ThePablo

Reaction score
Introduction:

I have started a new game using the free agent database. I'll put the link in here if anyone else is interested. The rules are simple; everyone had 1.5 Million to spend on wages and no starting transfer budget.
You have to build a team of your own including Senior, Reserves and Youth players. Everyone will start off on a level playing field but once the action starts it'll be clear who made the most of their budget.
I currently have a save game going with Q.P.R on this database but I’m going to start a fresh.
This will be my first FM Base story so any suggestions are welcome. I'm currently planning to update my game monthly with results and details of the league table and squad performances. I'll be loading the full English system as well as most top European leagues view only.
Although I have a squad in mind, any suggestions on players to try and sign are welcome.

Let’s get started!

Link: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/challenges-scenarios/100997-global-free-agent-challenge.html

View attachment 334425

Fernandes at it again!

Q.P.R chairman Tony Fernandes has once again decided a change in manager is the way forward for the London side.
The shock appointment of Claudio Ronando, an unknown Paraguayan manager who has worked with youth football academies in Europe for the last 10 years, has got the fans questioning the ambitious of the Q.P.R board.
With no first team squad the manager has a huge task building his own team. Many would see this as a tough task but new boss Ronando said "I find this as a blessing; I can come straight into the club and put my own stamp on things".
When questioned about his tactical approach he replied; "I like to play attractive attacking football trying to keep as much possession as possible, if the opposition doesn
t have the ball they can't score against us".
He also stated his ambitious for the season; "Depending on the bodies I can bring in over these summer months I feel we should be safe from the relegation battle and hopefully be challenging for a European spot. A good run in the domestic cups is also targeted".
With the transfer season approaching we will find out soon enough whether or not the promises made by Ronando can be kept.

Last edited:
Q.P.R SIGN NEW SQUAD
Today Q.P.R manager Claudio Ronando announced his new squad to the gathering press. A number of big name signings were made by the inexperienced manager and most of the squad came been seen as coup signing for a small club like Q.P.R. With a wage budget of 1.5 Million backing him, it is rumored he used approximately 1.3 million on his wages. Ronando said "With a the budget I was given i feel i have brough in a good squad of players all of whom will have a part to play in this season". Questioned over the players wages the manager distributed copies of the squads contract agreements. Fernando Llorente is the clubs highest earner on a staggering £99k per week. The manager on this matter said, "If you want the best you need to be able to offer a good wage and explain your expectations to the player receiving the wage. I expect Fernando to be one of our key players and also one of the major threats in Europe. I hope he can help fire my team to meet my expectations of a Top 2 Finish in the next 3 seasons and at least one domestic trophy in the next 2 season". The managers first game in charge of the new Q.P.R side will be away to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Attached is the list of my full squad and wages. I have a few coup signings as mentioned above. I will also attach my pre season scores and fixture list as well as my current tactic. Any suggestions appreciated.

View attachment 335105View attachment 335103View attachment 335104

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in this i will keep it running ?