Jimmmy

Reaction score
View attachment 332041
View attachment 332039

Due to a save malfunction I am starting a newer bigger and better Liverpool career save on FM15. Once again I intend to play this as realistically as possible as if this was a real life situation, so that basically means the following:
- No snapping up wonderkids that in real life nobody at Liverpool would of heard of.
- No outrageous transfer fees or wages on players of staff that would happen in IRL.
- Nothing that wouldn't fit in with a real life situation.

The main goals I will have for my 1st season are:
- Focus on youth players from both in and out of the clubs setup.
- Get their coaching, physios and scouts to a level where they can train/heal/find that I will need.
- Bring their facilities up to a world class level
- Secure champions cup Qualification

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Speculation

View attachment 331882

View attachment 331881

Rumours are swirling around the club about who will be the next Liverpool manager, many members of the media are claiming to have inside knowledge that a Ex-New Zealand International is the boards first choice for the role, amid these rumours we here at Sky Sports decided to have a look at the man in question a Mr Jimmy Wells.

View attachment 331874

View attachment 331873 Amid these growing rumours Steven Gerard has gone on record to address fans concerns about the ppossibilityof Jimmy Wells becoming Liverpool's new manager stating "I'm sure whoever the board decides to put their faith in will be the best person for the job and will have the full backing of myself and the team", when asked if he new who the new manager was he laughed the question off by replying "I would hardly tell you would I!"
So the question remains, who will be taking on the Liverpool managerial role.

He got the job

View attachment 331858
Liverpool have taken a perhaps bold move by announcing previously untested Jimmy Wells as their new manager after Brendan Rodgers stepped down The ex-New Zealand international is reportedly delight to be given this chance to hone his managerial skills at Anfield. This is Wells first managerial role and this is sure to be a giant jump for him with many claiming he doesn't have what it takes to succeed with a team like Liverpool.

View attachment 331859

View attachment 331857

Anfield is Liverpool F.C.s home stadium. It is a Football stadium in Anfield, Liverpool, England which has a seating plan of 45,276 making it the seventh largest football stadium in England. It has been the home of Liverpool F.C. since their formation in 1892.

Its open season

View attachment 331631
View attachment 331637
View attachment 331636Bonazzoli is a (in my opinion) true bargain as is available to sign right of the bat at the beginning of the game from Inter and for only 1 million pounds plus extra fees, he is an excellent striker of the ball, has a real commanding presence inside the box and has a high determination which will mean he is always motivated to put for a spot in the team. He will develop well if you give him enough game time, his off the ball stat is way lower than I would like but since he grows so fast with an individual focus it should develop nicely. So glad to have got him.View attachment 331635

Ajer is a towering young defensive/ central midfielder was an absolute bargain as I managed to get him for only 1.3 million pounds, and he is in the form of his life with a rating of 7.68 at his previous club he has all round solid stats most notably his vision which is amazing considering he is only 16 years old. He is hopefully going to be at the club for a very long time and play a big part in any future success's.

I managed to cause Ruben Neves to have a row with his manager after declaring my interest in signing him and by having my offer rejected, but as always FCP will hold onto him no matter what. although I did notice that he has a release clause of 17 million so in maybe two years time when he may be worth 17 million I may use that clause.
View attachment 331634

View attachment 331434
View attachment 331435
View attachment 331437
Valetin Cojocaru is a great young goalkeeper who I managed to sign for 5 million he is really tall and has a great command area which is something I always look for in my goalkeepers plus he has a professional attitude towards his training which will be good for his development.

View attachment 331438

Borini came to me and said he had heard that Inter was interested in signing him, once it became clear that he wasn't going to stay, I placed him on the transfer list and Inter paid 9 million for him, I'm ok with it as I don't see him getting much game time as he would just be used as injury cover, there were some nerves from my side as he was recovering from a small injury and there was a chance he may fail his medical but he passed thankfully.

