Reaction score
hey, how are people who have selected liverpool operating in the transfer market? assuming you are using some variation of the 4-2-3-1 formation, with maybe a 4-2-2-2 / 4-2-4 as backup, what positions would you suggest liverpool require? i think that liverpool need a young goalkeeper (but this need is not urgent), a backup striker (as carrol and suarez are basically the only 2) and maybe cover in lam (sterling is backup to downing currently). i am planning on just buying a gk but i cant find one that is as good as i require. my favourites are areola and branescu (prices around £4-5m). i could just use the whole increased budget to buy niang (st) and get a gk next year. thanks for any contributions.

ps. when i buy the game, will i have access to different leagues ie will i be able to purchase maignan and kaminski? thanks.

i can't recommend any players but when you buy the full game then yeah you will have access to them, and you could carry on your current save and just add the league they are in for a year in order to buy them.

Liverpool lacks a quality wing and defense. There's no urgent for a GK. I, myself, have bought Cahill and Hazard (both on 48 month fee)
Looking at Gotze as well for the RW, however I might just get Sterling to step up. Am trying to be british as much as possible so obviously Chamberlain will be my main target.
Also looking at P. Jones / Varane / Hummels / Shawcross for another defense depth, with Carragher soon to be reserve and Skrtle to be sold.

For the Midfield is a huge problem - You have three absolute quality players, Adam Lucas and Gerrard (Adam is on FIRE), and Henderson and Shelvey are quite awful tbh. Shelvey is decent but isn't special. Henderson is just...Nothing so far. Wonder if he develops better. Adam and Gerrard will be too old soon and I'm looking for replacements, Eriksen comes to mind but he seems nerfed in this version. I'd die to get my hands on Rodwell but he doesn't want to come.

For the striking option - That depends. 2 should be enough, but if you rotate between 4-5-1 to 4-4-2, then yeah another striker is needed. Perhaps a young one. I have my eyes on Wickham and Cavani atm.

I picked up Thiago on loan from Barca as an extra central/attacking midfielder with a 15m future clause, mainly to cover for Gerrard being injured. Also bought Kadlec for $4m as a back-up striker. Buying a young keeper is a priority for the next window.
Finished the demo in second to Man U. Bellamy is an adequate AML backup, but picking up a young one is a priority for the next window as well. If Pavel Niakhaychik is as good on 2012, I'll probably pick him up. Eden Hazard is just too expensive now. (Was quoted $80m by Lille)

hi,
I got on free transfers at the start as liverpool only get a 2m budget unless you sell:
RB: cover I got Hinkel (flanagan not quite there yet)
AML: McFadden or for 325k Tshabalala
ST: Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink

All good enough for back ups but would like another striker tho...

I picked up Thiago on loan from Barca as an extra central/attacking midfielder with a 15m future clause, mainly to cover for Gerrard being injured. Also bought Kadlec for $4m as a back-up striker. Buying a young keeper is a priority for the next window.
Finished the demo in second to Man U. Bellamy is an adequate AML backup, but picking up a young one is a priority for the next window as well. If Pavel Niakhaychik is as good on 2012, I'll probably pick him up. Eden Hazard is just too expensive now. (Was quoted $80m by Lille)
The prices for all the hot shots in FM11 are incredibly a joke now in FM12. I got hazard for 47M which is a joke, in FM11 I could manage, with a swet, to get him for 20M. Gotze for 50M is unrealistic as well. In real life, both are worth 20M and 30M respectively. Still Hazard is a sick player and will get him for any amount. To be honest, I think eventually Hazard will join Liverpool. I can feel it. Only need Kenny to be successful!

Btw, hows Thiago? I'm looking for a player on his mould to replace Gerrard once he retires. I have my eyes on Eriksen but he doesn't seem any special.

The prices for all the hot shots in FM11 are incredibly a joke now in FM12. I got hazard for 47M which is a joke, in FM11 I could manage, with a swet, to get him for 20M. Gotze for 50M is unrealistic as well. In real life, both are worth 20M and 30M respectively. Still Hazard is a sick player and will get him for any amount. To be honest, I think eventually Hazard will join Liverpool. I can feel it. Only need Kenny to be successful!

Btw, hows Thiago? I'm looking for a player on his mould to replace Gerrard once he retires. I have my eyes on Eriksen but he doesn't seem any special.

Yeah they are very high but I would pay almost anything for Hazard and have never tried Gotze but he looks amazing. I also got Thiago and he is brilliant. Avg rating of 7.67 after 15 games and he has scored 4 and assisted 5. When played with Suarez the two combine perfectly.

Yeah they are very high but I would pay almost anything for Hazard and have never tried Gotze but he looks amazing. I also got Thiago and he is brilliant. Avg rating of 7.67 after 15 games and he has scored 4 and assisted 5. When played with Suarez the two combine perfectly.
I'm having a midfield headache as the CM support rule(adam) and Advanced playermaker (gerrard) works wonderfully, with Adam having 13(!) assists and 9 goals in 16 appearances, and Gerrard is having a great stats as well just forgot. Adam is on fire. But on the other hands Shelvey and Henderson are poor, and so I don;t know what to do. Am looking at the possbility of getting another CM with stats similar or potential to Gerrard and Adam, but the only player I can look at atm is Sahin. He is perfect. Need someone like him.

