mattk lfc

Reaction score
Playing as Liverpool using Marshalls Transfer Update v7.

Havent bought or sold any players yet but finished 4th in the league and need a lot more quality to compete in Champions League.

Current Line-Up is this.

GK Reina - Sweeper Keeper - Defend
RB Johnson - Wing Back - Attack
CB Agger - Centre Back - Defend
CB Coates - Limited - Defend
LB Enrique - Full Back - Attack
RM Henderson - Wide Mid - Attack
CM Lucas - Ball Winning - Defend
CM Gerrard - DLP - Support
LM Downing - Winger - Attack
ST Suarez - Poacher - Attack
ST Carroll - Target Man - Attack

Any ideas for improvements? Will have around 60m in total to improve.

Better LB and RB, Recommend Benoit Tremoulais as LB, he'll cost you 15 million... RB: Go for Srna world class RB plays for Shakhtar Donetsk... Replace Henderson with someone decent.

Buy Hazard if he not already taken.

you need a striker

and a full back is last... for who ever performed weakest cus both enrique and johnson are good enough tbh

i personally think enrique is class but johnson isnt..i defiantly think a new winger is needed becasue henderson isnt that good at the start and doesnt get that good...someone who can cross for any carroll...would make suarez a treq or poacher...depends how you want carroll and suarez to link up...

Cheers for the suggestions guys. Gonna keep full backs I think, cos without spending a fortune I can't improved them much, maybe get a backup CB. Eyeing up an unhappy Modric and Robinho who would both cost around 18m each. Worth it? Who else should I buy as well?

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

i personally think enrique is class but johnson isnt..i defiantly think a new winger is needed becasue henderson isnt that good at the start and doesnt get that good...someone who can cross for any carroll...would make suarez a treq or poacher...depends how you want carroll and suarez to link up...
May get a new ST and use Carroll as back up cos he just never seems to score and has been consistently poor all season

would they both get game time?...would modric overtake gerrard as the creative mastermind?...and robinhos wages might be quite hefty?...you know how those brazilians are like! :p

Signed Modric, will use Gerro and him at CM both Support. Gave up on Robinho because as you said he wants over 200k a week :O. Got Renato Augusto for 2m which I couldnt pass up, he can play on both wings. ST, CB & RM (maybe) still needed

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

May get a new ST and use Carroll as back up cos he just never seems to score and has been consistently poor all season[/QUOTE]

try carroll as a target man with to head...make him hold up the ball and play in suarez, you should get goals from their link up play as it should be a good partnership...maybe buy a back up stricker as bellamy is your only decent back up as ngog has gone

Sign Papadopoulos if you can, he's fairly cheap and doesn't want stupid wages.
Turns into one of the best defenders on the game within a season or two.

Try Erick Torres for ST, he's young and already a pretty solid poacher. Not many teams go for him so could get him for 2-3mil if he's not moved club yet.

Those two should set you back about 20mil depends on where Torres is.

For RM you could try Elia or Payet, although with Augusto and Hendo you might not want to bother.

Yeah that's what I was doing last season but he only scored 11 in 34. Got Kuyt for ST as well. Any ideas for backup ST? Thinking of Sturridge or Bendtner - who scored 20+ league goals last season so don't laugh :p both around 12m

Yeah that's what I was doing last season but he only scored 11 in 34. Got Kuyt for ST as well. Any ideas for backup ST? Thinking of Sturridge or Bendtner - who scored 20+ league goals last season so don't laugh :p both around 12m
Bendtner lmao! I'm sorry i couldn't help myself :(

Got Sturridge on loan with future fee of 10m which I thought was very good. Sorted for ST but may look at Torres cos I've seen him mentioned a lot. Toying between Hummels and Kjaer for 20m each or any others?

bendtner is **** on two plates...what type of striker are you looking for?

For backup ST, anyday Kadlec. If he is already taken, which I presume is the case, try Lacina Traore. I don't know but you could try Adriano (Corinthians), he is pretty good for a strike partner with Suarez, though I prefer one-striker systems esp the 4-2-3-1. So not really sure how two strikers together (Adriano and Suarez) will work out.

Try buying Tom Cairney (Hull) or Sergi Roberto (Barca) in the game-both turn out to be awesome mids within a season. (Cairney got World Player of the Year just four seasons into his Liverpool career). For RM, try Payet. And yeah, Erick Torres is awesome :p

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Cahill for 13-15 if I am not mistaken.

Signed Kjaer for 15m and got a transfer listed Adebayor for 5m which seemed good cos I know he's good from my other saves. Think im sorted now, cheers for all the help

Target Men Tend Not To Score So Don't Expect Carrol To Score Loads. How Many Assists Did He HAve?

A big difference for me is to play Carroll as Target man support and play the ball to his feet rather than head. This seems to get him on the ball more and he sets up loads of goals for Suarez. Last season he had 13 pl goals and 23 assists where as Suarez got 28 pl goals for me.

For CB go for Sebastian Toro if he can get a WP. Quality young defender and has good potential :)
Plays for Colo Colo in Chile if im not mistaken