Living In The Blue Side Of The Mersey - An Everton Story

Foreign Bob

Reaction score
Rookie William Smith has been named Everton's new manager after signing a three-year contract on Thursday.

Smith oversaw the first day of pre-season training and was due to meet key men Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta. "This is the biggest job in club football and I'm honoured to be taking on one of Britain's best clubs," Smith told the club's website. Smith succeeds David Moyes, who left Everton because of personal reasons.

The 1st thing on the 33 year-olds agenda was to choose the best tactic for the club. He has gone for an attacking approach with this 4-1-2-1-2 formation which he hopes will see off the competition for 4th spot.

Just 8 days after being appointed, William Smith signed skilful France centre forward Loïc Rémy</SPAN>for a bargain fee of £9,500,000.

After signing Loïc Rémy, William thought he didn’t need any other players and is happy with his current squad.

Pre-Season

Overall I have been pleased with this year’s pre-season, there has only been one slight injury and the performances have been fantastic as well.

Any advice please tell me and I hope you follow this story!

Last edited:
August 2009

Everton have signed Romanian international Razvan Rat for £4,000,000. Rat, 28, will provide stiff competition with Baines for a place on the left of defence. Recently, William Smith stated in a press conference that he was not going to buy another player after finally getting his hands on Loric Remy but this signing is definitely still going to be a huge confidence boosters for the team.

Premier League

Sunderland 1-4 Everton

Benjani (37) Cana s/o (24) – Remy (40, 90+2) Saha (60)Fellaini (90+5)

Europa League (Qualifying)

Amkar 0-3 Everton 1st leg

Cahill (4) P. Neville (45+2) Pienaar (69)

Everton 6-1Amkar 2nd leg

P. Neville (2, 29, 71) Remy (5) Jagielka (33) Rodwell (56) – Adjiev (13)

View attachment 96995

Premier League

Everton 2-2 Chelsea

Cahill (22, 49) – Drogba (38) Carvalho (80)

View attachment 96996

Unable to post screenshot of table because I am already in September and forgot to do it sorry. I will post screenshot next month though.

Managers Comments: A great start to the Europa League by winning 9-1 on aggregate, somehow P. Neville scored 4 goals in 2 games! In the league I am delighted that we tore Sunderland apart on the opening day but slightly disappointed that we gave away the lead twice against Chelsea when we dominated throughout.

are anyone following?

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

if not i will stop the story