great. No other CXB is needed ATM and I've got two regents on loan that can come through in a pinch. Cheers for some new names though.

Best get to bed, rolled one for the missus but that's just a wee delay!

Cross_v2 is a sick tactic but a bit congested. Not found one that works as well though after trying 6 others

Sent by fappin