Reaction score

V

Venue: Anfield
Kick-off: 8PM
Injuries (Liverpool): Carragher
Injuries (Fulham): Briggs, Senderos, Zamora
Doubtful: Etuhu and Aaron Hughes
Unavailable: Schwarzer (international duty)​

These sides were due to meet just before Christmas and then Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson must have looked forward to the visit of his former club, as it would probably have been the only time he would have heard his name sung in a positive manner at Anfield - albeit from the away end.

His name is now but a bitter memory for Liverpool fans whose new saviour, 'King' Kenny Dalglish, showed signs on Saturday that he might be able to get the best out of an underperforming squad and help turn around one of the most disastrous seasons in the club's illustrious history.

Their display in the 3-0 win at Wolves was far from perfect, but the players showed a commitment, hunger and bite that has so often been absent this season. Even Fernando Torres rose from the doldrums to score twice in a performance that dampened rumours that he wants to leave.

Fulham's record at Anfield is derisory - not a single win in 29 visits and some fearful beatings along the way, including the infamous club record 10-0 thrashing 25 years ago.

But when the Cottagers were under the stewardship of Hodgson, and playing a brand of football that the Reds' faithful would go on to quickly despise, they eked out two successive 0-0 draws at Anfield. Manager Mark Hughes will be desperate for his side to go one better and finally end their Merseyside hoodoo, and they are well placed to do so given a recent run of form that has seen them win three of their last five league games.

Prediction: Liverpool 3-1 Fulham.

:)

Slightly off topic, sort of.. But does anyone have an idea of when Zamora's back? :(

Slightly off topic, sort of.. But does anyone have an idea of when Zamora's back? :(

Not too sure, a couple more months I'd presume.

C'mon liverpool! Off the back of that 3-0 win against wolves im going to go with either 2-0 or 3-1! Morale should be a bit better and confidence! Passing and retaining possesion against wolves was great.

My prediction is 3-0 to Liverpool

Liverpool look a totally different side under King Kenny and they should overwhelm Fulham easily

Liverpool won't be winning because we have Stockdale in goal, and we haven't lost a single match with him this season. Dull 0-0 draw is my prediction, though we have to be at our best to even draw.

I'm gonna go for a risky 4-0 Liverpool. Torres to get two, Meireles and Gerrard

Going for a 1-0 Fulham. Dalglish is hyped up by the Kop.

I'm gonna go for a risky 4-0 Liverpool. Torres to get two, Meireles and Gerrard

It has been a long long time we have gotten this scoreline. I remember two years ago we have been constantly scoring 4 goals each game.:)

Gonna go with 2-1 Gerrard, Maxi (If he starts/plays). Hope we keep a clean sheet though.

Dont think it will be an easy game. we still have alot of problems especially defensibly.. but if we pass and move and show the same hunger we did against wolves then we should come out on top

I also will say 3-1

Liverpool 3 - 0 Fulham

Torres x2
J.Cole

Is this game on TV?

We have a fantastic goal scoring record vs Fulham at home...

...0-0 :p
Nah, 2-0

Little over an hour til kick-off, anyone heard team line-ups yet? I'm hoping for:

Reina
Kelly - Agger - Wilson - Aurelio
Meireles - Lucas
Kuyt ---- Gerrard ---- Maxi
Torres​

I think it would be interesting to see how Wilson will do, and with our defence at the moment, I think we could do with trying out something different.

Little over an hour til kick-off, anyone heard team line-ups yet? I'm hoping for:

Reina
Kelly - Agger - Wilson - Aurelio
Meireles - Lucas
Kuyt ---- Gerrard ---- Maxi
Torres​

I think it would be interesting to see how Wilson will do, and with our defence at the moment, I think we could do with trying out something different.

I'd rather see Johnson than Aurelio. Aurelio is not the good defensively.
Also, Skrtel was good against Wolves, would be kind of stupid to take him out now, but not when he was doing terribly earlier in the season.

I'd rather see Johnson than Aurelio. Aurelio is not the good defensively.
Also, Skrtel was good against Wolves, would be kind of stupid to take him out now, but not when he was doing terribly earlier in the season.

Hmm, I don't really want to see Johnson playing if it's going to be left-back, he's definitely shown why he plays on the right in the past few matches. As for Skrtel, I agree, just think it would be nice to see what Wilson can do :)