paddyman123

Reaction score
I'am really struggling with this game.

I playing as Liverpool, picked up Ba' on his 7mill release (Spread over 40 months)

I pay 4-1-2-2-1 (Shows as 4-3-3)

I cannot stop loosing or drawing, its driving me insane. Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks

PS - Destroyed FM12 with these tatics?

Dont think FM 12 tactics will work with the match engine and stuff lots of people struggling with tactics, think will just have to wait for full release for bugs to be fixed mate.

How or you playing and where do things go wrong ? Is it that you get hit on the counter, fail to create good chances, create but miss them, give away too much possession, the opponent scores from outnumbering your defence, the oppenent gets too much time on the ball in advanced positions leading to quality shots, t-balls and crosses etc ?

I'am leaking way to many goals from crosses, usually giving the game away to a lot weaker teams

Crosses seem to be a bit of an issue at the moment with the match engine, the update has helped out a lot but they still happen a lot.
I wouldn't worry about tactics a huge amount atm with the game still in beta, they'll be sorting out the match engine and a few others thing out before full release.

So how do I win in the mean time, I love the general feel and play of the game

I am playing the updated beta and have not conceded more than 3 goals from crosses in 14 matches. The key is to not let the opponent have too much time on the ball. Tight makring along with a high pressing system of the wingers.

And do you mean high pressure on the wingers, show onto weaker foot always close down?

And do you mean high pressure on the wingers, show onto weaker foot always close down?

The wingers and the ones providing their support. The things is, the crosses is not the problem. Its just the outcome of the players getting too much time ( and space) on the ball, them being able to put in quality balls. And if the rest of defence are standing still are being passive, they cant handle the acurate cross against the far post, the space where an opponent has moved into. If the opponent insetad has to deliever a cross in haste, it will lack quality and the far post opponent wont have gotten there in time.

One thing you cant do anything about though is the fact that goalkeepers are far too passiv, not going out for balls. Here, and engine update is in need.

Closing down wingers full backs and CM's I haven't conceded any from crosses and beat Man City 3-2 happy now :)

Closing down wingers full backs and CM's I haven't conceded any from crosses and beat Man City 3-2 happy now :)

Good job ! If you want another hint to try, why not let one of your MCs have a reallym, really attacking mentality alsong with runs from deep set to often. Dont let him dribble to much with the ball though. Try it for 45 minutes and watch the full game and see if you can spot a difference in the attacking build up, how he links up with the striker