TCold

Reaction score
Hi.

Don't get scared by the length of it. -_-'

I'm in need of some advice about my Liverpool game. I play on the LFCMarshall's database with the 11.3 patch installed. (started the game before the patch).
I'm at the end of May 2011 going into the 2nd season. I obviously don't know what my budget will be yet, but want some ideas for players before the likes of Man City and Chelsea buy players i'm interested in like in the past 2 transfer windows. -_-'

Also, my reserve squad is completely intact, i only sold Pacheco for reasons i don't quite get myself. :S

You can see my squad in the screenshot, though the players not seen are:
- Daniel Agger
- Fabio Aurelio
- Christian Poulsen
- Dirk Kuyt
- Milan Jovanovic
- David N'Gog

As far as tactics go i play with an inside forward on the left, an advanced playmaker in the mid and a winger on the right side of the AM. Lucas (and Poulsen) play as a ball winning midfielder and the other CM is a box to box midfielder, though sometimes an advanced playmaker, it depends on the player.

Ok, i think that's all the info about that, now to the 2 main questions.
1. Who to sell? (if anyone). I'm having a problem deciding on who to get rid off.
All the high earning players in the reserves who are on loans are certainly going (Aquilani, Degen, Konchesky) as well as Brad Jones. I'm still deciding if i should sell Insua or not. I also plan to get rid of the most of the reserve players i have no plan on playing in the first team. Though i'm still deciding between keeping or selling Spearing.
As far as the first team goes i've been mainly thinking of selling Poulsen, N'Gog and either Kuyt or Maxi. They played pretty much the same in the season, both being outshined by Ninis and Hazard by far. Not really sure on anyone else from here. Need advice on this.

Oh i also bought Babacar before the 1st season and am planning on loaning him out for 1 season. Yes or no?

2.Who to buy? Not really sure what I need strengthened first. :S
I've been thinking i need another right winger, preferably not too old and too expensive.
I definitely need 2 CM's. One who can play as a Ball winning midfielder and one for a Box to Box Midfielder.
Maybe another AML - Inside forward, but Hazard and Jovanovic did a good job alternating on that spot.
Another interest spot are the CB's. I'm thinking of getting Otamendi so i have a faster one who can play as a Cover well cuz we had problems with fast attackers. Though if you have any other suggestion it would be cool.
This is pretty low priority: Goalkeeper. Reina is 28 and i'm thinking De Gea to be a good choice for the future. Though this being a buy for a later season.
I've also been thinking about getting another LB cuz Aurelio is old and not really doing that good. :/
The last interest spot would be the Attack. I need another striker who can take control when Suarez is not doing well. N'Gog and Carroll certainly weren't this season. I've been thinking of Hulk, and Cavani. I doubt i could get Hulk but Cavani seems good and a possible buy. Ideas welcomed.

Hope you can help.

Omg, such a giant wall of text. -_-'

Looks like you've gotta nice team there already mate.. I would suggest buying Neymar as you mentioned a need for a striker and he can also cover left and right wing, overall good buy. Is that Alex Sandro guy any good? Ive never heard of him.

hm, Neymar would certainly be an interesting buy.
The thing is that most of the players are also old, so i need to get fresh faces into the team.
I definitely need a new ball winning midfielder as there was a difference in me playing Lucas or Poulsen there and Joe Cole also had only a few good games whole season. :/

He did quite well for me. Considering he's young and he played for only half a season i'd rate him as a good buy, yeah.

Try Marek Hamsik if you get money hes always been good for me and Andrea Poli is very good but also quite pricey other than that the obvious one is Moussa Sissoko :)

Okay thanks mate, ill check him out.

get rid of some of the dead wood, people like Maxi Rodriguez and possibly Joe Cole. Perhaps look to promote a youth CB and sell Kyrgiakos or sign a young CB as a backup.

For your CB are you looking for a instant impact one or a rotation/hot prospect?

Preferably instant impact, though can be rotation/hot prospect too.

I'd really appreciate also if you mention which of the 2 CM roles the player you're recomending plays as. I'm kinda bad at judging that myself. -_-'

Adam Vass for ball winning mid. He's young and very cheap. Scouts on the game underrate him. I got him on my save but if you have too many mids he can become unhappy with the competition (happened to me).

Mohamadu Diarra from Real Madrid could be a ball winning midfielder and Gago as Madrid are always trying to get rid of them both for around 500 000 in my game!

i singed diarra for lfc but i havent really played him and im in my 2nd season :)

Thanks guys i have some ideas now. :)

But I'm still deciding about 2 things:

1. Should i sell Insua? Or can he pretty much replace Fabio Aurelio?
2. Should i loan out Babacar for the whole season? So he can get some 1st team expirience.

Thanks guys i have some ideas now. :)

But I'm still deciding about 2 things:

1. Should i sell Insua? Or can he pretty much replace Fabio Aurelio?
2. Should i loan out Babacar for the whole season? So he can get some 1st team expirience.

Keep Insua, his stats are good. And he'll preform for you. In 2010 he was my LB for 12 years.

Yes, loan him out if you don't need him as back-up. But make sure he goes to a club where he'll play and have good training facilities.

How do i know if a club has good training facilities?

Go to the club, click 'Information' then click 'facilities'

ah, k. Thanks. :)

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:22 PM ----------

Done, i spent my budget and executed all my plans for the transfer window. All went well. ^^

I sold:
Whole reserve team excluding Shelvey
Joe Cole
Maxi Rodriguez
Christian Poulsen
Martin Jovanovic
Sotiris Kyrgiakos
David N'Gog

And i loaned Babacar to Lille.

I bought:
Phil Jones - 14 mil
Yann M'Vila - 17 mil