I'm having a midfield headache as the CM support rule(adam) and Advanced playermaker (gerrard) works wonderfully, with Adam having 13(!) assists and 9 goals in 16 appearances, and Gerrard is having a great stats as well just forgot. Adam is on fire. But on the other hands Shelvey and Henderson are poor, and so I don;t know what to do. Am looking at the possbility of getting another CM with stats similar or potential to Gerrard and Adam, but the only player I can look at atm is Sahin. He is perfect. Need someone like him.

I bought Keisuke Honda for £13m for 48 months and he's working out very well alongside of Adam

As a Liverpool supporter... I feel you can put a better first 11 together with Newcastle on fm so overrated.

I sent Shelvey on loan. Thiago has been decent, but not amazing for me. I played him as a DLP and he's created seven or eight, scored two. Tend to play Lucas at RCM, on defend, and Gerrard at AMC. Henderson has been playing wide right or cent mid when I need a fill in, and has played generally rubbish, so I'll probably send him out on loan for the rest of the season, hopefully to improve with a mid Prem club. I will probably utilise my 15m option on Thiago, as his potential is rated at 4.5 stars.

I sent Shelvey on loan. Thiago has been decent, but not amazing for me. I played him as a DLP and he's created seven or eight, scored two. Tend to play Lucas at RCM, on defend, and Gerrard at AMC. Henderson has been playing wide right or cent mid when I need a fill in, and has played generally rubbish, so I'll probably send him out on loan for the rest of the season, hopefully to improve with a mid Prem club. I will probably utilise my 15m option on Thiago, as his potential is rated at 4.5 stars.
I played Henderson as a LCM support, and for my surprise he actually has some great stats. It's 12 apps, 1 goal 7 assists.

Struggling with Pool on this tbh, not great players and no cash...

You have great qualities in each of the defense midfield and strike. Suarez is deadly, Downing and Kuyt are great. Adam and Gerrard are among the bests. Agger, Enrique and Johnson are decent as well. I'm second in the league, lost 3, drawn 2 and I think 12 wins.

You have great qualities in each of the defense midfield and strike. Suarez is deadly, Downing and Kuyt are great. Adam and Gerrard are among the bests. Agger, Enrique and Johnson are decent as well. I'm second in the league, lost 3, drawn 2 and I think 12 wins.

Not bad mate, I've got a solid core but some very average players. Who did you manage to sell?

im gonna buy emre can. 600k for a guy who gets to 4* in 2 positions means he's basically a must-buy for every team (will be cheaper for lots of teams too). this is my only definite purchase. im waiting till the game comes out before i have another look because there are 6/7 goalkeepers who i cannot scout as liverpool atm. ill spend the remaining few million on some combination of gk and st with st having precedence (most likely niang but i would appreciate other suggestions).

i brought emre can and Antony limbombe both for 1.5m between they can play all over the midfield good prospects for the future.

Last edited:
First things first, ask for an increased wage budget after agreeing objectives, as with budget adjustments you can get to about £15 mil. If you wait till November, December time, there's a chance busquets becomes available for about £13 mil for january. Haven't tested whether he'll sign for liverpool. Also, one of the young strikers from caen, either will do, lenny's cheaper at 2 mil but only has 3 and a half star, whilst the other guy is 4 and a half for 6 mil, or blow your budget on muniain. Emre can is a brilliant young talent, usually available for as little as 600k. You do not need to pay the full 1.5 mil. Areola for psg is good cheap young keeper, and henderson has been brilliant for me. And it seeme that the best tactics i've tried so far do not require wingers, so give 3 upfront ago. But if you're desperate for firepower, can you really get better value for money than petric? And my arsenal career seems to like the liverpool squad, considering they're 4 points clear coming up to december... (all prices are in £). Given my liking for liverpool games (had 30 different ones on fm11) i'll let you know when i find players.

I have bought;
Yaya Sanogo (ST) from Auxerre for £1.4m
Santiago Garcia (ST) from ateltico Paranaense for £7.5m
Ryan Shawcross from Stoke for £15m

Sold;
Skrtel to Malaga for £15m
Maxi to CSKA for £5m
Brad Jones to Dortmund for £1.9m

Sanogo out on loan for experience, Shawcross learning ahead of Carraghers retirement and Garcia banging them in when Carroll/Suarez is out or rested.
Sterling playing well in the Carling Cup and reserves champions league (score 3 as they beat Barca in semi-finals)
Henderson playing like a trooper in midfield, really settling in well.
Currently top of the league after 24 games and just about to play Fulham in Carling Cup Final
Jack Robinson playing well, and Flanagan on loan at Sheffield Utd, getting player of the month 3 times!

I started with Liverpool and I turned first window transfers on, mainly to stop all the big spenders adding to their squad even more. Started off badly due to bad tactics was in Europa league spots in january and I was given 9 million. Bought Sanogo, Eriksen <-- strongly reccommend, and Marco Veratti. I won the FA cup, finished 3rd and splashed the cash. By the end of July, I was spent.
Hazard for £35m
Kjaer for £18m
Ljajic for £11.5m
Lavezzi for £28m
Jese for £6m
Out
Skrtle for £4.5m
Adam for £5m
Doni £500k
Maxi £2m
I cant get rid of Bellamy or J Cole. So frustrating!
I just need a left back and Im good to go!