Liverpool vs. FK Rabotnicki

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not just non-liverpool fans, seen plenty of pool fans on here give him bad press. he's still a very young player who's had to fill in for one of the best strikers out there

its not just non-liverpool fans, seen plenty of pool fans on here give him bad press. he's still a very young player who's had to fill in for one of the best strikers out there
Same with Lucas. Both scapegoats for deluded 'Pool fans that only want Messi, and press

Same with Lucas. Both scapegoats for deluded 'Pool fans that only want Messi, and press

A lot of it is down to the media shaping things too I think.

The press after tonight's game was very positive for Mr.Hodgson. Some of the fans are heaping praise on the team etc. etc. Good stuff. But that wasn't any different to how we played under Rafa - in fact, it was a lot less progressive than we'd have played them under Rafa. Lucky goal made all the difference. The opposition were poor tonight, so there's little point throwing too many superlatives anyone's way.

Deep defence remains a concern. Carra will have to start passing to Lucas to allow him to carry the ball. Good decision by Mr.Hodgson to allow him to be captain tonight. Lad took on the responsibility and demanded the ball from his defenders. Loved seeing it. **** even Spearing was piping up and wanting it. Really liked to see that - helped by so many of the 'influential' players not being there. Carra and Gerrard are such massive personalities that they can stifle other players at times. Players like Mascherano can tell them where to go, the young lads tend to fall to bits instead.

A lot of it is down to the media shaping things too I think.

The press after tonight's game was very positive for Mr.Hodgson. Some of the fans are heaping praise on the team etc. etc. Good stuff. But that wasn't any different to how we played under Rafa - in fact, it was a lot less progressive than we'd have played them under Rafa. Lucky goal made all the difference. The opposition were poor tonight, so there's little point throwing too many superlatives anyone's way.

Deep defence remains a concern. Carra will have to start passing to Lucas to allow him to carry the ball. Good decision by Mr.Hodgson to allow him to be captain tonight. Lad took on the responsibility and demanded the ball from his defenders. Loved seeing it. **** even Spearing was piping up and wanting it. Really liked to see that - helped by so many of the 'influential' players not being there. Carra and Gerrard are such massive personalities that they can stifle other players at times. Players like Mascherano can tell them where to go, the young lads tend to fall to bits instead.
you think much of the style will change when the big boys return, or could this be the shape of things to come?

you think much of the style will change when the big boys return, or could this be the shape of things to come?

Unless Hodgson is going to beat Carra round the head, can't see us trying to play a higher line. And really not sure about how things are going to work with our abundance of players who like that central floating role but no senior wingers who'll hit the byline.

Hard to tell. Get a better idea with the friendly coming up as senior players should be available for that.

Unless Hodgson is going to beat Carra round the head, can't see us trying to play a higher line. And really not sure about how things are going to work with our abundance of players who like that central floating role but no senior wingers who'll hit the byline.

Hard to tell. Get a better idea with the friendly coming up as senior players should be available for that.
A friendly a few days before a Europa League match:/

Yeah Sunday in Germany. Only match some of the senior players will be getting before Arsenal I reckon.

re the floating players. i think that kuyt should play down the left, and cole down the right. my reasoning being that when johnson bombs down the right you really need a playmaker style player looking to cut in/cross, and kuyts decent at it, but cole would be better. also your left flank is suspect, i dont even know who will play there, so have kuyt there covering in defence, and purely looking to attack at the far post in attack would balance your side more. of course it leaves maxi on the bench. playing gerrard, cole and maxi just looks like trouble, since you dont have a supreme distributor

re the floating players. i think that kuyt should play down the left, and cole down the right. my reasoning being that when johnson bombs down the right you really need a playmaker style player looking to cut in/cross, and kuyts decent at it, but cole would be better. also your left flank is suspect, i dont even know who will play there, so have kuyt there covering in defence, and purely looking to attack at the far post in attack would balance your side more. of course it leaves maxi on the bench. playing gerrard, cole and maxi just looks like trouble, since you dont have a supreme distributor
Kuyt can't play on the left ;)

Kuyt can't play on the left ;)
lol i dont know how too footed he is but he seems to be pretty ok coming inside (im assuming hes right footed). he's certainly disciplined enough to attempt it. i just think it would add a a better balance

edit as godcubed just pointed out he was on the left for holland. didnt notice him but then i was watching the supreme amount of fouls

lol i dont know how too footed he is but he seems to be pretty ok coming inside (im assuming hes right footed). he's certainly disciplined enough to attempt it. i just think it would add a a better balance

edit as godcubed just pointed out he was on the left for holland. didnt notice him but then i was watching the supreme amount of fouls

Really, Kuyt's one of those players you would trust just about anywhere. He'd be dependable enough on the left.

Really, Kuyt's one of those players you would trust just about anywhere. He'd be dependable enough on the left.

I'd like to see him play at CM.

Extremely energetic.
Likes to help the defence.
Like to go forward.
Disciplined.
Strong.

Not saying it would work, but it would be worth a shot.

Extremely energetic.
Like to go forward.
Disciplined.
Strong.

That's a good shout. He'd suit the typical English all-round midfielder mould, for sure.

In the semi-serious 'first league line-up' on RAWK, I've got:

Gerrard - Cole - Kuyt
Torres

Similar reasons as you suggest (have Agger as leftback). Problem is that there's no width there whatsoever other than Johnson trying to get forward from fullback which is fine when you've got Mash there, but if he leaves then I'm not sure you can ask Lucas to hit that level of performance in that specific role.

Reason I've got Cole in the centre and not Gerrard is that Cole seems to think that's where he's going to play. And personally, I wouldn't want Gerrard further back in any match where possession will be important.

The rumours of Mash being sold for cash plus Muntari make a lot of sense if you think of it that way, although you do wonder about where Jovanovic is going to be a bit of a misfit under Mr.Hodgson and struggle to get games.

Last edited:
For anyone who's interested and has access to the channel, this game is currently being shown on Setanta Ireland. It's in the 37th minute atm.

Extremely energetic.
Like to go forward.
Disciplined.
Strong.

Remember Ray Kennedy ? He was bought as a striker & Bob Paisley turned him into a BEAST of a left sided MF - represented England in that position too, so it's not unprecidented

Status
Not open for further replies.