Liverpool Vs Wigan

Ben

I am a biased ****.
Reaction score
Five straight wins is a sign of a team in the groove. Liverpool achieved the sequence three times when finishing second in 2009 and will do it again under Kenny Dalglish should they overcome Wigan, a club who have never won at Anfield. Both sides will have players coming back from slight injuries that prevented them from appearing internationally in midweek – Steven Gerrard and Martin Skrtel for Liverpool and James McCarthy for Wigan. Gary Caldwell is likely to revive memories of Paul Gascoigne at Lazio by playing in a mask to protect a fractured cheekbone.

Venue Anfield, Saturday 3pm

Tickets Sold out

Last season Liverpool 2 Wigan 1

Referee Kevin Friend

Odds Liverpool 7-18 Wigan 9-1 Draw 4-1​

Predicted line-ups:

25: Reina

23: Carragher - 37: Skrtel - 5: Agger
34: Kelly ------------------------------------ 2: Johnson

21: Lucas - 8: Gerrard - 4: Meireles

18: Kuyt
7: Suarez

20: Rodallega

11: Moses --------------------------- 10: N'Zogbia
4: McCarthy
21: Diame - 8: Watson

31: Figueroa - 3: Alcaraz - 5: Caldwell - 2: Gohouri
26: Al Habsi

• Liverpool have picked up more points than any other Premier League team since Kenny Dalglish's appointment

• Wigan have won just one of their 13 matches against teams in the top half of the table

• Liverpool have kept four consecutive clean sheets in the league – the last time they managed five was in Septmeber 2007 with the fifth being a win over Wigan

• Wigan won their last match but have not managed two in a row since March 2009

• Raul Meireles has scored four times in his last five league games after failing to find the net in his first 17

Well, we're in good form, can only see us beating Wigan at Anfield, won't be easy though. If anyone's going listen for a Birthday shout-out for Steven Walsh, one of my mates whose going. :p

Prediction: Liverpool 3-0 Wigan

Kuyt
Gerrard
Agger.

Last edited:
home win without a doubt even though judas went there i expect 2 or 3 nil vs wigan which i prefer dont want wigan getting near newcastle

Liverpool 3 - 0 Wigan.

With our new found confidence and football under King Kenny, I think we'll be far to superior for Wigan.

I also hope Suarez starts, will be interesting to see what he can do over 90 minutes, providing he lasts that long.

Good op, nearly as good as mine :p. I think Pool are due a big win so im saying 6-0.

Good op, nearly as good as mine :p. I think Pool are due a big win so im saying 6-0.

CJACKO predicting a 6-0 Liverpool win! I'm a beast at pre-match OP's. (K)

Think liverpool will win 4-1
Suarez 1, Gerrard 2, Kuyt 1 and N Zogbia With 1 ^^)

Quick tip, he knows what im like. It was a joke and he knew it.

I have no doubt Ben knew it was a joke, but I'm talking about people in general on the site, certain people have the ability to cause arguments over near enough anything on the site. Which as most threads will lead to it being closed.

Expect another convincing Liverpool win with a clean sheet. 3-0 I'm thinking.

don't really care if it finishes 1-0 or 4-3 for liverpool or something else......we just need 3 points for our attempt to push to top 4 and put pressure on blues and spurs (H)

3-0 I say, really hope Suarez starts, would love to see what he can do from the start. Hope it's N'gog and Suarez up front. N'gog's not appeared much recently. Still, Kelly <3
Really should have left by now :eek:

don't really care if it finishes 1-0 or 4-3 for liverpool or something else......we just need 3 points for our attempt to push to top 4 and put pressure on blues and spurs (H)

Chelsea have a 20 goals+ advantage on Liverpool so it would be good to get a big win, just in case.

Line up I'm hoping for:

Reina
Kelly - Agger - Carragher - Johnson
Lucas
Gerrard
Kuyt - Meireles - Maxi
Suarez​

See this as a kind of 4-3-3.

My prediction is 2-0, goals from Suarez :)wub:) + Meireles :)wub:)

It's stuff like this that will cause arguments on this site. Leave it out.

I have no doubt Ben knew it was a joke, but I'm talking about people in general on the site, certain people have the ability to cause arguments over near enough anything on the site. Which as most threads will lead to it being closed.

Surely it's comments like these that have more chance of causing an argument?..

Another thing to add is that if Lucas plays today, it will be his 100th appearance for the club. He's been one of our best players this season, and I hope we can mark the landmark with a nice win :)

Luis Suarez makes his full Liverpool debut against Wigan Athletic at Anfield this afternoon - listen live online from 2.55pm.

The Uruguayan striker is handed his first Reds start in attack alongside Dirk Kuyt in a 4-4-2 formation, though Steven Gerrard misses out through injury.

Liverpool: Reina, Kelly, Carragher, Skrtel, Johnson, Maxi, Meireles, Lucas, Aurelio, Kuyt, Suarez. Subs: Gulacsi, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Poulsen, Pacheco, Jovanovic, Ngog.