DannyLFC1892

Reaction score
I'm 7 games into my 3rd season with Liverpool and I'm conceding a ridiculous amount of goals. Won the league 2nd season conceding 30 goals, but this season after 7 games I've already let in 10!

I've attached a screenshot of my squad and tactics, I only signed 3 players during the summer and the only change I've made at the back is bringing in Juan Sanchez Mino at left back.

This is my current squad and formation: Tactics this season: Games played: Tactics last season:

View attachment 466133 View attachment 466132 View attachment 466130 View attachment 466131

Any ideas why I might be getting ripped apart at the back? Also no matter who I play up front, they play poor. Falcao has managed just 1 goal in 6 games whereas last season he scored 17 goals in 17 apps. Sturridge also went 3-4 games without a goal with a rating as low as 5.40!

Last edited:
I'm 7 games into my 3rd season with Liverpool and I'm conceding a ridiculous amount of goals. Won the league 2nd season conceding 30 goals, but this season after 7 games I've already let in 10!

I've attached a screenshot of my squad and tactics, I only signed 3 players during the summer and the only change I've made at the back is bringing in Juan Sanchez Mino at left back.

This is my current squad and formation: Tactics this season: Games played: Tactics last season:

View attachment 392975 View attachment 392976 View attachment 392978 View attachment 392977

Any ideas why I might be getting ripped apart at the back? Also no matter who I play up front, they play poor. Falcao has managed just 1 goal in 6 games whereas last season he scored 17 goals in 17 apps. Sturridge also went 3-4 games without a goal with a rating as low as 5.40!

In the first pic Falcao was a poacher but in the 2nd he is a CF maybe change that back.

In the first pic Falcao was a poacher but in the 2nd he is a CF maybe change that back.

Yep tried that already, I've put him in every role apart from target man. Threatened to transfer list him unless he starts performing as well and still no luck.

I don't understand how I'm conceding so many goals, and my strikers not scoring enough, the goals conceded aren't all the same either, some are from crosses, some set pieces and others are just placed shots. I changed back to last seasons tactics which won me the league and the same thing happened. Falcao has now managed just 7 goals in 18 apps!
I set training workload to very high in defending for a week as well and still concede far too many goals. I'd rather win 1-0 every game than win 3-2, 4-3...

You may want to look at changing formation, your back four have no protect and if they are struggling, they could use the extra help. Maybe a Anchorman, Defence Midfielder or possibly Deep Lying Playmaker depending on your teams playing style. Are you getting the most out of your players? It sound like you may not. Other than that I think you'd have to watch full matches to see where the mistakes and chances are coming from, and keep an eye on your teams morale. Do you use any other formation? If not maybe the game has got use to the way your team plays.

Lol, Just read message before mine that sorted your problem good luck.

Probably one of the best matches we have watched this season. Liverpool have certainly improved in the last few weeks and are now gelling together as a good team. Looking forward to the return of Sturridge.
Tonight Liverpool were a match for and played better than Chelsea. YNWA...