Liverpool stadium problems

Bully31

Reaction score
I've been reading up on here that if you're manager of liverpool and you want a new stadium then you have to win every trophey in 1 season (or something like that). 2 seasons ago i won everything apart from the euro super cup, last season i won everything (see pic)

woneverything.jpg

What else do i have to do to get this new stadium??:S

The club has to have a good economy and and a full stadium every home match.

The club has to have a good economy and and a full stadium every home match.

Just getting a bit frustrated seeing as i have almost £100m in the bank and full every match and i've won near enough everything for the last 2 seasons

Just getting a bit frustrated seeing as i have almost £100m in the bank and full every match and i've won near enough everything for the last 2 seasons

100 million quid might just get you a 20 000 seater. You need a lot more money than that - the board may take out a loan to cover part of the cost, but it's unlikely.

Stadiums like the one Liverpool would want to build would likely cost £500m odd in real life.

I had £150m in the bank with QPR and I'm still sitting in a 25,000 seater stadium. It is full every week, I have finished 5th two years in a row and won the League cup and Uefa cup.

I think it is all down to getting big dough in the bank to be honest, winning stuff won't get you a stadium.

with liverpool, they dont build , unless the debts get paid off, so you will need to wait or hope some foriegn billionaire takes over pretty soon

with liverpool, they dont build , unless the debts get paid off, so you will need to wait or hope some foriegn billionaire takes over pretty soon

The debts were paid off 2 seasons ago and i've just been taken over by another board member that said he's not going to put any money into the club. Looks like i'll have to win everything again and sell a few star players

IM in the year 2026 won the league 4 years in a row champions league twice and had about 80 million in the bank and the board built a new stadium with 59876 all seater with a retractable roof which cost about 250 million but sold naming rights for 67 million but stadium named after me

New Stadium it is!!!

Just registered to show you this. I had a great financial control, meaning (all in EURO):
1.wages below the maximum (+/- 150K-200K less) by getting rid off high paid players (ie.Alonso, later substituted by Camacho)
2. Sold mid-level players (Aurelio-5m, Lucas-27m, Reira-10, Benayoun-12m, Keane -23.5m) getting replacements much cheaper and much younger. However trick was not to cash-in right away. Keane's fee was set a 24month payable, that is why i was able to get so much. At the end, money I received monthly for players sold was a little bit more than my loan was (4.3m a month), so I was covered.
3.the most important thing - win as much as possible. I mean EPL and CL. That is where the money is, especially CL. I won it in my 2nd and 4th season.

Dont get me wrong. I also spent big - but also paying less for players with different clauses (3m after 50league appearances, 25% from profit of next sale, etc) At the end you do not put all your money on the table. You have to be crazy to deal cash here :p Check out the real Real Madrid - who has all the money they paid for Ronaldo, Kaka and maybe(!) Benzema?

I asked the board in my 2nd season to expand the stadium but they told me there is no space.

At the end - new stadium to be build in 2013, with 58761 capacity, roof, undersoil heating for 339m minus 84m for selling Anfield. I only wish they named it after me (H).Or maybe they will.;) :D Also new loan was taken to cover the stadium cost - 238m until 2042. On top of that I got a new stadium sponsorship deal: 15 year, 6.25m a year until 2027.
picture.php
picture.php
Good luck!!! LFC 4 Ever!!

Last edited:
Stadium Madness

Hello folks, first post but I'm a FM veteran I have just under £300m in the bank with Liverpool pre-season 15/16 and still no stadium.. I'm gonna go mad. I'm gonna keep building my balance & see what it takes...my youth system usually has 80 players a year on loan....its a factory. I'll keep updated if I have any success.:S

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:40 PM ----------

I did it Hooray!

The Liverpool board have today announced that the club have been granted planning permission to build a new stadium.
Construction of Henderson Arena, named in honour of the club's greatest manager, will cost around £278M, although this figure will be offset by the £67M the club will receive by selling Anfield.
The board have secured a loan of £7.74M to help finance the stadium project.
Additional funding for the project has been secured with a stadium sponsorship deal worth £75M.
The new stadium is scheduled to be finished on Monday 25th June 2018 and will boast undersoil heating, a retractable roof and a capacity of around 59847.

I won the European Cup and became LFC's most successful manager ever and the Board announced this within a week...had the cash needed too. Keep on believing!