Andrija Zivkovic is a player I have had my eye on for a while now so I decided to sign in order to add some depth to my wings and he was really reasonable with his wage demands, so I'm glad he has signed.
View attachment 331436

View attachment 331415
A good solid preseason with fitness and rotation the key factor of it for me, the only major injury's were Gerrard getting a thigh strain for 2 weeks that I can deal with, but Johnson breaking his ankle and being expected to be out for up to 3 months is not good at all.
I offered Gerrard anew contract which he gratefully accepted which ties him down for another 2 years which will probably be his last. The fans were happy which meant the board was happy which makes my life easier.

View attachment 331419
The board have announced their expectations for the coming season, I feel that all are achievable although I normally have a bad time in the FA Cup so I will probably crash out early in that, my transfer budget is looking ok but since there is nobody else at the moment I want to sign unless a real bargain appears, I'll probably adjust the budget to increase my wage allowance to allow me more flexibility in offering contracts and speaking of contracts.....

View attachment 331417I offered Gerrard anew contract which he gratefully accepted which ties him down for another 2 years which will probably be his last. The fans were happy which meant the board was happy which makes my life easier.

View attachment 331418

View attachment 331416
The first game of the seasons was away against Hull and I was looking forward to it Hull had had a miserable preseason and I was ready to come out firing, fitness levels were good and the team was becoming familiar with the tactics so all sign were pointing towards it it being a good curtain raiser to my season.

View attachment 331241View attachment 331244
Definitely not our best performance despite the result some key players failed to fire and and some of the players tactics need adjusting, but I'm really pleased for Bonazzoli scoring on his debut and he kept getting in good positions which was pleasing. But we will need to step things up for future opponents.

View attachment 331243

The Leicester game was a beauty to watch as it was full of fast attacking football and some magnificent individual performances which were key to the victory.

View attachment 331242

I'm really pleased with this last gasp victory, sure we blew a two goal lead but we were lucky to be up by that much. Emre Can's late goal was an absolute ripper as well so I'm happy with beating Man City plus it also means we are the top scoring team in the league right now.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
View attachment 331240
Goes to the new boy Federico Bonazzoli for scoring two goals in two games and getting the all important winning strike against Hull plus he has been going great in training and looks like he will be the signing of the season of he continues like this!View attachment 331239

Last edited:
View attachment 331252View attachment 331251

View attachment 700417

Liverpool have finally returned to The Champions Cup and with a second place finish in the EPL the previous season. They have been seeded at 3rd for the draw.
View attachment 331250
I would have preferred an easier draw but it is still manage able, its still not the easiest of groups but definitely not the hardest, I feel I've a good chance of getting past the group stages if I get of to a good start and fulfilling the boards expectation of getting into the first knockout round.

View attachment 331207View attachment 331206Overall pleased with how this transfer season went, I think I maybe could have gotten less for Cojocaru and Zivkovic but I'm still glad I got them and can't wait to see how they preform although I think I will loan out Zivkovic as I'm already really strong in the attacking midfielder department.

View attachment 331205
No mass player exodus's just Borini and Ward leaving for ok amounts, I might have been able to get more if I had waited but I prefer to have the money in my pocket than in future sales.

View attachment 331027
A good month all-round things are going really well, the squad is gelling and playing really well. I had my doubts with how they would preform with the fixture congestion so some rotation was in order to keep everyone nice and fresh and the rotation options did well and gave us some results.

View attachment 331028
A strong display to start the month against Aston Villa, a tough loss to Atletico then two good wins against Swansea and Q.P.R. The Burnley game was an amazing come from behind win and to top off a very good month a 6-3 smashing of PSG, was the highlight.

View attachment 331026
The Burnley game was an absolute thriller went were 3 down after 17 minutes and the score stayed the same till half time, when I pulled out the hairdryer treatment and boy did it work! We finally started playing properly and ended up winning 4-3!

View attachment 331022
View attachment 331021

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
View attachment 331024View attachment 331023
POM definitely goes to Raheem Sterling for some electric displays down the right wing with an average rating of 8.30 including the winning goal against Burnly

Awesome

Interesting read! Liverpool it seems is sorted in Attacking mids for next ten years! Bakkali can be bought as Bosman. Maybe go for Balanta too as Liverpool is linked with him since the summer. A great great read.

Any chance you could post your team player roles and team instructions?