Liverpool's Downing wants title

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 2K
I think Liverpool have got the quality to challenge. It depends on injuries and form. And they've got Dalglish now. It sounds pretty dumb and basic, but even if they are outsiders, they can win.

We won't finish higher then 3rd. City & United will be competing for the top 2, and I see us and Chelsea going for 3rd and 4th.

As long as the manc's dont win it ill be satisfied, next season we have to

I hope Downing's joking, and if not, Kenny has a serious word with him.

Being ambitious is great, but the title is too far this season. 3rd is definitely achievable though.

Being ambitious is great, but the title is too far this season. 3rd is definitely achievable though.

If the wheels come off the usual suspects' title challenges I hope you won't mind us steaming in to win it. It'll be a nice surprise for you mate. ;)

Last edited:

After spending over 120m in 6 months, surely you should be aiming for the title? Can't be that unrealistic surely?

As far as I am concerned there are 6 teams who have enough quality to win the title.... saying things like the title race is between the Manchester Clubs only and saying that 3rd place will be fought between Chelsea and Liverpool whilst totally disregarding Arsenal is plain dumb in my opinion... everyone knows what happened to Chelsea last season, we started the season like a rocket and everyone was predicting us to win the title then suddenly zoom 4 months and we were being predicted to finish out of the top 4 then suddenly we came the closest to taking the title

My point is, lets not rush into conclusions so early because the season is only 3 games old and anything can happen particularly as some teams have had to contend with the loss of key players (Arsenal) and other teams have to gel under a new manager (Chelsea) and just because these two clubs have not performed well in the first 3 matches does not mean they cant take the title

I'm genuinely happy to see the team playing well which is what matters to me. Happy as long as we try our best and get back into Europe.

I'm genuinely happy to see the team playing well which is what matters to me. Happy as long as we try our best and get back into Europe.

Tbh I'd be staggered if you didn't make Europe. The squad is perfectly balanced and absolutely loaded with quality, including the backups

Tbh I'd be staggered if you didn't make Europe. The squad is perfectly balanced and absolutely loaded with quality, including the backups

Hope we can hold onto Lucas, a target for Barcelona and Real Madrid ;)

After spending over 120m in 6 months, surely you should be aiming for the title? Can't be that unrealistic surely?

Nice to see the failure to comprehend how transfers work wasn't exclusive to Rafa's signings.

lol everyone whats to win, but they'll only be one winner.

ahh, that said let the season roll and see how the title [horse] race gets.

Back