Liverpool told to buy Asian stars

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 3K
You'd be half right Sam, He is Asian and plays for Inter, but he's Japanese.

Yuto Nagatomo, on loan from Cesena, Left back, played well against Cagliari when I watched it.
Small chance of getting him, hes displaced David Santon (who is nw on loan at Cesena as part of the swap), and they may yet make the deal permanent

Small chance of getting him, hes displaced David Santon (who is nw on loan at Cesena as part of the swap), and they may yet make the deal permanent

I hear he is like 5ft 5 as well, strange Defender size. Although Evra seems to get away with it :)

Saw this on SNN this morning , I instantly thought of the 'Increase of merchandise sales' message on FM :)

Honda would be nice.

Hopefully Australians count as Asian as well.

I think Robbie Fowler going playing over there is big enough incentive for Australians to support Liverpool.

Id really like us to go for Shinji Kagawa from Dortmund. Not only would he be a cash cow but he could actually do a good job for us in midfield and is versatile. Really hope we go for him in the summer.Obviously him or Honda are the 2 most well known Asian players that will be available this season. :)

How about Honda and the korean guy who plays for monaco, we were looking at him last year but he got injured, seems a decent player

Shinji Kagawa amyone?

Don't know much about him tbh.

That's the problem isn't it ? We might notice a few decent Asian players at a WC, but they soon are forgotten - by me at least. Not enough exposure to western TV perhaps. Not many become stars when they move to Russia, Italy ect; Too much of a culture shock maybe. There's only Honda that I can think of.

I'd have a problem if we got in an Asian footballer just for the sponsor's benefit - if he's just an average player I mean. He'd have to be Honda or someone of his class.

Keisuke Honda, Shinji Kagawa & Lee Chung-Yong are amazing players and really under rated in my opinion.

I think Lee Chung Yong is the best option for Liverpool , Honda is a good player but unproven in the English game whereas Lee Chung Yong has excelled in a fairly average Bolton side. (In my opinion)

Shinji Kagawa has made an excellent season in Dortmund, might be something. Would be a great guy to have since he can pretty much play on all the offensive positions, central being his most natural environment.

Inter have a South Korean Defender who is apparently decent, Honda obviously, brave shout but Park Ji-Sung anybody?

Hands off Park, He is a great player who we need....

I hate the "Buy an Asian to boast sales routine" It was tagged to park so many time, but in reality there are some really good asian who improve squads.

The Portuguese will remember Paulo Futre's recent... banter?

Park got put on the transfer list in my first season, could get him for like £2.5mill if i remember correctly

Liverpool are at least trying to expand where they want to sign players.

Japan were very impressive in the world cup for me, and a player like Honda would be a good investment, whereas Kagawa is unlikely to leave Dortmund just so soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried for Lee-Chung-Yong from Bolton, but also Park-Chu-Young from Monaco is another striker, but also the current South Korean Captain.

And what about Jong Tae-Se from North Korea? That would be an incredibly interesting yet odd signing.

Liverpool are at least trying to expand where they want to sign players.

Japan were very impressive in the world cup for me, and a player like Honda would be a good investment, whereas Kagawa is unlikely to leave Dortmund just so soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried for Lee-Chung-Yong from Bolton, but also Park-Chu-Young from Monaco is another striker, but also the current South Korean Captain.

And what about Jong Tae-Se from North Korea? That would be an incredibly interesting yet odd signing.
He's doing really well in the German 2nd division as well - 10 goals so far in 24 matches. Which is pretty pood considering he missed a chunk of games with theAsian Cup. And how awesome is the Bundesliga website? They even show how he scored
http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga2/clubs/vfl-bochum/index.php?firsttab=kader&player=ChongTese

Back